“very clean”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Milan
Cleveland, Ohio
“very clean”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our room was very clean. Every request we had was met with a prompt answer from a smiling staff member; from extra towels and pillows to a late check out. And we actually got the late check out without housekeeping banging on our door at noon sharp. I can't stand getting a late checkout and then getting bothered by staff; this staff obviously communicates very well. Because of this stay, this motel will be getting my business every time I come up for the races at Norwalk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you very kindly for your review regarding your recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear that our hotel made your stay here relaxing. I will be shareing your review with the whole staff. See you next year for the races!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 3, 2012

1.Very good place to stay. We'll definitely stay again when we return next summer. The staff and facility were both better than we expected. We had a not so good experience with this hotel chain in the past. This turned out to be much better. It's motels like this that give Motel 6 a GOOD name.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive review you left regarding your recent stay. I am so happy that this stay at Motel 6 helped change your opinion of the brand! We strive to excel in customer service here and our hope is always that every guest that stays with us will have an enjoyable, relaxing experience. I hope to see you on your next visit ou are back in the area!
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have previously reviewed this property, but it's been two years since I last stayed here and reviewed it. Since then the hotel has been renovated and I figure it deserves a new review.

First off, for $38.99 (at least during the Cedar Point off-season) you can't beat the value in this area. The property is clean and safe, with a friendly staff. Nowadays you get a room with a faux-wood floor, available motion-sensor bathroom light to prevent late-night stumbling, and a TV with all sorts of plugs for an easy device hookup. That said, the room is pretty no-frills / minimal: there's no fridge, no chair, and it's BYOS (Bring Your Own Shampoo). There's no breakfast either, though there is coffee. The bathroom is fine. But there is still free and pretty quick wireless.

Laundry is rather reasonable, with a washer cycle at an even $1.00 and dryer cycle at $0.75. Do bring your own detergent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for the nice words that you have said about our Motel 6 in Sandusky/Milan. We hope to have you back when traveling through the area.
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed for one night on a recent vacation. This was our first stay at a Motel 6 and we were very impressed. The room was very clean with a comfortable bed. The TV and WiFi worked well. Some touches you expect in other motels are missing, such as Kleenex and shampoo, and there's no breakfast but the price more than makes up for those.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words about our Motel 6. As you pointed out there are no extra ammenities and that is how we are able to keep our prices low. We hope to see you again when visiting the area.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed here on July 5 through the 8. Very friendly staff and the rooms were clean. Even though I thought the price was high for a Motel 6 it was the lowest out of all the hotels around. I had a problem with the internet and went to the front desk and they took care of it right away. I come all of the time for the race and I will continue to return. The rooms all have hard wood flooring and the beds could be better but I enjoy each and every stay when I go. Keep up the good work guys!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your contribution to our review page for the Motel 6 Milan/Sandusky. We love to hear about our guests experiences and am so happy that you had an enjoyable stay. I am glad that we were able to provide you with clean, affordable lodging and that we were able to get the internet problem fixed right away for you while in town for the race. We hope we can be of service to you in the future!
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Usually when I book at a Motel 6 I don't expect much. This hotel though is the exception. I booked here for the price, which was the lowest in the area and was surprised how nice the hotel was. The lobby was pretty standard however the rooms were VERY NICE. The rooms had a faux-wood flooring in them, recently renovated bathrooms (although the shower was a weird shape) and was just nice overall. My only complaints were the fuzzy TV signal and the fact that a lot of the channels had a message telling me to put my channel card in or just were blank/snow. Besides that minor inconvenience everything was great. New staff had a bit of a problem with my check in because I had a CC auth form, but they made a call and got everything taken care of almost immediately.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
none
Reviewed June 3, 2012

we stayed just for one night and it was our first and our LAST stay at motel 6! we´re travelling since sept. 2011...so we stayed in many accommodation but this was one of the worst! the room was so worn.even a hostel is better! The floor wasn´t clean ( rice, hairs, dirt and dust on the floor?!!), the microwave wasn´t clean too! the furniture was so worn and everything seems like "plactic"! no clean sink! hairs on the bathroomfloor! 3 of 5 towel were dirty! sorry...but this is not what we paid for. it´s overradet and overpriced! never again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rebelfeve r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
Super 8 Milan/Sandusky Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Milan
Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan
Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky
Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron

Been to Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan? Share your experiences!