“Best kept secret in town.”
Review of Italian Garden Restaurant - CLOSED

Italian Garden Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 8, 2013

What a diamond in the rough. Our bartender / server was a delight. Our food was very good. A wonderful salad of mixed greens started our meal followed by pasta topped with a marinara sauce to die for. A very pleasant find. Looking forward to another visit next month.

1  Thank sugarplu

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Maybe the expectations in a town with only nine restaurants are pretty low. But I'm really confused about how this restaurant received high marks. The food was awful. Everything was over cooked. My medium rare ribeye was well done and too tough to chew. My daughter's salmon was overlooked to the point of being dry. The house homemade balsamic vinegar estate was overly acidic. The baked potato and grilled vegetables (broccoli and cauliflower) were good. The bruschetta was burnt white toast and chopped tomatoes, onions, and olives. No basil, isn't that what bruschetta is based upon?

Our waitress was very kind and attentive, no complaints there. She removed the steak from our bill, but I still paid $7 for a bad salad and small potato. We were concerned when we saw no cars in the parking lot on a Friday night, but reviews were good, and let's face it, we were in the middle of nowhere and had been for awhile. We would have not risked it otherwise.

Although limited, I was able to get a bottle of Ecco Domani Pinot Noir, the best selection on the wine menu. The wine glass was spotty, but otherwise clean. The restaurant looked clean overall.

The menu states entrees cme with soup, salad, bruschetta, and a side, but it is soup OR salad. No biggie, who wants that much food anyway? Just an FYI?

For the middle of nowhere, maybe it's ok, but next time, I'd go to McDonalds.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This place has the most wonderful sauce you ever tasted, The family feeling you get from dinning there is wonderful.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This place was the only non-fast food within walking distance of my motel. Very short menu list, about the only thing I recognized was ‘ravioli’ so that is what I ordered. That and a salad.

As I’m eating my salad I notice the ‘daily specials’ listed on the wall … veggie lasagna. THAT was never mentioned by the waitress. That is what I would have wanted to order.

Salad was good and fresh, ravioli was good … half was just cheese the other half was with meat.

Service was (other than that one detail) good and quick.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Italian Garden is nothing fancy but good food with a complete bar, clean, good service, reasonable cost, and a quiet relaxing place at the end of a long traveling day. I travel back and forth on the Ohio Turnpike several times a year and usually stay at the Super 8 (nothing special but clean) and always look forward to ending my day with a good meal here. Its located in the back of the Super 8 motel just north of the Ohio Turnpike Exit in Milan. If you're tired of chain restaurants and fast food like I am, then I think you'll find this hidden gem worth trying.