“If ever in area again, would definitely return!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Milan
Monroe, Ohio
“If ever in area again, would definitely return!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Very friendly staff and clean rooms at this Hampton. About 15-20 min. drive to Cedar Point. Nice complimentary breakfast with lots of items: eggs, waffles, sausage, cereal (hot and cold), fruit, bagels, milk and juice. Secluded pool that is open til 1:00 a.m. Oh, and they have soft towels too!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My friends and I were very pleased overall with this hotel...Everything was clean, updated and the service was fantastic...The pool and hot tub area was clean and stocked full of fresh towels (we didn't check out the workout area as we were enjoying unwinding in the hot tub!)...We really enjoyed the complimentary breakfasts (hot) that were served (I don't even eat like that while I am at home!)...This hotel is right on the main drag near the highway and we had many options for restaurants and shopping...I highly recommend Hapmton Inn Sandusky/Milan! :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Dropped the kids and my husband at Cedar Point and I came to the Hampton Milan to relax and sun at the pool. It was a perfect spot for that for sure as the pool is outdoors and surrounded by corn fields instead of more hotels. This is an old style 2 story Hampton that has just been totally remodeled. The rooms and breakfast area was very nice and the lady working the breakfast was more like a waittress than an attendant-very friendly and quick to wait on you. This hotel is about 5 miles straight down the road from the other Hampton and you have to watch to turn before you get to it because there is construction on the road in front of the hotel.I stayed using Honors points but would definitely return here even if I had paid full price. There was not a refrigerator in our room but not a problem as we had a cooler and only there one night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed July 3, 2011

The staff and manager were helpful and very nice. The room was nice and clean. Wide selection for breakfast. Great hotel for the price. I am very picky about my hotels and I will stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
NY
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I booked this room a week in advance through AAA. I learned a valuable lesson about AAA. They guarantee low rates but not your preference to a room. I booked a king non smoking with a whirlpool bath. When I got there, I was told they only had 2 full beds. I was pretty irate but the staff put up with me and explained that AAA books threw Expedia in blocks and that there is a preference but not a guaranteed room. The manager had a king for us the next day and gave us a gift certificate to one of the best restaurants in town. I would book here again but I'll be calling to verify next time.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My wife and I been travling all night. Almost home to Mayfield but feeling very sleepy. We have stayed at this hotel 2 times in the past This was our third and final time. Wife told clerk that we were very tired. Need quiet. The clerk said, no problem, but they had people installing new carpet. But she will put us here on the first floor and nobody will be above us. (WRONG) As we fell alseep the pounding started above us. She forgot to tell us the carpet layers would be above us. ALL DAY NON STOP. Its 5:31pm and still noisy. Barely any sleep all day. I mean really, lie str8 to our face to make a sale. REALLY? Its ok, We are going to get up and just head the rest of the way home. I guess a repeat customers is not a priority at this hotel. A few miles up the road is a Hampton Inn. We should have stayed there after we were told about carpet people. Who woulda guessed it. It is a very nice hotel here. Obvious the staff will lie to you to make a sale. I travel and stay at to many Hamptons to be treated this way. If you decide to stay here, just keep an open mind if you check in with the morning shift clerks. ASSUME , they are going to lie to you. Very frustrated.
J. Smith

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Millbury, Ohio
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Sadly, this hotel is one of the best options in Sandusky for a clean, safe hotel, yet the property itself is very dated. I chose this location based upon TripAdvisor reviews, and, as promised, the hotel is very clean and the staff is excellent. I even had a hand-written welcoome note from the housekeeper waiting for me on the night stand.

The linens are new and the breakfast area and check-in desk have been updated to Hampton Inn standards, but the rooms themselves are very small and the bathroom vanity and shower look like they are out of a Motel 6, not a Hampton Inn. Still, the room featured a new 32" LCD TV and all of the amenities you would expect from Hampton.

This hotel is one of the best options in the Sandusky area, which is in dire need of a few new, clean mid-scale hotels.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
South Beach Resort Hotel
The Island House Hotel
#3 of 17 in Port Clinton
Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan
Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South? Share your experiences!