“Uncooperative employees”

Days Inn Milan/Cedar Point South
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Milan
“Uncooperative employees”
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Room was fine, clean and comfortable. The rate was ok for our thurs, fri stay but by saturday the rate almost tripled. We were told ahead of time we'd be able to cancel If we didn't need the room Saturday night, but when we went to cancel 24 hrs ahead of time, we were given nothing but trouble! They were very unpleasant about it, and not cooperative at all.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The hotel is exceptional. All my needs were accommodated and the ownership is excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed in this hotel due to it's vicinity to Cedar Point. The staff did not think it necessary to call ahead and let us know that they were going to be roofing, and the work would be done right outside of our room. When we asked for a room on the other side of the "hotel", the front desk person stated that there were no other rooms available, although ours was one of three cars in the parking lot at 3 p.m.

There were holes, hair, and stains in the sheets, a bug crawling on the wall, stains on the floor/carpeting, and a hair tie on the couch. Also, there were holes and cracks in the drywall. Nasty, nasty, nasty! We were excited about the indoor pool, only to find police tape around the steps, prompting us NOT to go in.

Since we booked through hotels.com, a refund was out of the question.

DO NOT STAY HERE. No matter how convenient you may think it is, or the low prices. (It's priced that low because of the condition.)

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kelly L

Travelers are raving about these Milan hotels

Culpeper, VA
Reviewed May 29, 2012

At around 0620 on Tuesday, the 29th of May, I stopped at the Days Inn Milan/Cedar Point, Ohio, with my service dog and requested a room. The two women at the front desk demanded that I show "papers" for my dog, who was wearing a mobility harness that was clearly marked.

I explained that under the Americans With Disabilities Act, they could not demand "papers". They repeated the demand. Growing frustrated, I again explained that they were violating federal law. They repeated the demand for "papers". I left and went to another hotel. And then I filed a complaint with the Department of Justice.

Stay far away from these jokers.

Room Tip: Stay at the Super8 instead.
Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank AndreaCulpeper_VA
Huron, Ohio
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed in at this hotel for 2 weeks, its clean, updates, great breakfast, very friendly staff. I just moved into this area, stayed there till I found the apartment, the staff helped me to look for an apartment and local activities. I was a little hesitant to live here initially because of the pictures shown in the review but glad that they have updated pretty much everything starting from bed, and the room layout and everything. I think its worth your money. (I am talking about the recent stay in april 2012). Hope this review helps someone like me to judge from reviews. 

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Centerport, New York
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Excellent hotel for the price. $44 for a double room with AAA discount. Free continental breakfast and pool. All the staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Lazelod
Cleves, Ohio
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Room was clean in all respects. Breakfast was decent and the staff were helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
Super 8 Milan/Sandusky Area
Sleep Inn
#7 of 35 in Sandusky
Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan
Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky

Been to Days Inn Milan/Cedar Point South? Share your experiences!