“Pleasent place to stay”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Milan
Norwalk, Ohio
“Pleasent place to stay”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We had reserved the Party Room for my sons first birthday and it worked out wonderful. Very helpful staff and the room was excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cmeggitt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Brand new beds,clean carpets,decent variety for breakfast all in all I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2011
Shelby
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I ignored the bad reviews and booked a jacuzzi king suite for my husband and I for our anniversary, on the 4 1/2 hour drive down, the hotel called and said the jacuzzi was broke, asked if we would mind the other king suite with out the jacuzzi for the night, and we could move to our room for our second night...sure I said, whatever. Mind you, they offered for me to cancel our reservation....but I didn't. We got to the hotel, checked in and went to their king kitchenette suite. FILTHY!!! There were stains on the sheets, it stunk really bad, and the kitchenette had nasty food all over in the fridge along with a whole bunch of black MOLD!!!! We went right to the front desk and explained to the fat little guy at the desk that we were checking out bc of the filth. he got very angry, telling me that was fine he would cancel but money would not b on my card for 3 business days...even though we we'd only there for 5 min. he demanded we show him the filth, so I did!!! He said he was unaware of the mold, but still would help us get our money back so we could find another place to stay. my husband said he thought the guy was gonna shove me because he was so angry. Least to say, we went down the road to the Red Roof Inn and so far our trip has been great. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL...YOU WILL REGRET IT. I STILL HAVE NO REFUND.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank mclouthcrm

Travelers are raving about these Milan hotels

Roseville, Michigan
Reviewed August 4, 2011

As soon as I seen the railroad tracks directly behind the motel I know we were in trouble. There was also a factory across the street that was spewing a burnt rubber smell and the motel was permeated with it. The beds were very uncomfortable, the room and bathroom were very small and the carpet looked & felt dirty. The only saving grace at this motel was the indoor pool & hot tub. We will NEVER stay there again!!

Room Tip: Believe the reviews you read!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank unsatisfied2011020
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband and I took our 3 children on a trip to Ohio to visit a zoo there. I booked the Days Inn because of the value, but I should have read the reviews. When we arrived there was a foul smell throughout the hotel. I had booked this room online and it said that it would accommodate 5 people. When we opened the door we saw two full size beds, which was not enough space for 5 of us. We called down to get a roll out bed, and they told us that they were out. They then suggested that they could bring us extra blankets and someone could sleep on the floor!!! I was outraged! I went down to speak with them and all they kept saying was "No Refund", I told them I didn't want a refund I only wanted to be accommodated!. The staff was so rude to us, and I was starting to get nervous about where we were going to sleep. We called Days Inn corporate which was a JOKE! They had no interest in helping us and a week later have still not gotten back with us. We left that hotel immediately and booked a room at the Comfort Inn, which was fabulous! I spent money on services I did not get, and that is stealing!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JChaney
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here for a week trip to cedar point for a birthday. It was nicer than the hotel we stayed in overnight on the way there. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite which was nice for the price. We would have stayed at cedar point but friends swayed us after they did and ended up paying a lot for just a weekend stay. We could have done without the railroad track right next to the hotel and the crappy wifi, but we've enjoyed our stay here for a decent price.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank amrest
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed July 15, 2011

dirty,dirty,dirty!
stains in couch,peeling paint,hot rooms,couldn't understand the people at the front desk,over priced.wifi did not work,when we complained we were told too many people were on at the time.We tried the wifi at 8:00 pm and at 6:00 am. Never got on.
When we complained the front desk person couldn't have cared less.
Such a waste of time and money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank horrorpops
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
Super 8 Milan/Sandusky Area
Sleep Inn
#7 of 35 in Sandusky
Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan
Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky

Been to Days Inn Milan/Cedar Point South? Share your experiences!