“Great Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Middletown
Liberty, Kentucky
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

My family and I loved this place. Spacious clean rooms. Indoor/Outdoor pool that the kids loved. And there's even free meals included! There's a big hot breakfast and hot dinner. For the adults, there are even free cocktails. Free popcorn and soda for the kids as well. The price is a little more expensive than we usually opt for, but when you take into consideration the free meals, it really evens out. The location is also right in the middle of a host of shopping locations and restaurants (if you choose to go out to eat). I highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Slough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed for three days in early May 2014. I was looking forward to all the extra amenities offered. The staff was extremely conscientious to observe all corporate rules no matter what the request. Example: I had traveled for many hours arriving 10 minutes after the complimentary evening food and beverage presentation. I was exhausted, tired, and hungry. I asked if there was anyway I might be afforded libation. The answer? "No" Even though there were many men in the hospitality area in their dirty work clothes with a cooler of beer on the floor and lots of empty beer cans and a few female workers talking to the men, I was told that it was against corporate rules to accommodate my request. Two nights later, I arrived at 11 pm after working 16 hours and was in physical pain by the time I arrived back to the hotel. I hobbled in and requested to be able to use the hot tub for 15 minutes to relieve some symptoms even though it was after hours. Again, the answer was "No". This IS the corporate regulations for the hotel and the staff was following orders. I guess I wanted the hotel staff to go above and beyond for me. I wanted them to take care of me. I wanted to feel like they cared about me and not the rules. I wanted them to make me feel like they "got it". They didn't. They did everything correctly and I will most probably never stay here again. They didn't do anything wrong. They just didn't really do anything on my behalf. I thought the higher price might afford higher service, but I was wrong. The staff seemed much more interested in the massive amount of laborers staying there than me. They bent the rules for the coolers of beer, but wouldn't let me have a glass of wine. The rooms were pretty basic. Clean. Not worth the extra expense.

Room Tip: Stay in the hotel across the street
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank fraupatterson
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at this Drury Inn on April 4th on our way home from Florida. I must say, this being only our 2nd stay at a Drury Inn, (we stayed at Drury in Marietta, GA on April 3rd) that we are hooked. The hotel is immaculate and location is great, right off I-75. From the minute we entered the lobby, we were immediately greeted by the most friendly Front Desk staff. Laloiua and Ashley made my day after a long day on the highway. They were absolutely amazing. Then, when we went for our dinner, we had the great experience of meeting Gary, the Bartender. He was so kind and friendly, told us a couple of jokes, and we felt that we had known him for years. All in all, the staff are outstanding and you should be very proud of them. The accommodations were great ... very clean and comfortable. All the freebies are great ... dinner, 3 cocktails each and breakfast ... what more could you ask for. We will definitely stay at Drury again when we travel back and forth to Florida. Thanks to the wonderful staff for making our stay at this Drury a fun experience!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed here for a night when we were in town. This is a very nice hotel, clean and well decorated. Our room was a double queen with a super big bathroom. We thought the shower was awesome. It had a microwave and fridge in it. An indoor pool and hot tub were available. The free breakfast was good with a large selection of breakfast foods and drinks. They also offer 5 o'clock kickback which is free dinner type meals....awesome. The staff was very friendly and concerned that our stay was going well! We would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Any rooms would be great!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Frankfort, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Drury Inn in Middletown Ohio is by far THE best I have stayed at. it was a blizzard out side and we were told that we could stay pass check out if the weather got worse at no extra charge, this is the only hotel I have ever stayed in that was above all standards, I wont stay anywhere else when I travel.

Room Tip: the suite is the only way to go!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank bjhodges4
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We absolutely love this hotel. It is very clean and up to date. The staff is very helpful and extremely polite ! The additional touches this hotel offers is why it really exceeded our expectations. They offer a great breakfast and dinner bar with evening snacks and drinks. All included in your stay wow !! Actual hot food not just donuts or a piece of bread in plastic bags like most places. A very nice indoor outdoor pool area with hot tub, towels included. WiFi included not additional fees. Definitely worth the cost which is very close to its competition but the difference is I actually feel I got my money worth ! We have stayed at most of the hotels within 20 miles of this area. This is hands down by far top of the list ! Love love love Drury Inn ! A++++

Room Tip: 4 teen girls and I stayed in a double queen suit. A fold out full size bed is in the Livingroom. Def...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed one night on our way to Nashville. Very nice hotel, clean, spacious lobby and the nicest lady (Weezie) behind the front desk. The room was very clean and inviting. The bathroom was modern and had a wonderful shower. The breakfast in the morning was your usual breakfast buffet fare, but provided a good start to the day. The only negative was the flashing $74.95 sign out front that originally lured me in that ended up at $117.00 after a AAA rate was applied!!!! That's not right.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank djf52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Comfort Inn Monroe
Comfort Inn Monroe
#2 of 4 in Monroe

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin? Share your experiences!