“Leisure Travel”

Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My husband an I traveled through Ohio and one of our over night stays was at the Drury Inn & Suites. The facility was very well maintained and we really enjoyed the free evening snack and breakfast. We noticed that this attracks the travelers with oung children. Some downside for us was that the window in our room was smaller than other hotels, the hotel only had 1 elevator that we had to share with housekeeping and thier cleaning carts and the pool was a bit small or maybe that's because a lot of people were in it. Overall all it's a nice family friendly environment.

Room Tip: Family Friendly
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin

Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is only our second stay at a Drury Inn, but we'll definitely try to stay here whenever possible. The room is great. Very nicely decorated. Room had a recliner and desk, microwave and fridge. Great flat screen t.v. Everything looked new. Free long distance calls, including limited calls to Canada and (I think) Mexico -- forgot. Nice bathroom. Pet friendly with no pet fee. Nice places to walk your dog. Restaurants within walking distance. They have a Happy Hour where you can get two or three free adult beverages and not just limited to beer and wine, and hot and cold food. That may vary because of state laws. The night we were there they had chicken tenders, soup, salad mac & cheese, nachos, veggies, hot dogs and more. Free popcorn and soda in the lobby from 3 to 10:00 p.m. Breakfast was eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, and usual cereals, breads, muffins, etc. All staff very friendly and smiling. Steven checked us in and out. He's a great asset to Drury Inn. Very pleasant and smiling. Of all the places sw've stayed on this trip (12), this was the best value!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank UsTwoCO
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I recently had the opportunity to stay here again while visiting my daughter for her sorority's Mom's weekend. I specifically chose Drury again due to the great experience I had during my previous stay. The first night, Friday, was fine...check in smooth, room was nice (though not as nice as the room I had the last time). Saturday night, however, was a whole other story. I arrived back at the hotel around 10:00 p.m. after spending the day on the Miami campus. You could tell the hotel was extremely busy, people everywhere! Upon entering my room and up until around 2:00 in the morning, I had to deal with noise, noise, noise! The room next to me, which I think must have been unoccupied Friday night, now contained a very loud group of people who blasted music until the wee hours of the morning. On top of that, there were young children running up and down the hallway for hours, screaming and yelling, until at least 1:00 in the morning. I know their parents were aware, since I could here them laughing and talking in the hall as well. Needless to say, I did not get much sleep that night.

Obviously, the hotel is not to blame for the behavior of it's guests, and I could have called the front desk to complain, but chose not to. I just wanted to let other potential guests know that this could possibly happen to them as well, especially on a weekend.

I am scheduled to stay here again on 5/5 to pick up my daughter and move her back home for the summer. Here's hoping this stay is better! I still would highly recommend this hotel, with a word of caution if staying on a weekend.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MUMom11
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the issues that prevented you from receiving a restful night of sleep. We do our best to monitor and keep the noise level in the hotel down. Feedback and calls from our guests are greatly appreciated, as it helps us to ensure quiet and comfort for all patrons. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. This will help us to streamline our efforts to monitor and reduce the noise levels in the hotel. At any time while you are our guest we encourage your call the front desk. We take all concerns very seriously and will work diligently to resolve any issues that may arise. Again thank you for your comments and thank you for choosing Drury.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

Child goes to college in a nearby university (about 20 miles away). We happened upon this our first time in the area. We decided that we had found a great "home away from home." The secret is now out. It is very busy..Great for business. Unfortunately, I am disturbed that the last two times people have decided to move from the pool directly to the location of the food for happy hour and breakfast. In Pennsylvania people can not be shirtless and shoeless where food is served. I did not take too kindly waiting in a 15 minute line beside someone who was dripping wet. I lost my appetite when I had to look at his uncovered beer belly and his nasty feet...........without shoes. Come on Drury...........put an end to this. Just institute a rule and enforce it...................diners must have dry clothes and must have shoes and shirts while in the area for food. If this is not fixed, you are going to lose at least this once very loyal customer

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank deuce_10
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We recently returned from a road trip to Florida. This was by far the best hotel we stayed at. From the moment we made the reservation till we checked out, everything went smoothly. The room was perfect, the kick back dinner was a bonus, plus they are "pet friendly". We certainly enjoyed our stay and will be sure to look for Drury Inns on our next road trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 99Happy
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Our first stay in a Drury Inn. We have traveled extensively and stayed in many hotels.
Very, Very impressed with the Middletown Drury Inn. My sister lives in Franklin and suggested the Drury after we had stayed many times at the Fairfield by Marriott.
We were worried about noise, our room was located 3rd floor across from ice & pop machines, along with elevator traffic. But even with outside traffic noise... Nothing.. we were so surprised. Our room was comfortable and clean. Check in and checkout was a breeze. We were so impressed, we have already made another reservation for next month.
The only suggestion I would make is a few more Handicapped parking spots and a designated area for owners to walk their pets like they have at rest areas on the interstates.
Thanks Drury.. for a good nights sleep!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank grandma2wyatt
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We recently stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites over the Thanksgiving Holiday, Wed - Sun. The whole family was in town. There are 4 of us in our immediate family which includes 2 young children. And my sisters family of 5 which includes 3 toddlers. We had a wonderful time! The free breakfast every morning was outstanding and the dinning area was impeccable. And, between 5-7pm they have free appetizers with beverages. Free popcorn & soda is available between 3-10pm. There was a minor mix up with the reservations, and the staff was very accommodating & apologetic in resolving the issue. The front desk even called our room after we were settled in to make sure everything was satisfactory. The pool area was clean and tidy with plenty of clean towels available. The water was a little chilly probably due to it being an indoor/outdoor pool with 1/2 of the pool outside & it was in the 20's out. A very family friendly & oriented place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank wrtala
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 9 in Franklin
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin? Share your experiences!