“Gem of a restaurant hidden in downtown Middletown was excellent.”

Stained 1054 Bistro
Ranked #31 of 91 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We were very impressed with this place. The beer/wine list was impressive with unique and great options. The appetiser and salad selections were very creative.We loved the potato chip,balsamic vinegar and gorgonzola appetiser. We visit Middletown once a year for a hot air balloon event. Over 18 of us will return again.

1  Thank rayslane

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Stained 1054 Bistro is located in the same building as a vendor that sells stained glass windows, hence the name. The place was very clean and decorated quite nicely, quite a few stained glass windows. My wife and I shared the Gorgonzola chips. They were the best that I've had anywhere. I had a burger and my wife had crab cakes. Both were very good. Overall, a pleasant surprise. We'll be back, I'm sure!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stained is in a distressed part of Middletown but attempting to make a comeback. The interior of the restaurant is very impressive. Roomy and unique- the menu is the same. I had the pork schnitzel and my wife had blackened tilapia. Both were really good and cooked perfectly. The bar is amazing too. It is small but really cool and impressive.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

First the food---- great sandwich (roast beef with au jus), friend had a great burger, MUSTARD- not too hot, not too sweet. Next time will try something different- under protest in my mind.. Best part of whole deal:::: Downtown Middletown- A true diamond in the rough.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I think in a few months this will be a 5-star for me. Had lunch there, and the food was good (quesadilla). Portions were OK for the quesadilla (tortilla was a little on the small side with not much carnitas inside), but my fellow diners had great sandwiches, I noticed. Coffee and dessert were very generous and delicious. Pricing was fair for the food. The chef is from the Red Onion, so I think the food is still in its infancy stage (and yet it's good). I think it will get MUCH better.

The ambiance was SPECTACULAR! I want to come back at night just to see the place lit up.

Definite improvement needed in staff. We arrived at 1:00 and waited for five minutes. No hostess. Nor could we spot a waiter/waitress to flag down. Finally I walked to the kitchen and asked if we were supposed to seat ourselves. Lots of socializing back there going on. The hostess vaguely pointed in the general direction of a table and told me I could sit there while she ran for menus.

The staff situation improved with our waitress (ask for Alicia!) She was fast, knew her menu, and knew how to sell us on the dessert!

Will definately be back soon. I think this place is going to be great once the baby steps are over

1  Thank Logan222