“Horrible, i see it closing in a month.”
Review of @ the Square

Cuisines: American
Description: next to Governor's Square
Description: next to Governor's Square
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I purchased a Groupon for @ the square. Found a few menus online and i was excited. The options looked great. However when we got there the food was horrid. A lot of places have free bread, they give you pathetic slices of sandwich bread that have been sliced and toasted. Hummus plate was sub par at best, you can get better from Kroger than what they say is homemade there. My chicken hoagie was sloppy and tasted terrible, on top of that I found a huge bone on my second bite, could have choked! The mac-n-cheese meatloaf sandwich was cold, old and dry. The sign out front says Fine Dining, however they are not even close, even for Middletown. If you want fine dining this is not the place for you. I am by no means a food snob, i work fast food and have my midnight taco bell runs like everyone else but when a restaurant says they are fine dining, that is what I expect, not the trash they serve there. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

4  Thank Kelcie H

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Menu is limited but food was great. My wife had a Shepherd's pie & I had a Muffuletta. Entrees are very reasonably priced. Beer is also priced reasonably. We both thoroughly enjoyed the food & service. It was our first but not last time.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

So thrilled with this addition to the up and coming downtown Middletown. The atmosphere is very relaxing, the service great. And the food----- beautiful presentation-- and the taste beat the presentation. You get more than you pay for here. This was my first visit for a full meal. My friend had the stuffed pepper, and I had the fettuccine alfredo. Both were sooo good. I would order both again, but would hate to miss other items. The salads coming out of the kitchen looked amazing. I commented to my boyfriend that @ the Square is the kind of place I would like to visit weekly!

1  Thank jane s