“Worst Steak N Shake ever”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #63 of 91 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We sat for an hour before we got our food. The place was busy when we got there but we got a table after 5 minutes or so. However, it cleared out after that yet we still never got our food. The manager just shrugged and said they were busy and had no answer when I pointed out that the place was half full yet we were still waiting. Not only that but our meals were cold when we finally got them. We usually seek out Steak N Shake when we're traveling because its fairly quick and our kids like it but this time it really hampered our day because it took so long.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Love the concept - old diner with great burgers and fries. But the food just doesn't live up to the hype. Tried the chili here - it was downright awful. Watery and weak-tasting. Burgers are over-rated. Shakes are ok but a kid-size is all I can tolerate. I take my grandchildren here but the taste level is that of a child, not someone with a grown-up taste palate...

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Milk shake was the best thing ordered, french fries were old so they were not freshly cooked and the burger was soggy.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

The food was oday but it was a little slow... Waitress was very sweet and she tried really hard to get things done but they has more customers than help... But I would try it again like I said just a slow night ;)

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our first visit. They do not have these where I live. Steak burgers were great. Got a milkshake too. Very good. Friendly staff.