“Very nice hotel”

Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Our son reserved 4 rooms for family, 2 king suites and 2 king rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Perhaps they could put 4 coffee cups in the room incase you choose not to reuse your cup but otherwise it was very nice. There were some loud young attended guests across the hall but the manager was right up there promptly and settled the matter and there was no more noise from them. We think she did a wonderful job. We would defintely stay there again. We thought the breakfast was very good and they kept it well stocked during the breakfast hour. We had a nice visit to Middletown, Ohio.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank roxwort

Reviewed March 31, 2010

Stayed here while attending Mom's Weekend for my Daughter at Miami U of Ohio. Booked two nights, but after seeing that there was a Drury Inn across the street, stayed there second night. This Fairfield was cheaply constructed, not well kept, no refrigerator, Ice machine on 1st floor only, room a little smelly and worn. The worse thing was the wall unit heating and cooling. Loud, dirty and hard to regulate. The bed was not that comfortable either. Drury Inn was 100X better!!! Nicer, cleaner and had much more class to the the service and rooms. If you must stay here, it's not horrible, but compared to many other hotels, this was just barely ok.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank tdk0780
Reviewed April 18, 2009

Finding the hotel was easy enough, upon walking in the doors though, I was shocked to see a young lady behind the counter dressed in a tight halter top, with a bare back. I have stayed in enough Marriott hotels and I can't imagine that what this desk clerk was wearing WAS NOT any kind of a uniform. With my young teenage boys in tow, I did not appreciate the impression it has left them with. I do intend to contact corporate over this. We will NOT stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank barbarbrann
Reviewed March 31, 2009

I have been coming here for years ,and all i have to say is this hotel has really went downhill from my previous stays in the past ....The breakfast is a insult of all things .....When I arrived in the lobby the bananas were greener than the grass in my backyard!
Another thing there was no fresh apples ,and the bread was hard with a strange oder.....The coffee excellent I can say ,but the juice machine was louder than a jet and could'nt talk to my family as much because of the noise,they had gallons of milk in the little fridge instead of cartons which to me is tacky and a health issue .
The staff was excellent they both were dolls and did their jobs well .but cannot say the same with management . I do believe things need to be changed because I do visit here often and if I experience this again I will not be back .

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank mich890
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I stayed here for one night just passing through town, and it was a nice stay. Front desk check-in was quick and friendly staff, too. The rooms were really clean and comfortable, although my only complaint would be that the resting temp. in the room was a little on the cool side for me, but nothing that leaving the heater running couldn't fix. The next morning I took advantage of their continental breakfast, and it was great, including the belgian waffles. Their breakfast area is really something! Fancier than most places that I've been it, it was kind of a treat to sit there and enjoy my breakfast rather than taking my food into my room. Also, the hotel is right next door to Olive Garden, and across the street from Cracker Barrel, so I didn't have to go far to get food

Overall I had a nice stay, and will definitely keep it in mind the next time I'm through here.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank LSongbird
Reviewed May 23, 2008

The hotel was just OK. The staff was friendly (maybe a little too friendly at times), the room was clean, and the breakfast was good. The one problem we ran into was the room above us was incredibly noisy. At 12 am I had to call down to the front desk to complain about the noise. I am almost certain the friendly night clerk did nothing about this because the noise never went away and it was very difficult to fall and stay asleep. Once again we notified the hotel clerk as we checked out. She seemed mildly apologetic, at best. It was also difficult to maintain a cool but comfortable temperature in the room. My suggestion would be to spend $10 extra dollars and stay at the Holiday Inn Express. My stay there was much better several months prior.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank brooksey12
Reviewed April 22, 2008

This was probably my 12th stay at this hotel and I would definitely stay again. the staff is always helpful, room always clean and generally a very quiet stay. Like others have said in their reviews, the staff is at times away from the front desk, but there is typically a sign on the desk stating that they had to step away. the continental breakfast is not the greatest - just ok - but there is always coffee on. my car has never been broken into, but I don't leave items in it nor do I park where the car isn't easily seen. There are several chain restaurants (Olive Garden, Applebees, Wendy's, Steak n' Shake, Bob Evans and a few others) within walking distance. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
#7 of 9 in Franklin
Holiday Inn Express Fairfield
WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Fairfield
Hampton Inn Suites Springboro

Been to Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe? Share your experiences!