“Nice Stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Middletown
Petoskey, Michigan
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I stayed here for one night just passing through town, and it was a nice stay. Front desk check-in was quick and friendly staff, too. The rooms were really clean and comfortable, although my only complaint would be that the resting temp. in the room was a little on the cool side for me, but nothing that leaving the heater running couldn't fix. The next morning I took advantage of their continental breakfast, and it was great, including the belgian waffles. Their breakfast area is really something! Fancier than most places that I've been it, it was kind of a treat to sit there and enjoy my breakfast rather than taking my food into my room. Also, the hotel is right next door to Olive Garden, and across the street from Cracker Barrel, so I didn't have to go far to get food

Overall I had a nice stay, and will definitely keep it in mind the next time I'm through here.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank LSongbird

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed May 23, 2008

The hotel was just OK. The staff was friendly (maybe a little too friendly at times), the room was clean, and the breakfast was good. The one problem we ran into was the room above us was incredibly noisy. At 12 am I had to call down to the front desk to complain about the noise. I am almost certain the friendly night clerk did nothing about this because the noise never went away and it was very difficult to fall and stay asleep. Once again we notified the hotel clerk as we checked out. She seemed mildly apologetic, at best. It was also difficult to maintain a cool but comfortable temperature in the room. My suggestion would be to spend $10 extra dollars and stay at the Holiday Inn Express. My stay there was much better several months prior.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank brooksey12

Travelers are raving about these Middletown hotels

Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 22, 2008

This was probably my 12th stay at this hotel and I would definitely stay again. the staff is always helpful, room always clean and generally a very quiet stay. Like others have said in their reviews, the staff is at times away from the front desk, but there is typically a sign on the desk stating that they had to step away. the continental breakfast is not the greatest - just ok - but there is always coffee on. my car has never been broken into, but I don't leave items in it nor do I park where the car isn't easily seen. There are several chain restaurants (Olive Garden, Applebees, Wendy's, Steak n' Shake, Bob Evans and a few others) within walking distance. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2008
Mendota, Virginia
Reviewed December 3, 2007

In advance, I reserved two side by side rooms. I requested ground level and side by side rooms, as I was traveling with two elderly sisters . I was assured that rooms 200 and 202 would be available, since they were close to an entrance.
When I arrived, I was informed that a VIP was arriving, and our ground level rooms was assigned to him, since one had a microwave and a refrigerator. We were given rooms on the third floor, and not side by side.
I informed the manager that this would not work and I would like to have what I was promised when I made the reservations ahead of time. There was no apology . After some discussion, she did move several reservations around and we was given the rooms we requested. In the meantime, my sisters had to remain, in the cold, in the car for over half an hour.
In all fairness, the rooms are nice and clean. I had used this hotel three times before. It is the managment that needs to be replaced.
This was a personal trip. What they did not know was my wife owns a successful business. We will never use this hotel again and never any Marriott hotel. We will use Hampton Inns.
While staying at this motel, we was also warned by another visitor that this is not a safe place to stay. Many cars are constantly broken into.
Save yourself the troubles and extra high blood pressure meds. and stay somewhere else.
I am now going to call their corporate headquarters and vent, but as you probably guessed, I am not a VIP and my voice will not be heard!

4 Thank c1drafly1
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn Middletown, OH in early September 2007. The room was clean, well maintained, and no issues. The staff was friendly. Would definately stay here again. Breakfast was average at best. It was a good place to stop on I-75.

• Stayed September 2007
1 Thank drummerhill
new england
Reviewed August 7, 2007

The room was spacious and the breakfast was great. However, the front desk was unattended on more than one occasion. Our room had not been thoroughly cleaned when we arrived. Clothes had been left in the dresser drawers and the bathroom was not clean. Our room key failed repeatedly and we had to wait in the hall for several minutes on two occasions while the manager attempted to open our door.

• Stayed November 2006
1 Thank roadtrip65
Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2007

On Dec 28 4 of us spend the night. When we came to our car we from that it had been broken into. After speaking to police we were told that we were the 11th car in 5 months.
If you stay here dump your cars or keep looking for a better place to stay

• Liked — The beds
  • Disliked — Car was broken into and we lost $4000 worth of personal items
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stop in Middletown
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
1 Thank katt89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin
#2 of 4 in Monroe
Days Inn Middletown
Days Inn Middletown
#6 of 9 in Franklin

Been to Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe? Share your experiences!