“Nice hotel”

Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Have stayed here several times when in town. Nice clean quiet hotel. Rooms are comfortable. Staff is always friendly. Several restaurants and chain stores nearby which is convenient. Easy access off of the highway.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Buckeyetraveler01
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe

Reviewed March 5, 2013

In moving the USTA Regionals from Ft Wayne, IN to Trenton, OH for the 2013 season and possibly years to follow, I was asked by the USTA group that plans "Regionals" to please get a group rate from Fairfield Inn since it was a choice hotel for our group and because of their wonderful hospitality and great accomodations to our group in the past. However, when I inquired on getting us a group rate or special rate, I was told that since we are a large group, that they will not be giving us any special rate and that they will fill up their hotel without us. I was sure I misunderstood but I was told the same again! I was floored by the comment and the lack of respect for our group and the business that we would be bringing to their hotel and possibly years to follow. I was concerned enough by the comment that I wanted anyone from our group to know the resons why we were not posting the link to our closest Fairfield Inn and that we tried to get a group rate for our event.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rebecca K
MiddletownHI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing these issues to our attention. My sincere apologies for the difficulty you experienced. I have addressed these issues with staff and implemented steps to ensure situations like these don’t happen again.
We offer a group rate if the rooms are available, due to the property size rooms are limited. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. Please call or email me directly as I would like to personally assist you with your inquiry.

513-424-5444, email middletownff@tmihospitality.com

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is only a review regarding initial service. We did not even get a chance to make it to the hotel because service was THAT BAD!. When reserving from a block of rooms, the reservations rep was rude and quite ridiculous with her attitude and would not work with us. To top things off, their manager called back to just reiterate how they were not going to work with our group. Their manager set up one rate with our director and then turned around and would only give the maximum base rate. Poor service, poor attitude, poor hotel choice. I highly recommend other neighboring hotels over this one any day. Stay at your own risk and wallet!!!!

Room Tip: Poor service, poor attitude, poor hotel choice. I highly recommend other neighboring hotels over th...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Joshua F
MiddletownHI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent experience with our hotel. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
Dealing with a discrepancy can be a rather frustrating experience, I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. I reviewed this matter thoroughly one more time and we do not have any record or any contracts for a block of rooms for your group at that specific rate. Every time we have a group coming in we are providing a group contract with all the details for the person blocking the block of rooms and also for the property. As I mentioned over the phone, we do not have a record of that, however we would’ve been more than happy to provide the rooms for your group at a different rate.

In order to avoid similar problems and confusion in the future, it's essential to obtain a group contract and call at least 30 days prior to arrival to confirm all your reservations.

We look forward to serving you in the near future.
Thank you !

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel a few nights ago. As we arrived late, we did not have an opportunity to use the pool and hot tub, which looked very nice. The girl at the front desk was pleasant and accommodating, and our room was clean. The beds and bedding were very comfortable, and the wifi worked well.
When we went to our room, it was very cold as the A/C was on. We immediately turned on the heat and it ran steadily till we went to bed. After we went to bed, the heat kept cutting in and out every 5 to 6 minutes, and when it came on at the second level it sounded like a train going through our room. We felt there was no use in calling the front desk, as no one from maintenance would be there at midnight. I guess we could have called down to ask to change rooms, but because we heard the same noise in the room next to us (or below us) we figured they were all the same. We had driven for 16 hours to get there that day, and just wanted a good night's sleep. Needless to say, we hardly slept at all. It is too bad that this was an issue as everything else at the hotel was fine.
The lady looking after breakfast was very efficient and pleasant, and the breakfast was fine.
We were in Room 320, so if you stay there, it might be best to avoid this room. We reported it to the front desk in the morning, so hopefully the problem will be fixed soon.
We would consider staying here again, but would make sure the heat/AC is not so noisy and doesn't keep turning on and off every few minutes.

Room Tip: Check to make sure the heat/AC unit is not noisy and cutting in and out every few minutes.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tbear7
MiddletownHI_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to everyone at a reasonable price. Please accept my sincere apology in regards to air conditioner in your room. I want to assure you that the unit was serviced and is now working great. I regret that you did not contact the front desk agent to request a different room; as the other units are working just fine. Once again, please accept my apology for any inconvenience. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Its an older Fairfield Inn without updated doors (not handicapped friendly). It is located near I-75 and in a shopping center area (across from Lowe's & next to Olive Garden). Although it is a non-smoking hotel the smoking area is right at the front door. I arrived to 3 men smoking at the front door, I waited till they were finished and left before I got out of my car, didn't wish to walk through field of smoke to enter hotel. Hotel staff was friendly and room was clean. The wifi worked well in the hotel room but outlets were hard to find unless you are at the desk in the room. The outlets by the bed were behind the mattress and box spring. They do have a morning breakfast that ends at 9am weekdays, it was ok but not a large variety of choices and cereal in the dispenser that you have to guess what it is.

The hotel does NOT have a fitness center (offered me a gym about 5 miles from the hotel), as a female business traveler I am not into getting up in the morning and driving to a local gym to workout before work and not knowing the area I don't feel safe running on local streets. They do have a swimming pool and hot tub. I'll blame myself for this selection because I don't know how I missed no fitness center and reviews previously provided. If I am back in the area, I will definitely not stay here again even if I have to drive for 30 mins to an hour to get to my job site. My room was a king suite (means king bed with refrig and small microwave) for $85 but not a lot of choices in the immediate area with good reviews.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MsMayvee
MiddletownHI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests, so thank you for complimenting on the cleanliness and friendliness of our hotel staff that plays a critical role for us. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Again, I want to apologize and thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I booked a room as a suprise for my husband for our anniversary.... Great place to stay!! Very clean and well kept. The pool and hot tub was excellent and very clean. Beds are very comfortable.
I have not one complaint with this facility. I checked in with Denny at the front desk and he was over the top friendly with great customer service and deserves a pat on the back.... Our stay there was A to Z with no complaints. We will recommend Fairfield Inn and will stay with them in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just a heads up. We got our car broken into in the parking lot. Granted it was a Honda CRV, which can be targets, but the far part of the lot is not well lighted and the "security" cameras don't cover it. It is a newly renovated hotel and it is right near a "mall" area, but this really put a damper on our vacation. The hotel only offered miles for our inconvenience. Too bad.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ktowner209
MiddletownHI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

I want to again apologize for the issue you experienced while staying at our hotel. I want to reassure you that we have done everything in our control in efforts to help get this resolved along with the involvement of the local police. Guest security is of the utmost importance to us; please know that we have put several security measures in place to help prevent things like this from happening.
In addition to that, regardless of the area we always recommend to our guests when traveling not leaving valuable items like an IPad or GPS visible in the car overnight.
We hope that with our efforts to improve every stay for our guests, that you will consider us again, next time you find yourself in the area.
Veronica

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
Red Roof Inn & Suites Middletown/Franklin
Comfort Inn Monroe
Comfort Inn Monroe
#1 of 4 in Monroe

Been to Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe? Share your experiences!