“Nice stay, great location”

Holiday Inn Express Middletown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Middletown
PA
“Nice stay, great location”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

A few friends and I went to a conference in monroe ohio, and this was one of the conference hotels to choose from. I was initially nervous, and didn't know what to expect. We were glad we chose this hotel. The staff was friendly and rooms were clean. I was so glad to walk into a very clean bathroom. Our stay was very comfortable (not luxury but nice). Our location was great! We were surrounded by multiple restaurants and shopping centers (Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden, Applebees, Walmart, Target and many more). My only complaint would be that the pillows were way to soft (mushy). Overall we had a nice stay and I would return if I came back to the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kingston, Tennessee
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I stayed here in mid June 2010 for several days on a business trip to AK Steel. The hotel even offers a discounted rate for contractors there. Given the size of the facility, I would imagine a good percentage of business travelers might be doing the same. Its also very close to the facility, just a couple of miles away the south east entrance. Breakfast is served 6:30 to 9:30 and is good (bacon, eggs, sausage gravy, fruit, pastries, juice and milk). The pool is on the first floor inside, with a hot tub. they are open till midnight, with the last hour adults only. My room was clean, AC cold, good table with outlet for laptop charging. No fridge or microwave in room 223. Access is good from the parking lot from either end or the lobby in the middle. the local road is a little tricky, requiring you to around by turning off 122 and taking 3 lefts to get to the hotel. If you turn right out of the parking lot, you can't get back to 122 easily, just go back left around. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Louisville KY
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Staff was excellent at this well kept property. Inside pool clean and inviting. Rate of $81 for two bed room was an excellent buy. This is 3 story hotel with elevator. There is considerable construction at this time on I-75 and access roads at this Middletown location but the congestion is managable. Cracker Barrel,Olive Garden,Lone Star, Wendy's very close to hotel. Kroger's grocery across street. Hotel breakfast from 6:30-9:30 was well stocked with good service. Front desk service is really excellent with caring helpful attitude. Coffee and tea available all day in breakfast area. This is not a new property but it is very clean and exceptionally managed. For shoppers the Cincy Premium 100 store outlet center is on I-75 at exit 29 at Monroe just a few miles from the hotel. Hotel Business center with free computer and printer working and convenient.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank karenfran
Illinois
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We stayed one night at this hotel. We were traveling with our 8 yr. old son. The hotel is close to a movie theater which was a plus. The hotel employees were friendly enough. The room was clean and the mattress and bedding were very comfy. The floors did squeak more than they should have but most noises were drowned out by the a/c in the room. We were able to get a good night's sleep without being awoken. Overall, it was a good value for the money. We would consider staying there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank jusmegste93
Detroit
Reviewed August 1, 2008

I chose this hotel for a one night stay because of its location on I-75 and relatively quick drive (about 12 miles) to King's Island amusement park. Had all the things I wanted for my 2 boys -- indoor pool, decent breakfast, and 2 large beds. Found the room clean, smoke-free. Chose the top, third floor. The evening was quiet. Desk staff was helpful when we were looking for a pizza place that would deliver. Convenient to restaurants, gas stations and supermarkets.
Only issue is that it's a little tricky getting to the place and back out to I-75. I had stayed here in April, so I knew my way around.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank Raymo A
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We stayed at this property 9/1/2007 - 9/3/2007. We had 2 rooms, each with 2 queen beds. Our rooms were adjoining. We used this as a place to sleep while we spent 2 days at Kings Island. This was not the closest Holiday Inn Express by any means, it was about a 20 minute drive from the park. We knew that going in, it did not bother us. We had a nice stay.

Pros:
*The beds were very, very comfortable, linens were clean and very soft (seemed to be a high thread count), 4 pillows on each bed and were labeled (two firm, two soft). Blanket had a sheet on the top and bottom covering the blanket entirely, plus the normal sheet and a fitted sheet.
*The hotel website photos are a very acurate representation of what the rooms look like. Modern furniture, looked as if the room was recently renovated.
*The room was exceptionally clean, except for one thing (see cons).
*Free breakfast in the morning.
*Nice clean (although very small) indoor pool and hot tub.
*Well lit parking lot.
*Plenty of restaurants close by, several within walking distance.
*Towels were very soft and bright white.
*Bathroom adequately stocked with shampoo, conditioner and a hairdryer.

Cons:
*Mold/mildew in grout around bathtub. The rest of the room was very clean. I saw no other issues. I took away one circle on the rating for this.
*Breakfast was over at 9:30. I think 10:00 would have been more appropriate but this is personal preference.

In summary, the pros outweighed the cons and I would stay here again. The grout looked like something that could be easily fixed by maintenance. If you are looking for a clean, well-appointed basic hotel/motel room this is a good choice.

FYI - This hotel is not a suite hotel - at least the two rooms we had were not suites. We did not have a refrigerator or microwave. I did see a refrigerator in the supply room, I bet you could ask for one.

• Liked — The beds were very comfortable. I slept very well here.
  • Disliked — The grout around the bathtub.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank 15mwaltrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin
Days Inn Middletown
Days Inn Middletown
#6 of 9 in Franklin
Red Roof Inn & Suites Middletown/Franklin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Middletown? Share your experiences!