“Solid HIX property off of I-75”

Holiday Inn Express Middletown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Middletown
Lexington, Kentucky
“Solid HIX property off of I-75”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a solid property located off of I75 in between Cincinatti and Dayton. The standard rooms are a little on the smaller side compared to the newer Holiday Inn Express locations but the normal amenities are still there. Comfy and clean bed, good breakfast, and a nice pool and hot tub area.
The location is also fantastic with several restaurants and shopping choices located within easy walking distance.
My only complaint with the property is the slower than average Wi Fi speed.

• Stayed August 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Wildcat1897,
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Middletown. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy a clean, comfortable bed and a good breakfast. I'm also glad to hear that our location was convenient for you. I do apologize if our Wi-Fi was slow. I hope you will remember us the next time you find yourself in Middletown.

Joe G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
georgia
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our family stayed here while stopping over to see some family. The positives: breakfast, location, good parking. The negative: smoke free room was definitely not smoke free, we could also hear the upstairs guests walking in their room. Definitely better than some places that we have stayed, but if only they would remedy the "smoke-free" room issue, then I would be able to give a higher rating.

Room Tip: Don't pick a downstairs room close to pool. I tend to think that these were previously smoking...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Targtr,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on the Holiday Inn Express. I apologize that your room smelled like smoke. I wish I would have known so that I could have moved you to another room. In the future please don't hesitate to let us know of any issue so that we can fix it right away. Please think of us the next time you find yourself in the Middletown area.

Joe G
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Although the hotel may be a little difficult to get to, I liked it due to the privacy and low noise levels. The staff was absolutely wonderful, and not only did they take care of us, but our girls as well. All of the facilities (pool, lobby, room, breakfast bar) was very clean and organized. The rate was competitive. Breakfast (free) was fantastic. The manager and employees took pride and it showed off. No complaints at all.

• Stayed March 2013
MiddletownHIE_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to wriet a review. We appreciate your encouragement, and look forward to serving you again!
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I were on the way to our grandson's graduation at Miami University. We stopped here as it was a hotel about half an hour from the University. It was right off of I 75. The room was meticulously clean, the staff extremely friendly and accommodating and the breakfast was excellent. We had a delicious and reasonable dinner at an Olive Garden which was within walking distance from the hotel. This was a great convenience as we arrived fairly late and were very tired and hungry. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for staying with us, and for your kind words! I will certainly pass your comments on to the staff, they love to hear what people think about their work. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights while traveling to the area for business. My room was very clean, comfortable, and allowed for a great nights sleep. What elevates this property above the others in the area is the manager (Joe I believe) and his staff. There was not one time that I passed an employee that didn't give me a smile and a hello. The manager checked on me and how my stay was going at breakfast and even offered to grab me another cup of coffee. This is service above and beyond!

Needless to say, I will make this hotel the only property I stay at when in Middletown.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank UKBlue_39
MiddletownHIE_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your words of encouragement! It's nice to know that we made an impression. The staff here works very hard, and I am always happy to pass on positive feedback. Come back and see us again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed four nights at this property while visiting area attractions including Kings Island and the Air Force Museum.

The staff were friendly and helpful and a bit above my usual expectations. The breakfast was disappointing. The food was not kept fresh and the eggs and rolls were both overcooked and dried out each day when we went to eat. By day four, my kids were refusing to eat much more than cereal.

The pool area was very nice and we used it twice during our trip. The pool was at a comfortable temperature and there was also a hot tub.

The fixtures in the room were older and somewhat dated, the hotel could use an update. The beds were too firm for my liking, I woke up each morning with a sore back.

I'd stay in this hotel again, but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank copperdragon66
MiddletownHIE_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always our intention to ensure our guests experience a clean, comfortable and inviting stay during each visit. I am so very sorry to hear of the problems you encountered with breakfast. These items are unacceptable and have been addressed with the staff. We strive to get better and wouldn't be able to do so without hearing from our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Joe Griffin
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My family and I stayed a couple nights at this hotel (because of points). I should have known from the moment we pulled up it was not going to be a good experience. 2 of the workers were sitting outside smoking. We asked for a non smoking room. We got up to the 3rd floor and it smelled horribly of smoke. When we asked about the smell on a non smoking floor, the person at the desk said they were "transitioning" to a non smoking floor. Seriously?! One other tip, don't use the computer in the lobby. Tried to print tickets to kings island and the printer didn't have enough memory to pull off the task. The guy behind the desk was annoyed and put off that he had to help us. I recommend going across the street to the drury inn. That is what we did on night 3.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TheGardners_11
MiddletownHIE_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your recent feedback. I would like to apologize for the experience you had during your stay. I value all the feedback we receive from our guests’ and use it to improve our property. As one of the few hotels in the area with smoking rooms, I understand your concerns. I have addressed these issues with staff, and I am confident you won't find that issue here in the future. We appreciate your business, and if you’re ever in our city again, please give us another chance to show you we truly care.

Joe Griffin

Travelers are raving about these Middletown hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
Red Roof Inn & Suites Middletown/Franklin
Days Inn Middletown
Days Inn Middletown
#7 of 9 in Franklin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Middletown? Share your experiences!