“Great Group Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Middletown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I brought a group of students to this hotel for a WGI event in April. We were not the only team staying in the hotel, there were 2 other teams as well. The staff were amazingly helpful in everything. The manager helped me out before we even arrived in finding a location where my girls could practice while we were staying there. He accommodated me for last minute changes to our reservation with no hassle at all. I had even made a mistake in our reservation and he was able to fix it without even a hint of it being a problem. It was very reassuring before we even arrived and brought my stress level down, which is a very good thing! When we got there, his staff came across as more than prepared for the week with all our groups from coordinating all the rooms and people, to having breakfast ready at times to accommodate all the groups in addition to having plenty of options and plenty of food. They also were willing to go out of their way to help me out with personal matters. I needed to get something in the mail urgently and they were willing to take it to the post office themselves for me. The hotel already has free wifi, but I was excited to find that there was also a computer in the lobby with free internet access for anyone, which worked out well for me since I did not bring a laptop or other device to use with the wifi. We did not use the pool, but we saw other people using it and it looked great and inviting. I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but I was really really happy with our experience at this hotel. It was hassle free, and actually, above average because of the excellent customer service. Ironically, saying that, I will also say that the only thing that we noticed was that there was one specific desk clerk who was not as friendly as the others. But she didn't bother us, and everyone else was so accommodating, we just ignored her. The location is also great. Right next to the highway (though we didn't hear highway traffic) so it was easy to get everywhere, and we had to travel up to Dayton and down to Cincinnati. The rooms were comfy and clean. Nothing special to rave about, but nothing bad to complain about either. Average. It was definitely the customer service that made it a great stay and pushed the bar higher. The only thing I actively disliked was the soft water, but the hotel can't help that now can they? I'm just used to hard water. I couldn't have been happier and if we travel to Ohio again next year, this will be the first hotel I speak to.
Thank you, Joe.
Taravella H.S.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
MiddletownHIE_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Thank you taking the time to review our property, and for your encouraging words! We loved having your team, and look forward to having an opportunity to serve you again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Middletown

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed here in April and found the rooms were nice and clean, as was the pool area and lobby. The staff however was rude and consistently acted like they didn't want to be bothered. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize for the service you received while staying at our hotel. I have spoken with our front desk staff about the importance of consistently maintaining a positive attitude and I am confident experiences like the one you had, won’t happen again in the future. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you keep the Holiday Inn Express Middletown in mind next time you stay in the area.

Joe Griffin
Holiday Inn Experss Middletown

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Standard Holiday Inn Express but that being said the hotel was clean, quiet and the staff is polite. No problems, no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2011

The rooms were your standard HolidayInn Express. the location had a few places to eat within walking distances. The front desk were helpful for finding places to deliver. All in all, I would go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2011

we stayed her on our way to a reunion in southern illinois. we also stayed at a drury and a comfort suites. this was by far the cleanest, nicest hotel we stayed at. excellent breakfast, great pool for the kids, huge room. we got a double queen suite for the same price as a regular double queen room. def will use this hotel for our future renunions.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed in Middletown during a trip to Kings Island and surrounding area. We were only a half hour from Kings Island, Museum of Science and Natural History, Cincinatti Zoo, Jungle Jim's and many other attractions. Didn't have to pay the close to the attraction price at most hotels. Hotel has a hot breakfast with proteins, and it the breakfast area was serviced consistently through our 4-day long stay. Location is just off of I75, but we did not notice any traffic noise, even with construction. Hotel is close to Kroger, Target, Kohl's, Golden Corral and O'Charley's.

Room Tip: Everything was great, but with Kroger so close - ask for a refrigerator. Save some $$$$
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel along with other family members. We had four rooms total. We were looking for a hotel relatively close to Kings Island that is clean, has free breakfast, and has a pool. This one fit the bill. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good but always seemed to have empty trays in the buffet. You had to wait for things at times. The kids still loved it. We were able to request a mini fridge in the rooms with no problem. The pool was small but clean. The hot tub was out of order. They only give you 3 towels and 3 wash clothes per room but were always quick to give more when asked.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from parking lot. They have a bird sound machine to keep birds from making nests...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
Red Roof Inn & Suites Middletown/Franklin
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 9 in Franklin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Middletown? Share your experiences!