“Pretty darn good”

Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport - Middleburg Heights
pittsburgh, PA
“Pretty darn good”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was a very fresh, clean building. The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. There was no ick factor at all in the room which was on the second floor. We didn't use the tv so I'm not sure how that was but everything else was spot on so assume the tv was the same. The ac/ heater unit was so quiet I wouldn't even call it white noise! The only issue I had were the crappy people staying at the hotel the same night as us. They were extremely loud and kept us up till about 3 am. I suppose if I had more gumption I would have gone down to the desk to complain but it eventually stopped and I got a restful night of sleep after that.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Eugene, OR
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was traveling with 4 cats and a brave friend cross country last month.
They didn't charge extra for pets, the room was clean, not frills, no frig or microwave.
The internet was slow but for the price, I was happy for easy on and off the freeway, the nearby Thai Origin restaurant and the very helpful, nice staff of the hotel.
We did end up wandering around looking for Starbucks. If we had just headed west on I76/80 we would have run in to a rest stop not too far up the road with a decent coffee place.

Room Tip: A month later, my husband stayed here. His room was a single king bed instead of a double bed room...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

I went to Cedar Point Park and stayed here for the night on my way back home to Syracuse, NY. For 45 dollars, my partner and i got good service and a comfortable room. We were greeted promptly after entering and the staff was very upbeat. The receptionist checked us in very quickly and suggested us to get a room on the third floor because the bathrooms are bigger. The rooms on the first floor have their own private doors that open to the parking lot which is nice. Room was very clean and bathroom was just as expected. We had a good stay. This hotel did its job.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank jamaro123
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stay in Middleburg Heights several times a year. Red Roof Inn is one of three motels I price before my visit. Red Roof Inn has much nicer rooms than Motel 6; room quality is equal to Days Inn. All 3 motels are next to each other. Days Inn offers breakfast (although cheap, and not very good) and Days Inn rates have recently been too high for the offerings. Red Roof Inn does NOT have breakfast, but the nice rooms can be worth the small step up in price than the Motel 6.

This month I stayed here twice (each direction of travel). My first visit, the front desk gave me an option of exterior corridors or interior corridors. I chose an exterior room. The room was fine, however one of the beds in room # 104 needs to be replaced. The bed sagged in the middle, the other member of my party woke up with an aching back. On the return trip, the interior corridor room we had was perfect, no problems at all. One thing we did notice is the bathrooms on the exterior corridor is very, very small (toilet, bath in a small room, sink located in main room). The interior corridors have much bigger bathrooms; sink is in the actual bathroom. I used the free wi-fi during my visit, it worked fine.

During my recent visit, it looks like Motel 6 is overhauling their rooms; it could be strict competition with Red Roof Inn once completed.

Room Tip: Interior corridor rooms have bigger bathrooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RailfanMotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Every trip to Cleveland we stay at this hotel. Location is great, only 10 minutes to downtown. Price is always good and staff is always so friendly. Rooms are good and comfy. Only real downside is if you get back late parking can be an issue, which stinks if you have a first floor exterior room and have to park so far from it. All in all we really like this hotel and have stayed several times and will be back!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Red3185
Dayton,OH
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We booked this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. The hotel was very easy to get to from the freeway. Check in went very smoothly. We were put in a first floor room that we could pull our car right up to. That was a huge plus for us. The room was spotless and probably the cleanest smelling room that I've ever stayed in. Plenty of room to move around and the bed was comfortable. There is a Friendlys right across the parking lot and we had supper there. It was nice to walk to eat after a long day in the car. We went to a show in Cleveland that night and the drive only took around 20 minutes even with construction. There is a Dunkin Donuts across the street so we bought breakfast there and utilized the free coffee in the lobby. It was a very comfortable stay and this will definately be our first choice when visiting Cleveland in the future.

Room Tip: I would ask for a first floor room. It's so nice not to have to walk through a lobby and use an...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2012

clean, close to amenties, quiet, free wi-fi, under $50...what more could one ask for? would come again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo