“My Skin is Still Crawling...”

Days Inn Cleveland Airport South
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Middleburg Heights
Reviewed October 6, 2010

OK...I have stayed in MANY hotels over the years and also worked in housekeeping in my younger days, so I'm pretty tolerant of the places I stay. This is without a doubt the worst hotel/motel I have EVER stayed in. For starters, we had a non-smoking room that REEKED of smoke. Secondly, the shower/bathroom were covered in hair. The furniture is dirty, outdated and stained. The front desk staff was not helpful and very disinterested. The outside of the buildings appear run down and unkempt - which should have been our first indications to stay elsewhere. We decided to remain at the hotel because we didn't have time to move elsewhere. I regreted that decision the next morning when we were awoken at 7 am by housekeeping carts rolling above our heads noisily, guests yelling at their family members to hurry up, and cars starting up to leave. The walls are paper thin and we could hear EVERYTHING going on next to us. It was an awful experience. Also, the internet is slow as Moses. PLEASE I BEG OF YOU - DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 27, 2010

Should have gotten the message when it took forever to make a reservation. No one answers the phone.... as this is where our boys soccer team was staying for a tournament I persisted until someone answered the phone to make my reservation. Upon arrival there was not enough help checking people in to the rooms (more than one soccer team present and waiting for check in) asked for non smoking room and room reaked of smoke. A/C did not work front desk was notified with in 15 min of check in 3 hours later a manager arrives in his wife beater and a pair of shorts kicks the ac and states "It works now leave the door shout or this room will never cool off. Wi fi in room did not work as I was frantically looking for another hotel. Room was filthy, floor sticky. Had been attempting to cancel room soon after checking in because it was so NASTY. Front desk girl had to wait for manager to do a refund. Manager wouln't refund because we had been in the room over three hours and he had just fixed the ac. We did leave and are now fighting with corporate to get a refund. I hope the rest of the team that remained posts there reviews as they stayed and complained about poor service and dirty rooms also.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I live in Minnesota so I flew in to New Jersey to help my dad move to Wisconsin. We were gonna slip our drive into 4 drives. Instead of stopping at any random hotel we made reservations at specific hotels becuase we had a dog with us. We first stopped in PA. Then we took the longest part of our trip. It was a 6 hour drive from out hotel in PA to this hotel and when we got to there I was so releaved. The TV has so many channels, we got better internet connection than we did at any of our hotels, they had the best breakfast, they had a convient little store in the lobby and the pool was perfect. They even have a convient drive-in check-in whcih almost NO hotels have. We also brought our little dog and it's birthday is July 29th. So as we were checking out the person in the main office just noticed we had a dog and she said there wouldn't be any extra charge for having the dog (cause they usually charge extra for bringing a dog) and they even sent our puppy and birthday gift. If you are reading this and you havn't stayed at this hotel then you are missing out, BIG TIME!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Despite the name of this Days Inn, it is not really very close to the airport at all. It is also not really conveniently located as far as transportation goes either. However, when I got to the hotel it appeared to be a pretty average Days Inn in a relatively quiet area of town.

The room was larger than I expected but wasn't very clean. Most of my toiletries were not stocked and I had to go down to the office to get them myself.

Perhaps the most disappointing part of my stay was the noise. All night long there were people standing around outside being very loud. I called down to the front desk to let them know, only to receive no answer. When I finally got angry enough I decided to go down to the desk and talk to them, only to find that the source of all the racket was the front desk staff and their friends hanging out outside. Even after complaining, the noise didn't stop until early in the morning.

While this Days Inn would otherwise be a very average hotel for the cost, the staff made it a miserable experience.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2010

I did the park and fly with them-they offer up to 14 days of parking (which I needed). I was very happy with my stay. First the room was spacious, clean, with new bedding, nice toiletries, adjustable shower, coffee maker in the room, fridge, microwave, and something like 30 TV channels (plus wifi). I had no worries walking on the floor in barefeet. Second the breakfast was very good-cereal, bagels,english muffins, toast, and fresh donuts/pastries not those packaged kind. Also had fruit, yogurt and a waffle maker. The coffee was very good. The dining area was large, clean and pretty with flat screen TV-I only wish on CNN instead of FOX lol. Finally the service was great. We took a shuttle to the airport-the driver was very friendly and have us the hotel card with directions of where to meet them on our return-they monitered the flight and were there to get us when we arrived-so much nicer than having to call, find some poorly decsribed meeting place and then stand and wait like some hotels. When we were picked up we asked the driver if there was a pizza delivery place that also delivered beer-he said there wasnt but would be happy to stop somewhere for us to pick up a six pack. Then he called the hotel and asked them to put together some pizza menus for us! Such a nice little extra effort that went a long way towards making us happy after a long fligIht! I forget the name of the pizza place we picked-its the one that has won many awards-we ordered the kitchen sink pizza and it was very good-midwest style pizza with buttery crust and packed with everything. The price was so low you wouldnt expect much from this hotel but dont be fooled-its a great place to stay near the airport-close to many places to eat too. Funny we went from a hotel that averaged 200 a night to this place-and agree this place was better. I am giving it a 4/5 because its a great place at a great price-nothing fancy but perfect for park n fly

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Stayed at Days Inn Cleveland Airport South prior to week away. Room with week's parking and free shuttle to/from airport only $85 + taxes. Very nice property. Basic, but clean and super nice and helpful staff. Was concerned about shuttle schedules as I was travelling with party of 6, however, they accomodated our needs exactly. As to be expected, they were polite and helpful, but sometimes hard to find, they were efficient, capable and scheduled our ourbound shuttle as requested and were waiting at the pickup area when we returned. Will definitely use this hotel again when flying from Cleveland. Their location South of the airport was a bonus for us arriving from the South. Hotel is also located within a couple blocks of NUMEROUS restaurants as well as a large KMart and drugstore. Top it off with a free breakfast bar that they opened early because we were leaving on a 6am shuttle. Very accomodating service.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I was on a business trip to Cleveland and I was arriving on a late flight. Rather than getting to my meeting hotel downtown at midnight which will still cost $160 for the night, I stayed in this hotel which was only 5 minutes from the airport for the night. The Days Inn also provide free airport shuttle service that was quick and convennient. I enjoyed the bed - it's clean and confortable, and a simple but enjoyable complimentary breakfarst in the next morning all for only $58 tax included. I then went back to the airport and then went to my meeting hotel from there on a metro train (I haven't been on a train for years!). there are also several eateries that open late in the shopping center next by. TheHighly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport - Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport -...
#5 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#6 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Ramada Cleveland Airport West
Ramada Cleveland Airport West
#2 of 2 in Fairview Park
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Middleburg Heights
Extended Stay America - Clevelan...
#9 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Best Western Airport Inn & Suites Cleveland
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights

Been to Days Inn Cleveland Airport South? Share your experiences!