“Pleasantly Surprised”

Days Inn Cleveland Airport South
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Middleburg Heights
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I volunteered to be bumped off my flight out of CLE and was sent to the Ramada South with scores of other displaced travelers. After waiting in the baggage claim area to pick up my suitcase that I later found had traveled on to my final destination, I was ready to give up for the night and get some sleep.

I feared the worst as I searched for the Ramada airport shuttle, but soon found it still running airport to hotel routes late into the night. The desk clerk did a great job accomodating the long line of bagless and weary guests and soon I was checked into my room. I was surprised to see a mini fridge, microwave, computer chair, and safe in my two queen size bed room with the value of the voucher I was given. I slept like a baby and found no problems with the room itself.

There was a small crack in the tub that I wondered about while taking a shower the next morning, but it didn't seem to affect anything.

The continental breakfast was above average as others have mentioned and with complimentary internet in the lobby and an effortless checkout, I found this to be the most painless hotel stay considering the circumstances. I would stay here again. Great job to the staff and the airport shuttle runs like clockwork.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed July 22, 2008

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting family. The room was clean but there was a small burn hole on the comforter in our non-smoking room; however there was no odor so it wasn't a problem.

The staff was friendly and accomodating. The beds were comforable and the breakfast above average. Our only regret was that we were unable to make use of the pool which looked very inviting. We would stay here again, but hope they would extend the pool hours.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and so I booked the room direclty with the hotel.

I have to admit that in the past I haven't had the problems that I encountered during my stay of June 9th.

The room was not clean at all. There was still long strands of hair in the tub and a ring around the tub. But I overlooked that because it was late and we were tired and had an early flight out the next morning. So I rinsed the tub before showering.

But my biggest complaint is the sheets were too small for the beds and came off constantly during the night. We got up several times because we didn't want to sleep on the mattress or what little there was a mattress pad. The sheets were very thin and worn and had stains on them.

The bedspread had a HUGE burn hole in and was disgusting.

In the morning, my husband turned on the light and found some bugs scurrying across the floor.

We were also charged for the use of the room safe even though we never touched it and never asked for it. It was only a couple of bucks but I didn't care for the way that it "appeared" on our bill (which admittedly I did not check AFTER we were on the plane since we were in a hurry)

The staff is very nice and was accommodating. I think they are just trying to cut too many corners. I won't stay here again even though they have wonderful pick and delivery service to the airport and you can park your car while you are gone.

We did inform the staff of our problems the morning of our check out but they did nothing except note it.

It was just plain DIRTY.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2008

I have to say that the "motel" appearance gave me pause, but really this is a nice place. I've stayed here multiple times over several years. The bedding and linens are good, the rooms clean, For the money its a pretty good value. Internet was fast, I felt safe in the area, and the front desk staff was helpful. Don't know what happened with some of the other reviewer's stays. Breakfast was mediocre at best, however.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Given the cost, I think this hotel gives great value, and I think some of the other reviewers have given it a bum rap. The hotel is a renovated, older hotel. We never use the word "motel" anymore, but that's really what it is/was. For my $62.10 per night (AAA rate), I enjoyed a clean room with free wireless, internet access, a fridge and microwave. The only complaint I had was noise: guests checking out at 4:30 or 5:00 a.m. and shouting to each other in the parking lot right outside my window. The breakfast was adequate.

In prior trips to Middleburg heights, I've stayed at the Red Roof Inn, located just behind this Ramada, which--though it cost less--offered no breakfast, microwave or fridge and at which you had to pay for internet access. Not such a bargain,

I expect to stay here again on my next visit

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2008

When I got this from Priceline and I saw the reviews even though it was a while ago I was concerned. Then I find out that it is an OUTSIDE corridor and that really upset me. But I told myself see how the check in goes and see how the room is...

Well Check IN was sweet, it was DRIVE thru.. and very efficient I must say

Room was on the second floor, no ELEVATOR but had stairs so it was not a problem. It would be if someone had lots of luggage though.

Room itself was fine it had micro, fridge and two beds. Smelled fine.

Bathroom was outdated though, the tub was wore .. the shower thing was coming out of the wall... not good. but it can be tolerated..

Overall it was a SAFE stay, clean room and If Priceline put me back at this hotel I would not complain.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2007

Were forced to stay here, when our van broke down on a trip out west.
We had no hot water, they said it was because they were using the washing machines(thats a new one) The carpets, upholstery, and paintwork was dirty. This property was independantly owned. Dont stay
there, we left after one day.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ladydi7LongIsland_NY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport - Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport -...
#5 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#6 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Ramada Cleveland Airport West
Ramada Cleveland Airport West
#2 of 2 in Fairview Park
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Middleburg Heights
Extended Stay America - Clevelan...
#9 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Best Western Airport Inn & Suites Cleveland
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights

Been to Days Inn Cleveland Airport South? Share your experiences!