“Unclean and noisy, avoid this place”

Days Inn Cleveland Airport South
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Middleburg Heights
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Ratings on Wyndham's website were favorable, so we used rewards points for a free night since all downtown hotels were booked. The place was disgusting, especially the bathroom, where you really want it to be most clean. And it was very noisy. Walls were paper thin, and people were outside talking and partying into the early morning hours, unabated by hotel management. Only got a couple hours of sleep. Worst ever hotel experience.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed here overnight on a road trip. I planned to see a few things in Cleveland and then continue on my trip the next morning. The hotel has a drive up window to check in, but I didn't know that until after I walked to the lobby. I asked for a 1st floor room and I did get one. The hotel was pretty empty until it got later in the evening, I could hear people outside but it was quiet by 9 pm.

The room was clean, and HUGE. I think there was supposed to be 2 beds in the room, but there was only one in mine. The bed was pretty comfortable, and there was a mini fridge and microwave. I had a problem with the shower, the temperature wouldn't stay stable, it was more annoying than anything but not really a huge deal.

Breakfast in the morning was your typical hotel breakfast. The breakfast area was very clean and well maintained. There was someone there restocking and wiping down tables.

The breakfast the next morning was your typical hotel free breakfast,

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Nonsmoking room smelled like smoke (lady said the room behind is a smoking room). Water stains on ceiling, ceiling needed other repair, pillows very old and lumpy. Wanted something right off 80 to take a nap on a roadtrip...thankfully we were really tired. Average breakfast. Checkin lady was great, checkout lady not so great. Billed wrong rate than promised but didn't want to waste time arguing over 6 bucks. Basically you get what you pay for...this property needs a serious overhaul.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank MichelleS13
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I booked this hotel for one night due to an early flight out before 6am. I selected it based on the reviews and the fact that it had an airport shuttle, but when I checked in around 9pm, I thought I must have booked the wrong hotel! I've double checked the address, and it's correct, so I must have gotten a really poor room.

The airport shuttle was convenient and the staff were friendly at check in and again at check out at 4:30am. Breakfast was available before I had to leave,but it was too early to eat, so I took a banana to go. They also offered apples, yogurt, cold cereal and waffles. Overall, a nice selection.

When I checked in to Room158, it was supposed to be a non-smoking room,but it definitely smelled like someone has smoked in it. Since I was leaving in less than 7 hours, I decided not to bother seeing if I could switch rooms. The room itself is a bit dated, and the walls are marked up from furniture that has been moved around. There is a small refrigerator and microwave in the room, which would be convenient for someone staying longer than I was. At one point during the night, the refrigerator started making sounds like popcorn popping at the end of the time in the microwave. I tried to figure out how to make it stop, and when I opened the freezer compartment, it was full of what looked like previously melted ice cream. Apparently, housekeeping didn't open it.

The bathroom seemed reasonably clean until I took a look at the shower. The bottom of the tub was grey! I took a washcloth and rubbed at it, but nothing really came off, so it seems that it is stained, but still didn't make me want to stand in it, so I put another washcloth on the bottom and stood on that. They only provided shampoo and a bar of soap in the room, so it was good that I had brought toiletries. Photos show that they provide more toiletries, so I'm not sure if my room wasn't replenished or if things have changed. The shower curtain rod was also pulling out of the wall, so there was a big crack and the wall was peeling down where the rod attached on one side.

The bed was reasonably comfortable, but between the noise from the refrigerator, the noise from other people coming back to their rooms, and the car alarm that kept going off, I hardly got any sleep. Overall, based on the experience I had, I would not stay at this location again. Based on other reviews, I may have gotten a bad room, but my experience would keep me from being able to recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MMM2001
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel has a drive-in window so if it is snowing or raining you can drive up to check in. Very handy and convenient. The girl at the front desk was most helpful and polite when I arrived to inquire about rooms before noon. She made my reservation and took my payment and told me that a room could be ready for me very soon. GREAT to be able to check in before time and get on with your day. The rate was great and the room and breakfast were good as well. They have a seperate breakfast room wtih waffles, etc. Clean and friendly. Also most of all the room was nice and the bed was comfortable. Towels were nice. looked new. This hotel is in a safe neighborhood with a great location and many things near. I would stay there again on my next visit to CLEVELAND. The price is right and if you forget toothpaste or something they have it at the desk for4 you which is a big plus

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I've stayed at this property many times over the years. A long time Cross Country Inn, later a Ramada Limited, now Days Inn. Two years ago (just after this became a Days Inn), I had an issue with a reservation regarding a roll-away bed that I had reserved. I was told the fire department doesn't allow roll-aways anymore due to the room size. I was concerned that I wasn't notified in advance since I booked via the Days Inn website, and they had ALL my info. On that trip, I ended up staying in the Motel 6 across the road that had the same sized room and roll-aways. It’s been a while since I stayed at a Days Inn.

This year, since the price was right, and there were just two of us, I tried Days Inn again. I had a much better experience this trip. The room was fine, no complaints but nothing to write home about either. The motel has outside corridors, and seems like the parking lot fills up at night. I stayed here two nights, and didn't return to the motel until after 11pm each night.

My only complaint was the ice & vending machines are located at the back corner of the rear building, about as far from my room as they could be. After 10 or 11pm? these are the only machines not locked up at night. The plastic ice chest in my room didn't have a plastic bag to line it, and the bucket looked dirty. I ended up washing it with a bar of soap (yes, kind of gross), but gave up anyway.

The free cold breakfast was extremely basic, some cereal and bread items, few bananas were the choices. The second morning we didn't even want to return for the breakfast. The funny thing is I choose this motel because of the breakfast. I didn't want to make a second stop after leaving the motel in the AM. When booking the motel, I passed up both Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn because they didn't have breakfast. Motel 6 is a lot less expensive, and Red Roof Inn is slightly less money with nicer rooms, but doesn't have breakfast. I recommend the motels without breakfast, Dunkin' Donuts, McDonalds, and other places to grab breakfast are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Exterior Corridors, No elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Beware ladies especially if you are an Asian! When you are travelling alone, do not take any free rides from anyone including drivers working in the hotels. Their job is to pick up and send the guests to and from the hotel/airport if the hotel offers free airport shuttle. If they offer free rides to anywhere you want to go other than the airport, do not take it. Remember there is NO FREE LUNCH in this world! I suggest you take public transportation and plan your trip in advance. Honestly, I didn't feel quite comfortable with the driver in this hotel.

Overall, the room is clean and fully equipped with the hairdryer, iron, microwave oven and fridge. But cold breakfast. There is a bus-stop outside the hotel (5 mins walk) which you can take the bus to downtown.

I want to take this opportunity to commend the performance of two staff working in this hotel. Brenda has been really helpful since I checked in, she helped me with my 3 heavy luggages and queries. Another is Danielle, she would set up the breakfast, constantly checking and cleaning the breakfast area. Of course, a very helpful girl too.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank helen v
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport - Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport -...
#5 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#7 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airp...
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Ramada Cleveland Airport West
Ramada Cleveland Airport West
#2 of 2 in Fairview Park

Been to Days Inn Cleveland Airport South? Share your experiences!