“nice suite-style hotel that allows pets”

TownePlace Suites Cleveland Airport
Sacramento, California
“nice suite-style hotel that allows pets”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

we're driving from MA to CA while our moving truck is moving all of our stuff. we have a dog and cat so we have to stay in hotels that accept pets (our dog is over 20 lbs so that rules out a bunch of options). we just wanted a clean, quiet place to spend our 7 nights on the road.

this was our second stop. despite the ridiculous $75 pet fee (!!! highest we saw all week- they say they have a special service that comes in and sanitizes rooms that pets have been in, in case people have allergies), it was one of the nicest we stayed at.

the room was a small suite with a mini kitchen in it. everything was clean and modern. the bed was comfy. there were good restaurants nearby to order from and the receptionist was more than happy to give me a list of options within driving distance.

the continental breakfast was very basic compared to most and didn't have options that appealed to us, if they improved that, it would have been an almost perfect no frills hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mollyandethan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I stayed here because I was running a race the next day and this was a couple of miles from the race. I was really impressed with the facility overall. The condition of the room was great. The room was very clean and organized. The mini kitchen looked in pretty good shape, but I din't use any of the appliances. The bed was soft and the sheets weren't scratchy. While there is no indoor pool on site, you can use the Courtyard's next door. The spa was the only thing I used to relax after the race. The work station for your computer was well laid out and had plenty of room. I wish there was wireless vs. having to connect to a CAT-5 line. Bathroom was small but very funtional. The showerhead is a little low.

My only real complaint about this room was with the heating/cooling unit. It is one of those wall mounted units that has a dial and the hi/low buttons for cooling and heating. They are hard to get the right temperature for the room and very noisy.

Some updates to the room would put this hotel over the top. The tv isn't a flatscreen, there isn't wireless internet, bathroom fixtures need to be more modern, and the appliances definately looked a little aged.

I got a great price on this room because I used the Marriott price gurantee. The hotel was routinely cheaper on a couple of websites than marriott.com.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Skinsfan76
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed October 29, 2008

We have always stayed at a regular hotel room because of price but no more. Staying in a suite is so much nicer that we have decided that that's the way to do it from now on. It was so nice to be able to sit in chairs to relax and watch tv and to have a full kitchen in case we wanted to make dinner or enjoy a snack. And the price was about the same as the lower end hotels in the area charged. Great place to stay--friendly staff--good location--great price--what more could you want?

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank MaryKF
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 3, 2008

This room had a fridge stove and mini kitchen. Nice large table and room to stretch out. There was a breakfast continental you could take to go. In room coffee. Would stay here again.

Stayed April 2008
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2007

This is the third time I have stayed here, and I think this hotel is starting to show its age. The suite was clean and the kitchen well equipped, but the bathroom was skimpy on towels, the DSL power cord was missing (though someone replaced it quickly), and the breakfast--continental breakfast in lobby--not as good as those in other hotels.

I booked this through Expedia. My travel plans changed and I wanted to upgrade to a 2-bedroom suite. The hotel said I had to make this upgrade through Expedia, but when I phoned Expedia, they told me there were no 2-room suites available. I'm not so sure this was true. Next time, I will book my hotel directly. I don't think using Expedia saves you any money.

• Liked — convenience, cleanliness
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
erie pa
Reviewed May 11, 2007

I came in april my roomate had to go to cleveland to renew his x-ray licence. We arrviaed at the hotel around 8pm on firday and check in was;nt that great the young men was on the phone and ignored me for about 5 min or so i booked the first night as a free night stay and the 2nd night i was paying. well i told the guy at the desk that i had a 2nd night and he complete ingorned me i was handed keys and that was it. even though i stayed here mostly evey year i still like to know what new at the hotel and were my room is cause i was in the other building i never stayed over there. the room as allways are great and they have updated there lobby and rooms loved it. the next morning my roomate needed to be up at 8am to go to the sleep inn 3 exits down and i planned to sleep in cause i was on vacation i get a phone call at 1pm asking me if i was checking out. i said no i have a reservation for a 2nd night. the lady at the desk made me come down to reswap my cc i gave them a 50$ gift card that i wanted to pre pay so i would be good to go sunday moring at check out. well i got my bill under the door and didnt relaze they charged my bank cc the 2nd night stay and not the gitft card. i get back home and my bank account was - 70.00!! i called the hotel and they same guy who checked me in was working telling me no your cc was not charged and was not very nice about it. so i called back again and spoke to the GM and he looked into it and credited my cc back the room and tax and took off the holds for me. and told me to keep the 50% gift card for the problem i had i told the gm about the young man how rude he was.the Gm made my stay better. for as long i been staying here i never had a problem either i plan to go back and stay here again. just the fact is make sure your bill is right when u get it

• Liked — location to were the meeting for my roomate was
  • Disliked — the servcise at the front desk with the young men
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank iamastudforu2006
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2007

We stopped at the Towneplace Suites of Middleburg Heights both last December (2005) and this past December (2006) driving from Chicago to eastern PA. I don't know if they renovated or what but they went from Neutral/average to Above average this year. The bed was pretty comfortable, everything was super clean. I would recommend this property and we'll continue to use this hotel as our stopover property.
Another plus is they allow dogs. Only problem is people don't clean up after their dogs and my husband (2 years in a row) stepped in dog crap. It would be helpful if they had one of those bag/trash can things over by the dog area. But that doesn't always make the irresponsible dog owners pick up after themselves but it might!

• Liked — Conveniant to I-80 with eating options in the area
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple