“Frustrating experience. Will not stay here again.”

TownePlace Suites Cleveland Airport
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Upon arrival I was informed my room was in bldg B 2nd floor. The only elevator caused me to have to drag my luggage from one end of the building to the other and then back down the hall to the opposite end again once I was on the 2nd floor. I immediately requested a room switch or even swapping to the courtyard Marriott in front of this place and was told both hotels were completely booked full. I decided before dragging my luggage all that way for one night I'd check out the room first.The room was nnothing of what I would expect from a Marriott property. I called the front desk from my room and again asked for another room closer or on the other property. Was called back 5-10 mins later and told no rooms at courtyard but now they could move me to bldg A next to the elevator so I didn't have to drag all my stuff around. Great! I moved rooms and the room was again not what I'd expect. Looks older, used, stained carpets, and nasty mattresses in both bedrooms. I'd have preferred a studio or one bedroom but was given 2 due to over booking so the front desk explained. Not a pleasant experience at all.

• Stayed: February 2014
Kim K, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your feedback. We apologize the layout of the building did not fit your needs. Unfortunately, the buildings are not big enough to necessitate two elevators in each building. I'm glad that we were able to give you a complimentary upgrade to the two bedroom suite when we didn't have your first room request. We completed a renovation of this property in June of 2013 and are due to get new mattresses within the next couple of months. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in the Cleveland area and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am currently at the hotel, I am here for five weeks. The rooms are wonderful, I have a studio and I feel like I have a home for my stay in Cleveland. The staff is some of the best representatives of a company I have ever seen. I have stayed in all 50 states at one time or another and never experienced this type of friendliness, I felt welcome the minute I checked in. If you are in the Cleveland area I highly recommend this hotel. Supermarkets, restaurants and gas stations real close to the hotel with quick access to the highway. Wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Kim K, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us we appreciate your feedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the TownePlace Suites we strive to make it not just a hotel but a home away from home! We look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you are in the Cleveland area!

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here due to a canceled flight and was pleasantly surprised at how brand new everything was. It was gorgeous- from the updated kitchen to the cute bathroom to the comfortable bed..I would definitely recommend this place. I only needed to stay one night, but this would be perfect for someone needing a long term stay.

• Stayed: December 2013
Kim K, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your feedback. We are very happy that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to have you as our guest again. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a great hotel if you need a place with more than one bedroom at a reasonable price. We had a party of four for which we needed two bedrooms as well as a pullout sofa. Although TownePlace is designed more for long terms stays, the arrangement they offered was also very suitable for an overnight stay for us based on our needs. The location of this place was quite convenient as it could be seen from the I-71 and was easy to find coming off the Bagley Rd. exit. The property was located in the same parking complex with a Courtyard (another Marriott brand). The exterior looked a bit like a small set of apartments as there was more than one building in the facility. The reception area was no-frills by design but there was a small area with a selection of snacks and drinks, which was handy for us as it turned out. The person checking us in was friendly and helpful. We had a second-floor room with two bedrooms, a living room and a small kitchen area. This provided over 700 square feet of living space and this worked well for us. My only complaint about this hotel was that the breakfast, though complimentary, was a little paltry. There were no hot foods (unless you count toast or instant oatmeal fixed with hot water). There were basic cereal offerings with breads, a couple of fruit choices, etc. Of course, with the kitchen facilities available, one could fix their own breakfast if this was not suitable or another alternative would be the nearby restaurants. In all, this is a very good and quite affordable option if you need a larger space.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Debbie K
Kim K, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our two bedroom suite fit your needs. The continental breakfast at the TownePlace Suites is a brand standard that is included in your room rate. The good thing about our hotel is that we are a dual property and our sister hotel, The Courtyard that sits right next door to us has the Bistro. While your breakfast at the Courtyard is not included in your rate you can come over and eat a hot made to order breakfast in our Bistro! If you have any questions please feel free to call the hotel and we would be happy to answer them for you. We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at the Town Place Suites last month. We were looking for a smoke free hotel. Staff and guests both smoke right outside of all the doors. They are even allowed to smoke in the pool and bbq areas. To be truly smoke free and enjoyable for all guets, Town Place Suites should designate a smoking area that is at least 20 feet from all public entrances so other guests are not exposed to this. For this reason only, I cannot recommend your hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mark w
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I have stayed twice at this TPS. It is a a bargain for price and membership points, as are most TPS. This one has been renovated (not sure if that applies to all rooms, but it did to the two we stayed in). It's a bit of a schlep into the city, but the price makes it attractive, along with the full kitchen (we go a little crazy at the West End market whenever we are in Cleveland, and the kitchen lets us bring some goodies back to cook and eat, rather than waiting til we get home).

There was a party going on and we didn't hear it, so the sound proofing is pretty good. There is a bit of highway noise, barely noticeable to us.

The staff were friendly and helpful. They are not nearly as formal as staff at a full Marriott, Renaissance, etc. or even a Courtyard, but that is part of the vibe, and they are just as helpful.

I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I work as consultant. Normally i stays in Residence inn. This time we got better price and they informed us they have renovated hotel recently and shared some pics. Which showed like this hotel is very good and recently renovated.I planned to stayed here for 3-4 months and i had initial reservation for 30+ days. I checked in on Sunday Night into 2 bedroom. I was totally disappointed. Room was totally different from what they have in pics. Its not renovated. Seems like pretty much used. Utensils and cupboards are not clean. When i checked with front Desk they informed me that pictures they have on website are from another .Property. This is cheating. I immediately moved to another hotel. When i cancel my stay manager did not bother to ask me why i am cancelling my stay.

Room Tip: If you are booking by seeing picture then you will be fooled. Those pictures are from other property...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dushyanth
CYSales, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for providing us with your thoughts about the TownePlace Suites Cleveland Airport. I do apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations despite the million dollar renovation project that concluded in June 2013. While we are very excited about our new product, it is concerning that it did not meet your needs. I would like the opportunity to speak with you further to learn what we will need to do to exceed your expectations and have your return as our guest. I can be reached in the Sales Office at 440-239-6103 or feel free to reach out to our General Manager, Bryan Shepherd at 216-403-5513.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you further to win back your confidence in our product and have you once again as our customer.

Kim Klepek
Director of Sales
TownePlace Suites and Courtyard Cleveland Airport Hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airp...
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
0 mi away
Courtyard Cleveland Airport South
Courtyard Cleveland Airport Sout...
#7 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middleburg Heights Cleveland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middlebur...
#3 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport

Been to TownePlace Suites Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!