“Absolutely Fine”

Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I am in Middleburg Heights one night a month, and usually stay down the road from this Comfort Inn. I don't know what made me select this hotel this time -- I guess I just wanted a change -- but wasn't disappointed in the slightest. The rate is much lower at the Comfort Inn than where I usually stay, yet the rooms are every bit as clean and comfortable. The lady at the front desk was especially friendly and welcoming, so that set my positive first impression in motion. The hotel's location is perfect for my needs: easy access to the highway, only seconds from where I conduct my monthly business, and near all types of restaurants. Although my room was designated as a non-smoking room, there was a very faint hint of stale smoke in the air, but after a few minutes I adjusted to it. I'd stay again and would recommend to anyone wanting clean, quiet, and economical accommodations.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Stormchaser1966
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport

Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week while visiting family in Ohio. I found the staff extremely friendly, courteous, and helpful. The accomodatioins were comfortable, clean, and spacious. The access to I-71 was aplus as it was my way to Crawford County and Cleveland State University as well as I-90. My only concern is the lack of TV channels. I missed my History Channel, Sy-Fy Channel, and Disney Channel. I come to Ohio once a year and am looking forward to staying here again next year. Thanks Staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
drucella1, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

On behalf of the Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport, I would like to thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and our employees enjoy the positive feedback from our guest. It is the comments like this that keep us going! I hope that you get a chance to come back and see us soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

This is a typical Comfort Inn. It was clean, but dated and nothing special. There is also a Comfort Inn smell that was prevelant; it's like smoke being covered by cheap airfreshener. Breakfast was...typical...but the room was far too small for weekend traffic. The staff was pleasent and helpful, but don't think about making long-distance phone calls because it will be expensive. The location was good in terms of highway and proximity to shopping and the good news is it was quiet and we even had a pretty decent view of a little pond beyond the back parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ali M
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We ( a total of seven related adults) spent two nights at this property on Labor Day weekend and had a wonderful time. We didn't expect a full-service hotel (it's not), but the cheery staff, clean and quiet rooms, comfortable beds and generous continental breakfast surpassed our expectations. What's more, they provided a free shuttle to the Cleveland Oktoberfest at the Berea fairgrounds.
Thanks to all the staff for making our stay enjoyable. Hope you're the "official Oktoberfest host hotel"' next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Although this is an older hotel, I stay here often because of their consistant wonderful service, extremely clean rooms, and great breakfast each morning. The General Manager, Drucella, is fantastic with the guests and is extremely accomodating; the guest rooms are always clean and well-kept; and the breakfast is warm and fresh. This will continue to be my home-away-from-home when I travel monthly to the Cleveland area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Kent M
drucella1, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

to receive your kind words of praise.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes
that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

My wife & daughter came to visit Baldwin Wallace college 4th time staying here. Room smelled like a dog had ---- in it. First couple of times were not to bad but got worse each time we stayed here.Not enough towels to take a shower if there's more than one person but you can do what i did to get more towels just tip the maid and they give you more towels. On a scale of 1-10 about a 5

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank leonberger
drucella1, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

On behalf of The Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay with us. We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. Please accept my sincere apology We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

If you want stolen from and treated horribly, this is your hotel. Me, I like treated better so I no longer trust this entire Choice Hotel chain. Seriously, stay away. You have been warned by an honest family who wanted nothing more than to enjoy a visit with a friend.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bingodarl
drucella1, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

I'm concerned about the problems you experienced at
our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time
to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel
is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities,
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how
we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. However, in order for me to promptly resolve the issues you have raised
I need additional information. Please contact me by telephone or letter, and provide the arrival date of the reservation, a confirmation number and any other facts you consider pertinent so that we can get this resolved.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best
to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.