“smoky hallways”

Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
california
“smoky hallways”
Reviewed November 8, 2007

Have stayed here before and had above average experience. This time the staff is noisy in the halls in the early morning and the hallways smell of cigarette smoke even though the rooms are no smoking.

• Stayed November 2007
1 Thank CaliforniaJeanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 15, 2007

Stayed overnight after arriving at Cleveland airport, en route to an early departure to south central Ohio, so we were there probably a total of nine hours. Everything went fine. Note that it is not at the airport - you need to get on the interstate to get there, but it wasn't that far away, nor difficult to find.

The hotel is right next to the interstate, and our room faced it, but the sound insulation was excellent and we weren't bothered at all.

The parking lot out front was almost entirely full when we got there - I believe we got the last space. There was apparently more parking around the side and the back, but at 10 p.m. it was deserted, and I would have felt uncomfortable if I had had to park out of view of the lobby.

The shower was surprisingly excellent.

• Liked — Easy highway access.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Momsdayout
Virginia Beach
Reviewed May 9, 2007

Very convenient to airport, I-71 and many restaurants. Competitive rates. Excellent service. Had a very nice room, with the best desk/work area layout I've ever seen. Lota of room to spread out and plug everything in.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank MikeVirginiaBeach
Rochester, NY
Reviewed March 15, 2007

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn so many times I have lost count. My experience has always been pleasant. Although not "new" by any means, it is always clean. The staff, all of them, from maintenance and housekeeping to front desk are pleasant and real. When my daughter got sick on a trip and we had over 4 hours to drive home, they let us stay until her stomach settled, saying, please don't rush, we won't need the room right away, just let her feel better to travel. I'm sure it helped that they were not totally booked for that night, but I feel, nevertheless, that their attitude would have been the same. It was no surprise that they acted this way, as anytime I had asked about or for anything, they have always been pleasant and ready to please. Great staff, great location for Baldwin Wallace and Airport and a short trip to downtown. They also make an effort to give me the same room each time, which is convenient for me.

• Liked — Great rate and great staff
  • Disliked — Nothing I don't really lke.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank suebt58
Miamisburg, OH
Reviewed July 16, 2006

The rooms had a microwave and a small refridgerator. The hotel was geared toward more of a business traveler. Room was clean and front desk people were friendly. Hotel was close to a few different restaurants, highway and gas stations. Neighborhood was ok. Overall worked out for the evening we needed to rest.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank KristenCinOH
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2006

I travel and am away from home at least 60% of the year. I spent 5 nights at the Comfort Inn and I have never received the kindness at a hotel like I did there. By the time I left the front desk girls knew my name and were asking me questions about my new born - wishing me luck with everything. It is a great location and they have every amenity that a business traveler could want. Rooms are also immacutlate and breakfast offers many options. They have my business whenever I am in town.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dubuque, Iowa, USA
Reviewed January 10, 2006

Stayed here on January 8th 2006. Courtesy van picked me up at the Airport within 5 mins of clearing Baggage Claim at 11:10pm.

Upon arrival at hotel, we were met with fresh cookies and a very nice receptionist.

Rooms were clean and quiet, and an average continental breakfast and free USA Today was available the following morning.

The hotel is located about 10 mins away from the airport.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business