“The Bucci Staff was remarkable”

Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“The Bucci Staff was remarkable”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Irish's personality was infectious. A kind word for all who entered the lounge. She treated all bar staff with care and concern as if they were her own. This carried over in Stacy and Holly's interaction with the customers. Several regular guest were greeted by name and presented with their beverage of choice. This group should provide training in what exceptional customer service looks like.

Compliments to the morning chef for delicious cheesey grits. I had no regrets surpassing my daily dole of WW points to enjoy the Steak Sandwich and Parmesan Fries in the evening. Thanks for making a business trip pleasurable. Irish I hope you enjoyed Vegas!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPMike, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Jadjorme,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your recent review of Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport. We appreciate your kind words and we will be sure to pass your comments on to our team!

Mike L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It began at check-in --- Maria was the most friendly. From this the wait staff was great at both the dinner party and breakfast time (in the Bucci's restaurant area)

All the staff was MUCH improved from the last visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Visited with the grand kids, and had asked for adjoining rooms. Opened the door to the first room and it was occupied. Woke up a guy who was still in his underwear, yuck. Next room not guite as bad, but it was still occupied they fortunatly wern't in the room at the time. Never did receive the connecting rooms, but on check out they professionally comped 1 rooms cost.

Room Tip: It has wedding receptions on weekends, so ask to stay away from the elevator
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Gary C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel, we are relieved to know that your issues were addressed in a timely manner and your stay went smoothly after that. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. Rest assured that these will be shared to our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I searched reviews before booking and was unsure how the stay would go.

On the good side - the location is excellent. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Nice to have a shuttle to the airport. Hotel is in great condition and newly remodeled. Nice pool, rooms, bar, and workout room. Staff is friendly and ready to help. Very comfortable stay.

A few misses - I think housekeeping has some issues. There was some hair in the tub, the TV was somehow unplugged (but someone came in and fixed it once we asked) and there was strange things like a cart left in the entrance to the hallway from the elevators for 2 days. Overall items were able to be easily rectified, but noticeable. I do wish the pool had a hot tub because it was a bit cold for me and some other guests.

I'd stay here again. Thanks for the customer service. I would like to try the restaurant at some point.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ohio
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I you are looking for a great hotel and even better service, then this place is for you! I had made plans w/ Erica to have my corporate sales meeting here. They really rolled out the red carpet and the service was top notch. My out of town guests all told me how comfortable the rooms were and loved the location of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here with my wife on a recent trip back to Cleveland. We arrived late and instead of my normal routine of running and getting a rental car and then arriving at my location at 1 am, I decided to try to stay at a hotel near the airport and just get my transportation in the morning. The transportation was waiting for us at the airport around midnight and we were taken to the hotel, the room was clean and exactly what we needed. In the morning, we had breakfast at the hotel and were given a discount for being members of a loyalty program, but I got a strong feeling we were going to be provided a discount anyways, the service was excellent and they went out of their way to find a way to discount breakfast for us... not saying this is routine, as I don't know, but I will say it left me with a very favorable impression of the service staff. I probably could give this place a 4, as it was what I was looking for, but I only needed a quick nights rest so my expectations were not sky high. Like I said, the room was clean and efficient, nothing extraordinary but definitely nothing to really complain about. Overall, I would definitely use this hotel if you need to stay near the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear jeffv216,

Thank you for being an IHG Club Rewards member and for writing us a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your over-all stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Got a great deal thru Hotwire, but their regular rates online were reasonable anyway. The room was nice, clean, comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Convenient location just south of airport right off I-71, only about 15- 20 minutes drive to downtown. For the foodie type, lots of great options in Cleveland area, check out reviews here on Tripadvisor or on Urbanspoon for some good advice. We were pleasantly surprised with how lively and vibrant downtown was on a pleasant summer Saturday night! Also check out the West Side Market for dozens of vendors of meats, cheeses, produce, baked goods, etc. If you are a railfan, Berea Depot is just to the west of the hotel where busy NS and CSX lines meet. Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad is also not too far and is a very pleasant an inexpensive trip through Cuyahoga Valley National Park. We were very pleased with the Crowne Plaza, and will return any time we are in the Cleveland area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family