“Excellent Airport Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Excellent Airport Hotel”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business in September and this is one of the better Crowne Plaza properties I've stayed at for a while. There is quite a bit of parking; however, I used the shuttle from the airport which is about 20 minutes away. Here's a tip: the shuttle picks up at door 2 ONLY. Check in was very smooth and the staff was quite friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to call a taxi and later recommend I take the Metro into downtown. The bar is in the basement which is quite dark; however, the service quality makes up for it. I had the stuffed pepper pizza which was great. The internet worked well. This property is perfect for business; however, the pool was big enough to host the kiddos. This property has my full endorsement.

This hotel is located in a very busy area and there is little around the hotel to walk to as far as high end eateries go.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CPMike, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Glogue,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Mike L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chicago
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A very nice hotel. Professional staff, very clean. Nice pool, no hot tub spa but there is a dry heat sauna. Rooms are spacious, toiletries are good quality. Plenty of parking. We stay here while traveling for business from Chicago to Brimfield, MA., 3 times a year and if we are traveling anywhere near here and need a room enroute, we try to make it to this hotel. The beds and bedding are wonderful! A mini overnight vacation. Consistently high quality.

Room Tip: Do Not stay in room 130. The area just outside is where people smoke and wait for airport transporta...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CPMike, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport. Our team strives to ensure we consistently provide the highest level of service possible in a comfortable atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you again on your travels next season!

Michael L.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Rarely would I take the time to review a hotel, but the great service lead me to this. I asked if there was a way I could comment on the service.
Kalama and Kaylegh both went out of there way to help me with my room as I had neglected to make a reservation. Kalama called those with multiple room reservations to confirm and found a room and called me to let me know they had a room.
Me and my staff travel to Cleveland often and this is now my hotel of choice because of the caring employees.
They actually want to help, rare.
Thank you for hiring them.

Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport. Your comments are valuable to us as they allow us the opportunity to commend those team members who consistently provide the highest level of service. Kalama and Kaylegh are truly an assist to our team and both were very thankful for your comments.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Michael L.
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel SEEMED ok as we walked in and looked around. Overall, the room and everything was didn't have too much light around. The first morning I woke up, there was Blood on my sheets! I didn't know this was a sure sign of bed bugs! We asked the staff to change the sheets and it took them three days to do so! When the bites showed up (because it takes days sometimes for a reaction to these EVIL bugs) we alerted the staff and two staff members came in and confirmed that these indeed were bed bugs. They offered our money back, and to stay in another room for free, but who in the world would want to stay in ANY room there after being eaten night after night by these bugs! They could be anywhere there! The reaction to these things were so bad, I had to go to the ER. I've called to tell the manager several times and they have brushed me off and could care less about the HELL my family and I have gone through for over two weeks now from these things biting us! Wherever you do, do NOT stay here!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Srichardson15
CPMike, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Srichardson15,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent experience at our facility. Your comments are valuable to us and allow us the opportunity to review our operation and ensure all procedures are being followed.

We understand that there was a potential concern that you may have encountered during your visit. I have taken this opportunity to fully review the incident, and as we had discussed over the phone, all training procedures were followed by our team during your stay. Each room attendant, supervisor, and member of management receives extensive training on how to detect this type of issue and how to handle it if it were to occur. While the chances of an occurrence are extremely low, we realize there is a potential with the high volume of visitors at any hotel. Our team visually checks for any signs while servicing every room on a daily basis. In the extremely rare occurrence that any potential evidence is found, the room is immediately placed out of service and an outside exterminator is contacted for verification. No room is placed back in service until the 3rd party has signed off indicating that a thorough inspection has been completed and no activity is found. As we had discussed in your case, two different exterminators were contacted and both were unable to find any evidence in the room in which you occupied. The first exterminator was contacted the day of your checkout and found no evidence. Following the second conversation with you and your family the decision was made to call another exterminator for a second opinion. The results of this inspection also showed no evidence of this occurrence. Furthermore, a detailed review of our indecent records have shown no other guest concerns regarding this incident prior to or following your incident.

Our top priority is to provide each and every guest with the highest level of guest service and provide a comfortable stay. I apologize you feel this did not occur during your recent visit. As a courtesy while we completed our investigation our management team did fully refund your employee rate.

Michael L
Carmel, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Comfortable beds,bathroom a bit tight but very clean place. Restaurant had great food with good service. Met friends for dinner and were able to sit and talk for almost 3 hours, no one rushed us. Close to highway, easy on, off .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My only negative here is that a Saturday evening wedding monopolized all the good parking spaces, but the hotel itself got very high marks in all categories. My husband hates noise, so he requested a room with little chance of running kids, or partying neighbors. We were given a room on the floor most used by flight crews for the same reason, and we had a perfectly quiet evening, despite the big wedding going on downstairs. The rooms were immaculate, and had every amenity (except a refrigerator) - really comfy beds and pillows, in-room coffee service and even some special toiletries that you don't often see. Staff was courteous and friendly, and there was a lovely pool and spa for my son and husband to enjoy. Priceline got us the room at under $70, which was a great value. Onsite restaurant is a plus as well.

Room Tip: Talk to the desk about what will make your stay most comfortable - especially if noise is an issue.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had the most important race of my career on Sunday July 28th at 10:15. I wanted to get a little extra sleep. Now the morning before that (Saturday July 27th) I had asked for a wake up call at 7am or so the evening before because my race on Saturday was at 8:45 am.

I feared that the front desk had not cancelled my request. So I called Sat evening and specifically said "cancel the wake up call...do not wake me on Sunday". Well they did and ruined my sleep. I'm not saying I didn't win the National Championship because of that, but it didn't help, and it's most likely my last shot ever at that for a number of reasons going forward. So I was pretty upset and let the front desk know about. I feel that I should have been given a full day's refund, but was not.

I'm not a complainer in general, but this really messed up my chance at something that was very important to me and for which I had been preparing quite a while.

On another note...the air conditioner was very loud and hard to control. The water pressure in the sink was not strong enough to shave with, but the shower was strong and one of the best ever in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Jack K,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

I am sorry to hear your troubles with our wake up call. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and regret the negative experience this has caused you.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M