“Rude staff”

Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Avondale, Arizona
“Rude staff”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I'm a flight attendant for a major airline. I know the company pays for our rooms but the front desk could at least be polite. Stayed on 27th Dec 2012. I know from working in the customer service industry you always greet & pay attention to your guest. You don't act like your put out when you see us & talk down to us.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
GREEN COVE SPRINGS
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at a crowne plaza, nothing impressive would probably compare it to a low budget hotel like a best western. You could definitely tell it was an older hotel, definitely a little rough around the edges. The staff was unimpressive, not friendly I would even go add far as saying they acted like snobs. We had a double room with 3 adults and a child and they only gave us 2 towels, we stayed a total of three days and everyday we had to ask them to bring us more towels. Which I thought was pretty stupid if top pick up 4 dirty towels leave 4 clean ones.

Overall unimpressed and will probably not stay at another Crowne Plaza in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear BECKY H,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry our hotel fell short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured that these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Celina, Ohio
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I booked and paid for two rooms at the Crown Plaza Cleveland Airport through Expedia. Upon check-in, the clerk asked for a credit card (nothing unusual, since most hotels do so to cover additional expenses or damages), but the clerk then quoted me the price for the two rooms. I explained to her that I had booked and paid for the rooms online already, which she checked on and agreed that I was right. After the trip, I found that I had been charged both by Expedia and then by the hotel! Expedia contacted them and the manager promised a refund...but none ever came. I'm still in the process of disputing the charges with my credit card company.

Beyond that, while staying at the hotel, we asked the desk clerk if the hotel shuttle was available to take us to a local attraction. This is a normal service for pretty much any hotel with a shuttle service available, but we were told that the shuttle was only to go back and forth from the airport. When I then asked that the clerk call us a cab, she acted if we were inconveniencing her. At least she actually called...

The room itself was unimpressive. The bathroom in particular was in need of an update, with water stained wood around the sink and what appeared to be spots of mold on the black marble around the tub. The two rooms, which were booked at the same time and were supposed to be of the same quality, didn't even have the same contents, with one having a fridge and the other without one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Based on the reviews here, I wasn't expecting much. The staff was very friendly ad my room was spotless. Bed linens were clean and comfortable and the hotel was very quiet over night. The bathroom was quite small and crowded, but clean.

Ordered the turkey burger from room service and it was delicious and came with homemade potato chips. Yum!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dayton
Reviewed November 15, 2012

For business, I always prefer to stay at places like the Crowne Plaza, Marriott and its many brands, Embassy Suites, or similar hotels. Ordinarily when I'm in the Cleveland area I stay elsewhere, but to "change it up" I decided to stay at this hotel during my latest trip.

My guestroom and the bathroom were extremely clean and nicely done. Carpet and bedding appeared nearly new, and the tile in the bathroom sparkled. The proximity of the hotel to my place of business is less than a one minute drive, which was very convenient. The rate of the Crowne Plaza was lower than I expected, and certainly lower than where I usually stay. Internet worked well and I experienced no problems. I found the staff to be friendly in all respects.

Bathroom is small and laid out a little oddly. The shower was difficult to reach because the toilet was in the way. I have MS and could've requested more suitable accommodations, but I try to leave those for people who need the accommodations more than I. It would be nice if the hotel would update the TV Stations Guide, because it wasn't accurate. But that's not a major thing.

I'll likely stay here again in the future. The pros outweigh the cons by far, and it's worth the value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Any wone who disagress with this review, has low standrars and is problaby a truck driver or cigarette smoker.

This hotel sucks with a capital S. The ENTRANCE to the hotel is a smoking area, the side door is a smoking area, the back door is a smoking area The employees stink and smoke. The employees are the worst and the stupdiest redneckd and gheto blacks ai habve ever run into at; The Asst. General mgr is the epitome of trailer trash .
Keeping my fingers crossed that soome cigarete smoking bum burns the hotel along with the employees .

The shuttle drivers are smokers and with ROTTEN teeth! The grounds keeper stinks, the elevator stinks of ash trays and the room telelphone wirers were broken. The ice machine had a plastic gove in it. Someone dropped a plastic glove and it was not taken out til Monday.
The bar was always with stinking cigarette smokers, The parking lot has big trucks like a motel 6.

Room Tip: Choose the Sheraton, right at the airport.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear franbeard,

Thank you for taking the time to write our property a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that on this day we were not able to be at par with your expectations especially with the service that you received from our staff and the room accommodations you were given did not live up to promise. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ohio
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The highlight of this hotel had to be the staff. Everyone had a smile on their face and Irish, who works at the bar in Bucci's, the hotel restaurant, is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. The rooms were nicely appointed with flat screen televisions and modern decor. The bathrooms were also very clean. The location is convenient and there are several restaurants within close range to which the hotel can shuttle you.

My only complaint is that the beds were a little on the hard side and slightly uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business