Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
San Francisco, CA
“5 Star Hospitality!”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My 79 year old husband and I had to travel from Las Vegas to Cleveland for a very difficult family funeral. The people at Hampton Inn Suites in Middleburg Hts could not have been more wonderful to us. David Bryan who runs this facility is a consummate professional. They already knew we were coming in for a funeral and made sure we were taken care of and even showed up at our door with flowers to show their condolences...have you ever been to a hotel that did this? All the staff was fabulous, great breakfast, very nice hotel and accommodations.

We highly recommend this hotel and will stay again the next time we are in Cleveland.

Thank you to David and his crew!

Gerry & Fred Cultrona

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We were checked in by a very surly desk clerk. I asked a few questions about the room I was to be staying in and was met by very terse replies. He seemed like he was in a big hurry to get us checked in and get back to the call he had (which bthw appeared to be a private call). We went to our room and the beds were nice and cozy but there was no fridge. Very upsetting no to have a little fridge when traveling with a cooler and wanting to freeze ice packs. There was also some type of icky black mark in the marble of bathroom sink. We went to bed and were awakened at 4 am by someone trying to get into our room! At the same time the phone rang! At 4 AM! My husband opened up the door to find people with luggage who claimed that it was their room and the door was giving them the green light so they could get in. The only reason it didn't work was because the door was deadlocked. We were traveling with my eight year old son too, I am glad all the commotion did not awaken him, or scare him either. I could not fall asleep after all of this and felt terrible the next day. I informed the day clerk what happened and she looked shocked and told me the night would be credited back to my card. I then went back to the room and the card wouldn't work for my room and then I had to go back and tell her and she had to fix it again so it would work. Luckily we were checking out that day so I could leave this hellish experience behind. If a hotel cannot provide a safe and restful nights sleep what good is it? Big thumbs down!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 3, 2010

This hotel was really set up nice and looked good. Our family needs to room of a suite and it worked well for us. The staff provided good service and the food was good as typical for Hampton Inn. The internet access was strong and dependable.

Our negative came in room maintenance. We had several items in our room that needed maintenance work that I think should have been cared for as part of preventive maintenance so that we wouldn't face them. They included things like broken ironing board, AC that we couldn't control temperature, phone message system not working. These didn't equate to a bad experience for us but they weren't cared for. The front desk staff responding appropriately when I reported the problems.

I'd return to the hotel if staying in the area again.

This was easy to access from 80.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
bROOKS kY
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We were traveling due to a death in the famliy. We had to attend a funeral early in the morning. Our family was staying at the hotel and had (according to them) negotiated a rate of 85 a night. We checked into the hotel, which was close to the funeral home, around 1230 or 1 am, after driving 8 hours. We checked in to the only thing available (per the desk) a double smoking room. The room and the entire floor smelled of musty smoke. We didn't care as we just wanted a place to rest our heads. We got to the room, which also smelled, only to find that the phone did not work, and the alarm clock radio did not work either. Rather than call the front desk, we just called from our family from my cell and set the alarm on my cell to wake us up the next morning. Again, as a reminder we had been driving straight for 8 hours and it was past 1 am at this point, the funeral was at 10 am them following morning. We woke up, got a shower, the water pressure was lacking, but at this point, it really didn't matter. We went to the lobby to eat and were met with rock hard biscuits and waffles that were rubbery once cooked!? The little lady who was fixing the food even mentioned that the biscuits are always that hard, that we could try to microwave them to make them a little softer. Upon arrival back into our room to get dressed we found the checkout bill, 160.00 for the less than 6 hours we had spent in the hotel. My husband went to the desk to negotiate, as we were tight on funds, as this was a unexpected death and we were not planning on traveling. The girl at the desk negotiated a rate of $99. She said that was the best she could do, or we could speak with the manager when he got in. At this point, we were running behind, and had to get to the funeral, so we left and paid the bill with my debit card.
Once we were done with the funeral and wake, we were on our way home, stopped for gas, only to find that we had no money, as the hotel had placed 180.00 on hold from our account, as that was the original amount. I called the desk and she told me there was nothing they could do as this was my banks problem. It was late, and my bank was closed and I was stuck in Northern KY with no gas! I had to call family members to have them transfer funds to my account online so that we could make it the rest of the way home. I called the manager the next morning and only got that they could call my bank, but otherwise their hands were tied. Honestly, had I known that they would keep 180 on hold we would have slept in our truck and showered in my motherinlaws room the next morning. The hotel was definately not worth the money that we had to pay. No phone, no water pressure, no clock radio and icky breakfast. Maybe we just got there on a bad day, however I am not a picky person, so for me to be displeased is rare. My husband has been in the service industry for years, and I know that if it were his customers he would want to know, so that is why I am writing this review.
I will however say that the beds.....THE MOST comfortable I have ever slept in! Go figure! :-)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
DavidBryant-GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
I most certainly apologize on behalf of the hotel. I fully recollect speaking with you regarding challenges you experienced with your credit card and followed up with your financial institution to have them immediately release any over authorized charges posted due to our error. \

It had to be a difficult time for you and your family and absolutely our goal should have been to provide you with an outstanding service experience.

Due to your challenges I would be more than happy to extend to you and your family a complimentary stay at any or lovely Hampton properties or within our management portfolio at your convenience.

I most certainly appreciate your business and no how stressful things must have been for you and your family.

Please free to contact me @440-234-0206 x454. Again we do appreciate your business.
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed June 3, 2010

This review is solely going to be about their customer service. I did not personally stay at this hotel so I cannot speak to the property itself. I book rooms for a college athletic department and I send our teams to dozens of hotels a year. I made reservations for this hotel almost a full 9 months in advance - a block of 17 rooms. Once the reservations were made, I contacted the hotel via phone and email 5 times to ask for a confirmation, never once receiving a thing. The Sunday prior to the team's arrival, the coach contacted the hotel, talking to the general manager, only to hear that there was no reservation for the team. I then personally called the manager and had him call the sales manager at home. She assured me the reservations were there. Three more times on Monday I contacted her for a confirmation and finally received one!

Once the team arrived at the hotel and checked in, the coaching staff found out from the desk staff that the team's reservations were for a day less than what I had booked - even though they had a confirmation finally from the sales manager. The managing staff never appeared or responded to the coaches once while they were there. The managers abandoned their desk staff, leaving them to punt (which I hear the desk staff was very nice and gracious, even though they were stuck in a horrible situation). They did allow my team to stay but they ended up taking rooms away from another school who had also done a large group reservation ahead of time.

I'm not sure what was going on behind the scenes at this property that was causing such confusion and why there was ZERO communication. Like I said, I book dozens of large, group reservations a year and have never had a problem like this. I will never use this hotel again for a group reservation when I have teams that travel to Cleveland. The host school was also made aware of these problems so they may or may not recommend this property again when they host events.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
nina320, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights, responded to this review, June 5, 2010
I would like to apologize to you for the customer service you experienced when finalizing the details of your team’s visit to our hotel. We never want a hotel guest or a trip planner/coordinator, to ever experience anything but excellent customer service. We are currently transitioning to new management and with that, our number one goal is to provide every caller, guest, or in your case, team organizer, quality customer service and wonderful guest accommodations. I again would like to sincerely apologize for your experience and I will be contacting you shortly to discuss this.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 10, 2009

We were here for a family gathering......they allowed early check in which was nice. Had a nice eating area/lobby with large TV that got alot of action with Saturday football games. Rooms were clean but on the small size. Our room had a nice flat screen tv but room across the hall that other family members had did not. Our beds were rather soft and we woke up with back aches. Exhaust fan would have been nice and bathrooms in the double bed rooms were small while the king bed rooms were more generous.

Pool area was clean and maintenance man was working hard to clean up after weekend soccer teams staying at the hotel and tracking in mud on cleats.

Evening desk clerk wasn't as helpful. Asked for corkscrew/bottle opener and he didn't have one. Then later asked for scissors to cut a piece of paper and he said he didn't have those either??!!

Breakfast was nice. No complaints there. Lots of eating places nearby too- many within a short walk.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2009

The staff was friendly and quick at check in. No issues with the room, clean, quite, and dark at night. The breakfast was good as always and the staff was attentive to my needs. I would stay here again in I get back to the area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middleburg Heights Cleveland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middlebur...
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#7 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airp...
#3 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport - Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport -...
#5 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights

Property: Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Address: 7074 Engle Rd, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130-3423
Location: United States > Ohio > Middleburg Heights
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Middleburg Heights
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights 2.5*
The Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport/Middleburg Heights is conveniently located near both the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport and the I-X Convention Center. Our hotel has 97 guestrooms, suites and accessible rooms to accommodate all of your traveling needs. In addition to the free hot breakfast, fresh Hampton Bed and free high speed internet in every room, our hotel proudly offers the 100% Hampton Guarantee on every stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn And Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights Hotel