Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights and the entire hotel was super. The entire staff were friendly and professional. The were extremely helpful and went out of their way to accomodate our party. I will stay here agin when in this area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have to wonder if my expectations were too high based off my visit just a little over 3 months ago. After posting a glowing review, I really hate that I have to complain about this stay. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g50651-d122197-Reviews-Hampton_Inn_and_Suites_Cleveland_Airport_Middleburg_Heights-Middleburg_Heights_Ohio.html
We were greeted by a front desk clerk who could not have been less enthusiastic to be charged with welcoming guests. My license was beyond scrutinized, and with raised eyebrows which was really quite rude (has there been a problem with security at the hotel?) I am who I say I am and there was no reason presented to make her feel differently. I had to overlook it though as we were anticipating our stay to be just as pleasant as our previous. I'm sad to say it wasn't. I could sense a difference in the level of cleanliness in the halls and elevator. Nothing awful, just not as clean as it was before. (I noticed what appeared to be a large piece of a chocolate chip cookie kinda smudged into the floor of the elevator - it was there for the duration of our stay). The room we were assigned to was just ok. Again, the level of cleanliness was not as high as in the past. Little things, like mold in the freezer of the mini fridge and a less than clean bathroom, were noticed as we went to use them. The bedsheets felt gritty when we retired for the evening... while I could not see anything when I looked a little closer, I felt like they weren't fresh. The worst part of our stay came when I went to take a shower. I noticed a used bar of soap in the soap dish, and 3 hairs in various places in the tub. It was not clean. Of course I noticed all this the instant I stepped under the stream of water and was already committed to taking the shower. It was awkward as tried to get clean while not touching the shower walls/curtain.
As for the previously yummy breakfast... this time it was just ok. The eggs were VERY DRY, the oatmeal was overcooked and gloppy, and the meat option was just weird (you might expect bacon or sausage, but polska kielbasa?!)
Overall I still give the hotel a rating of 'average' vs 'poor' as I realize I had super high expectations based on my last stay. Perhaps the fact that the hotel had been newly renovated as of that stay had a lot to do with the cleanliness (although 3 months to decline is awful quick). I also wonder if a change in management occurred in that short time. The staff were certainly not as friendly, and the common areas could have been better attended to.
So begs the question - do you, upon arrival, identify yourself as a previous guest who gave a 5 star review, in hopes of having them go that extra mile for you again? It seems a selfish thing to do, but at just under $140/night my expectations are justifiably high. I did not take the time to complain while on premises because my perception of the staff that were present was that they just didn't give a darn. I may give them one more chance if I'm ever in that part of the state again, although I may give my business to one of the many other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the elevator as possible. I learned the hard way that being close to...
1  Thank kpbry
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Renovated short time ago, reason for stay, very early flight the next day, hotel is close to airport. Rates not on high side but could be a little more reasonable. Room clean, but had a cigarette smell even though hotel has 100% non smoking policy. Check in after 5, front desk manager extremely friendly and helpful regarding resturants in area. Had reserved a king room close to elevator but the kings are all at other end of hotel so opted for a double Queen but had to pay more. You'd think that king rooms would be more, a little disappointed in that. LCD TV, all the channels & Internet as always is complimentary. Bathroom very small, turn around too quick and you'll fall into the tub! Left at 4:30am so no FBI, but did grab a to-go bag.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Wonderful facility. We have learned that Hampton Inns are usually great places. This is one of the best we've seen so far. The only negative was the breakfast service -- the crew that came in around 7:00 - 7:30 didn't seem able to keep up (they were cheerful and friendly but perhaps not sufficiently trained?). They allowed two coffee pots to become empty at the same time (and didn't notice until a guest tracked them down to report it) and didn't replenish other supplies in a reasonable time frame.

Room Tip: we had a special request we entered online and the reception staff honored it precisely as we had in...
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hampton inn went the extra mile by offering a managers party in the evening, similar to the Embassy Suites. Pizza, beer, wine and snacks. It was a clean hotel and the service was great.

We heard a noise in the bathroom and looked to see a huge amount of water comming from the ceiling over the tub. Security checked and the person above, forgot to put the shower curtain in the tub..LOL

I would stay here again

1  Thank fooddog
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just completed a one night stay. The hotel was just recently renovated. I mean everything is brand spanking new. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Free hot breakfast included eggs, omelet or waffles. Lots of additional cereals, muffins bagels, fruit, yogurt. Close to airport and interstate 71. About a 20 ride to downtown Cleveland.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bapeljagr
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My daughter was married last weekend and Hampton Inn handled the accomadations. Even though there were many mix ups and some people were not as pleased, I can honestly say that the staff treated me like a queen. I had called and needed an additional night that was scheduled and they took care of me, I didnt have to change rooms, they brought me a crib for my granddaughter and even allowed me to borrow two plants that I loved and wanted for the ceremony. My stay was perfect and I thank you, Cathye Williams. PS...There beds are great!

Room Tip: We had a suite,I personally think it is worth the extra money, espeically when traveling with family...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airp...
#3 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middleburg Heights Cleveland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middlebur...
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#7 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Courtyard Cleveland Airport South
Courtyard Cleveland Airport Sout...
#6 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights

Address: 7074 Engle Rd, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130-3423
Location: United States > Ohio > Middleburg Heights
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Middleburg Heights
Price Range: $93 - $141 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights 2.5*
The Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport/Middleburg Heights is conveniently located near both the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport and the I-X Convention Center. Our hotel has 97 guestrooms, suites and accessible rooms to accommodate all of your traveling needs. In addition to the free hot breakfast, fresh Hampton Bed and free high speed internet in every room, our hotel proudly offers the 100% Hampton Guarantee on every stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn And Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights Hotel