“Mixed Review”

Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport
“Mixed Review”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

On the surface the place was clean, but going into the loft we found tootsie rolls on the motor of the ceiling fan. The bathroom ceiling had some strange orange stuff on the ceiling and when we used the pull-out bed, there was food behind it and the mattress had these strange flakes on it and a staple sticking out of it. I had to rent a second studio suite and that room was very clean. I'm just wondering if the cleaning staff is going through the rooms doing superficial cleaning. xp

The front desk staff was wonderful, I can't say enough good things about the. They were very friendly and accomodating. I wanted to purchase a Dr. Pepper but all they had was Diet Dr. Pepper. The manager offered to send someone to the store for me to buy one which I did not take them up on. I picked out some ice cream instead and they gave it to me for free since they were out of the pop I wanted. I thought that was super nice and totally unexpected.

Breakfast buffet was really good too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
maddy0429, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for bringing to our attention the cleanliness issues associated with the penthouse suite you stayed in. We take these concerns very seriously and we want to thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we may address these issues and ensure that they are corrected. I am thrilled to here that you enjoyed our breakfast. I actually spoke with you at the end of your stay when we were out of your favorite drink. I am happy you enjoyed the ice cream on us as this was the least I could do given that we were out of a product we should have had in stock. Thank you again for your understanding and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I truly appreciate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Columbus
Reviewed July 6, 2012

During the recent power outage in Ohio, we stayed a night at the Residence Inn here. Got a great rate, although strangely we were looking at the price online while talking to the reservation person on the phone who couldn't match it. Told us to make the reservation online 'cause they couldn't beat it. Okay. Whatever.

Kind of a beat up, old fashioned RI, showing signs of wear and tear. We had the 2br penthouse and the bathrooms are kind of sad, but hey, they had hot water and a/c which is more than we could say for our house. Breakfast was good but packed full of weekend sports enthusiasts, but there is fairly ample seating. Would certainly stay here again under the circumstances but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us while you were displaced from your home due to a power outage. I understand you were in one of our Penthouse suites and I apologize as we are awaiting a renovation and I certainly understand your concerns with the hotel showing some signs of age. I hope that you enjoyed your stay as our guest. I understand you visited us during the week of Continental Cup which was a big sports event in the area so it was definitely a full weekend and breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We certainly want all of our guests to leave happy and with your feedback we can strive to be the best. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future shuld the need arise.
Reviewed May 15, 2012

While traveling to an Indians game, I stayed at this lovely hotel. Staff was extremely friendly, check in was a breeze. Nice location, ample parking.
The 2 bedroom was clean & spacious. The pool was well kept. This is what I've come to except while staying at a Residence Inn..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Our room was clean and large, with 2 queen sized beds and a sofa bed. The breakfast buffet was good, and if we are ever in the area again we wouldn't hestiate to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Puerto Rico
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The room was clean, the staff was very helpful when we ask for directions, breakfast and lunch buffet was good.

• Stayed December 2011
Ohio
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We've stayed in residence inn's many times, so we know the range of quality to expect. This was an older property and I was even told when I checked in that it was 29 years old. The rooms were more of a condo style accomodations. Although I was also offered the more traditional style in building near the rear of the property, we chose the condo style because it offered a fireplace and king bed. Our room was clean for the most part. There were a few lights that didn't work, and the mattresses definitely need updated. The bathroom/shower/toilet area was very cramped and we were barely able to open the door without hitting the toilet. We popped some of the popcorn that was provided in the room, but were unable to find a large bowl to put it in (as we normally find in residence inn kitchens). As always, we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet in the main lobby. It had a few items that we normally don't encounter, such as fountain drinks and breakfast sandwiches, so we were delightfully surprised. We would probably stay here again if needed, because of it's proximity to where we were visiting and the reasonable price. But I will be looking into other hotels in the area first. I personally just enjoy a newer hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Covington, KY
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This was my first stay at a Residence Inn. When I travel I look for these qualities in a hotel: free parking, free wireless internet, free breakfast, good reviews, and proximity to the places I want to visit. The Residence Inn in Middleburg Heights had 4 of these 5 qualities. There's ample free parking. The breakfast has many options to select from, is fresh, and there's plenty of seating. The wireless internet was good, if not super speedy. Reviews are generally good. But it's about a 20 minute drive into Cleveland. On New Years weekend traffic was fairly light but I don't think I'd like driving into the city during the week. But there are many other reasons for staying here. There's lots of room to spread out in. We had a room with 2 queen beds, a sofa (converts to a bed) and an easy chair in front of a gas fireplace, a full kitchen with a table large enough for 2 people with laptops to both work at and still have space. Our building was one of several condo-like buildings arrayed out from the main office and around a pool and tennis court. (The west wing is a 3-story brick building to the rear and side of the main complex.) The "condo" buildings are all 2-story, with outside entrances. There are 8 units per building (4 on each end). Our neighbors upstairs were heavy-footed but, fortunately, not late at night. We didn't hear any of our other neighbors. If you choose to use the kitchen to prepare meals but don't have time to shop you can leave a list with the front desk and they'll arrange for your items to be brought to your unit. There's a full-sized fridge & stove, a microwave and dishwasher, and the requisite coffee maker. The room had a large flat-screen TV which swiveled to face the couch area or the beds. The dressing area is good sized. The tub and toilet are separate but could use more space. The whole space felt like we were renting someone's condo. In other words, it was homey. I just wish it was closer to downtown.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank CovingtonCat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg Heights
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Westlake
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middleburg Heights Cleveland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middlebur...
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#7 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport - Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport -...
#5 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!