“Great Residence Inn Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport
Bowling Green, Ohio
“Great Residence Inn Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2007

This was our first time to stay at a Residece Inn, but the location was convenient for our purposes. We were quite satisfied with our stay here.

The major part of the property consists of separate buildings that hold a small number of living units (not sure how many). They looked very nice, but that's not where we stayed. There is a large building they call the "west wing" that hosts a number of suites on three floors. This is where we were assigned to stay. At first we were a little disappointed to be in this ordinary-looking building, but it turned out to be very nice. As we expected, the kitchenette contained everything you would expect if you are staying for several days. The suite itself was quite large and had plenty of room for spreading things out.

The king-sized bed was comfortable and the room has computer access, both wireless and wired, at no charge. Since we left our laptop at home this time, we used the computer in the business center for no charge.

The complimentary breakfast is quite good; both hot and cold dishes are served. The only slight complaint was that the oatmeal on the buffet was in a cooker but came out uncooked. It seemed to be hot; not sure what was the problem. The common areas are quite attractive and well kept.

On Monday through Thursday nights they have special social events for everyone staying at the Inn. They are all themed nights (taco night, chili night, etc.). It's a nice idea for when you're away from home for several days.

It's so nice now that Marriott properties have gone entirely non-smoking? There was no stench of cigarette smoke anywhere. This corporate policy has increased the likelihood of our staying at Marroitt properties when we travel.

Everyone we met at the hotel was very nice. We would like to stay here again sometime when we are in the area.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendliness
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank OhioRon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cleveland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2007

I'd been to this Residence Inn before and I was impressed by the beautiful, extremly large suites with fireplaces. When I was trying to find a place for my wedding party to meet prior to the big day, they came to mind because of the oversized suites.

I met with management at least 30 days before my wedding date. I reserved a rather large suite for myself as I was expecting 7-10 guests to join me for wine and finger food in celebration of my wedding. I reserved another suite for my husband-to-be for the same occasion.

There was a snow blizzard outside the day we arrived. Our guests were with us, we had several expensive cakes, wine and food in the car we were all really really cold, happy and looking forward to burning wood in the fireplace, sipping wine and laughing with our friends.

WELL! The front desk told me that my check was "out of bounds" I still don't understand what that meant. I had enough money in the account to book every room in the place for several weeks if I wanted, so what the heck did "out of bounds" mean? I asked this question to serveral clerks -none could give me any, i repeat ANY answer! Management was in the backroom pretending to be oblivous to the situation. The check was drawn on an account not more that 15 miles away!

The front desk people put on their screen saver faces and management was ineffective. Management suggested I use the ATM. Great idea, but the ATM will only allow very small withdrawel increments over a 24 hr time and they wanted us to pay for all 7 days for both rooms, in advance. The manager that I'd spoken with just 30 days earlier never mentioned this. I wanted to work it out with them, but I was so stunned by the horrible customer service that I was getting that my attention turned to just getting my wedding party comfortable I was so upset and I would now leave asap.

I could hardly talk without crying and I have never cried in public before. All management could say was "we don't permit parties" I told them, I reserved these rooms 30 days ago, personally thru a manager, and I made it clear that the room was for our wedding party to meet prior to the wedding. Further, it is not as though we have a DJ. There are less than 10 women, sitting drinking wine and eating in a room large enough for 30+ people! I don't understand.

I stood there in the lobby, humiliated, embarrassed, angry, hurt... My wedding party stood at the door, frozen. The front desk people stood around doing absolutely nothing. I wanted to turn around and leave. But my wedding party had driven 15 miles in a heavy blizzard and the roads were covered with snow.

My husband's best man just happened to have a credit card and he put the rooms on his account. We went to our suites. By now, my mood was sour as you can imagine. The room was not prepared for this event. They went to no measure at all to acknowledge our happy occasion. When I first entered the suite, I noticed that the electrical wires dangled bodly out of the sockets in the kitchen. A slight annoyance compared to what I'd experienced in the lobby moments before.

Solemly, us ladies sat around (there were about 5 of us) sipping wine. My guest were no longer in a good mood. I cut the cake and warmed the food -they weren't in the mood.

The ladies left a couple hours later. In the morning, my husband -to- be appeared at the door to help me repack the food. We weren't staying there another night -that was out of the question. It was approxamently 9 am. We were in the living room, hugging talking about our future together when some guy appears at the door. He's from the main office, here to inspect the room and to find out just when we would be leaving.

It's now my wedding anniversary. I can tell you that I think of it every year about this time and I feel like crying all over again. I remember calling the corporate offices, no response. Not until I wrote the BBB did I get a call from some unapologetic women within their corporate offices who yelled at me on the phone. Every year, when my anniversary nears, this is what i think of...

and no matter how hard I try, and I do try, I can never forget that evening...

• Liked — Big Rooms
  • Disliked — Worst customer service ever.
  • Stayed December 2003
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank choirgirl3
Columbus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2007

The staff at this hotel is excellent! Very friendly, always service with a smile, and happy to answer any questions. Diana was the one who always checked me in, and she always remembered me, and that I liked the studio with a fireplace. Her acknowledging me by name each week, made me feel very comfortable, and welcomed! The location of the hotel is convenient to the interstate, and the town has everything you need from shopping, restaurants, and other suburbs just minutes away! The rooms were very clean, which is very important to me. I didn't freak out if I forgot to put my slippers on to walk across the room. They gave you new soap everyday also, where some hotels do not. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Liked — the refrigerator, fireplace and comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Having to do an upstairs accomodation for a week. I would rather be on ground floor.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Girlfriend2u
Collegeville, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2006

I stayed at the Residence Inn Cleveland Airport on 8/19-8/20/06 while enroute from the Philadelphia area to Chicagoland. Although this property appears to be one of the older Residence Inns, it is as well kept & well maintained as all of the others I've stayed in over the years. The hotel is in a very convenient location less than 2 minutes from I-71 & only about 5 from the Ohio Turnpike (I-80/I-90). Although it is also not too far from the Cleveland/Hopkins Airport, noise from airplanes was not an issue. As mentioned by several other TA reviewers, there are several restaurants within walking distance, as well as a K Mart. I had absolutely no problems with the staff or accomodations here. While I was only there for the one night, I will definitely keep the Residence Inn Cleveland Airport next time I happen to be in the Cleveland area.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Nothing worthy of mention!
  • Tips/Secrets — Nearby K Mart is convenient for stocking up on necessities!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank MichaelBug
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2005

I stayed at the Residence Inn on a four day business trip to Cleveland. The property was very clean and everything was in good working order. Breakfasts in the clubhouse were good and the after work social hour snacks were substantial enough to serve as a light meal. The hotel is in a good location - right off the interstate with a selection of restaurants within walking distance.

I would have rated the Residence Inn at five stars except for two annoyances - 1. No History Channel on the TV selection (my favorite way to pass an evening on the road - Yes I know that I need to get out more!) and 2. Pillows that were the size and thickness of a postage stamp. If you're not a history nut and you don't care about big fluffy pillows, you'll be a happy camper. Even without the pillows, this hotel is still a pretty good deal.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank DaveOK
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2004

Stayed here July 29 - Aug 1, 2004. Travelling with 3 kids is always a task to find a place that provides enough room for everyone. We found the rooms here to be nice with a full kitchen and refrigerator. Small sofa that pulls out into a double bed was adequate for the smaller kid(s) but would not recommend for an adult. Free high speed internet access was a big plus for me. The kids enjoyed the pool and the paddle court/basketball court. Room had a gas fireplace that was on a timer so you didn't have to worry about turning it off. It rained while we were there so we did use it one night. Only one tv in the room, but then again we weren't there to watch tv.

There is a full service laundry room open 7/24. Wash and dry loads are at $1 each. We used the facility and found it to be very accomodating. The room rates included a free hot breakfast. This was great for the kids as it had pastries, cereals, bagels, hot oatmeal, and waffles. No meats served other than scrambled eggs. Juice, coffe and milk were available as well. Again, for a breakfast it was great for us because our kids enjoy what they served.

Check in went very well and the staff was very accomodating. We showed up at 11am and our room wasn't ready. Came back at 2pm and they were set to go. There are several family restaurants in the area: Friendlies, Bob Evans, Perkins, and Olive Garden to name a few. Front desk does sell water, sodas, etc. at reasonable prices.

Access on/off the I-71 freeway was very easy. Noise from the interstate didn't seem to bother us.

This was the second time we have stayed here (1st review) and would definitely do so again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Dodge, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2004

I recommend this hotel. Close to the interstate and is in a good neighborhood. Our room was clean and kept up. It had a fire place and a kitchen. There is a pool, tennis court, and a basketball hoop. You can borrow tennis items and a baketball from the office. The only complaint is that the bathroom is tiny. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2004
3 Thank Romans8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Westlake
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#5 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport - Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport -...
#3 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Middleburg Heights
Extended Stay America - Clevelan...
#10 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!