“They like everything big here, take a healthy appetite!”

Kreimer's Bier Haus
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Miamitown
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just ate dinner here last night with friends. We ate outside in the add-on new area. Got there about 6:30 and they were hopping. Both parking lots were full. We did the call ahead seating, not sure why it was still a 40+ minute wait. They take reservations but only for 10 or more. I don't mind waiting, it seems the norm. Anyway, 3 of us got the steaks, they were huge! Mine was the blue cheese topped. wouldn't order that topping again. Way toooo much bl. cheese & it was not broiled like menu said. it just made the steak salty and I didn't like the type bl/ cheese they used. Two others had bourbon glazed, again too much sauce on top, ask for toppings on side. I like to taste the meat. Cooked good, good sirloins. Baked potatoes with every meal, seemed like they had been done in advance and kinda like a left over flavor. Hint. Send a spy to Wendys' for their secret fluffy baked potatoes recipe. Something about how they are baked. salads were good, I and a friend got the hot slaw. it was different. Kinda like a sweet sour crispy cabbage with broth & soft pork bits on top, Not my fave but when I looked up recipes on internet never saw this version. I think I can do better making my own. The pork bits or suppose to be bacon on top needed to be crisp! Everyone had crisp salads and I felt like I had cabbage soup. My son had the reuben could only eat half, said it was great. it looked good, very thick with meat. nice swirled german rye bread not toasted in all that buttery grease most places do but served fresh & soft. To each his own. I think this place could serve smaller portions and still charge the same prices. Just a few tweaks that came across as old fashioned and old fogey. The pewter salad plates, the bake pot & veggie on every dinner. Just bring a little youngness to this menu. Of course the guys loved it. Great beers, large mugs. Our waiter was great, great service. Would like to go back when other outdoors part open. Was fun & different.

1  Thank jlbMiddletown_Ohio

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Known for their steaks and the German food looked good. Reasonable pricing. Really well decorated. On the Great Miami River. Several outdoor fire pits/fireplaces. Several outdoor bars that are open at certain times. Call and check. Mini village out back next to the river. If I was local, I'd be here all the time.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went here on a date night with my husband. We had never been here before but had heard good things from family and friends. When we arrived, there was a 45 minute wait.....it was a Saturday night so we were kind of expecting a wait. The hostess told us we could wait in the outside beer garden for a drink and appetizers. I recently had ankle surgery and the walk down to the beer garden was down a paved hill but it worked out. We got a couple of drinks and the famous pretzels and sat outside. The pretzels were AMAZING and the outside environment was nice. We could see the river and there was a small band playing. We only spent ten minutes out there before they told us that our table was ready. Our server's name was Nick and he was friendly, attentive, and gave all around great service. My steak was huge!! However, I ordered it medium well and the steak was soo huge that it couldn't possibly be cooked medium well (but the outside was really good). So order something else if you like medium well or well done steaks. My husband got a German dish consisting of bratwurst. He enjoyed it but could not finish it because it was so much food. Overall, a good experience and we will return. Definitely, try the pretzels and beer cheese!!!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

About 22 of us went to Kreimer's for dinner after my son's graduation. We had called several days ahead of time to let them know we would be there and they were very accommodating. They had us all seated in the same area of the restaurant and the service was top-notch. The pretzels and fried pickles were excellent, and everyone seemed to enjoy their food. I had the Reuben and it was very good. My son had a slab of ribs and said they were great. I've been there many times over the years, and sometimes it's been good, while other times it's been, well, less than great. This time, however, they hit the mark perfectly.

My reason for not giving a perfect rating? To be honest, I think the place needs a really good cleaning and some repair work done. It seems a bit on the shabby side.

1  Thank Linerguy
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Forget the german food, the Steak is out of this world! Dark Ale beer was phenomenal! Great prices! Decor kinda odd, but who cares when food is this good!