“Nice Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Richmond, United States
“Nice Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a soccer tournament. Everything was great. The room was very clean and comfortable. The AC had a continuous fan instead of turning on and off. The property is kinda hard to get to, but is very close to the mall and other places to shop and eat. Overall, we had a great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hebrew first
Sonoma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

As a long time Marriott member I have stayed in numerous properties but this one was as pleasant as could be! Very clean, staff was exceptionally accommodating, updated bistro was great for light meals, snacks, coffe, wine. Bed and room were updated and very comfortable, good workout room and indoor pool and hit tub. Staff and mgt deserve kudos!

Room Tip: Courtyard facing room if available.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Terre Haute
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed here for two days in June for work and was very pleased with my stay. The hotel was very modern and fresh on the inside. Check in was easy and unproblematic. The front desk staff were pleasant and efficient. There is a big touch screen in the lobby that had all kinds on information and was useful in locating restaurants for dinner. The rooms were spacious, modern and clean. Basic WiFi was free, but a more advanced connection was about $5/day. A doem size fridge was available and my room had a small balcony--but no chairs. My view was not that impressive. The beds were comfy and my room was quiet despite being next to the ice machine. The flat screen TV was nice.
Breakfast is available in the lobby from the small cafe complete with Starbucks coffee. The breakfast was not continental nor was it complimentary. It took a while to be served, but that may have been due to the fact that there was a group of us. However, the cafe staff were very friendly and took care of our requests efficiently.
I did not use the excercise room nor the pool as there just wasn't time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here 1 night in June. Upon pulling up, the exterior wasn't anything spectacular but from the minute I walked in the front door I was impressed. The service was great, the staff was super nice and welcoming. I really loved the fresh and modern lobby as well.

The rooms were also up to date, I would say even nicer than most Courtyards I have stayed at in the past several years.

All of my standard requirements were exceeded which are: good internet speed, clean rooms, soft beds, good water pressure, and pleasant service.

I will certainly stay here again if I return to the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Belleville, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My stay at the Courtyard was fabulous! Beautiful, modern interior, clean. The manager (Steve) in the Bistro dining provide great customer service. By the way, the hotel serves STAR BUCKS coffee 24hrs- only for guest. Looking for a great hotel stay experience - Courtyard Dayton South Mall is a must! My thanks go to Guest Service and Bistro Dining team

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Probably one of the best hotels in the area.
Close to the mall, 2 minute drive.
Rooms very nice ,look renovated and clean,as well as spacious.
In room I had a small fridge and a coffee machine, thats it.
The rooms have a small balcony as well.

Staff was very nice, I sent a package from Amazon to hotel, and they brought it to my room.
Many places to eat in the area, try the bonefish grill (if you like fish).

Did not try the breakfast so I cannot comment on it.

• Stayed May 2013
Naperville, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

First let me say we always stay at Marriott hotels. The only good thing about this one is the bed. It was fantastic. Other than that the rooms remind me of a made over Holiday Inn. The towels were so thin and no longer absorbant they needed changing a LONG time ago, the bathroom floor was dirty, the walls and doors are so thin you could hear everything in the hall. We went down for breakfast in the morning and there was no line. We ordered 3 coffees and 3 ham egg and cheese crossaints. $32.00 later we had to wait 30 minutes for our food. The manager was trying to help but there was no organization there. This property should not be in the Marriott chain. We expect more and that is why we pay more than other area hotels. Shame on the Marriott name.

Room Tip: Stay at another location in the area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Eyvette F
Bob T, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton South/Mall, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered while our guest. Thank you for your comments about how fantastic you thought our bed was. It is very important to be able to get a good nights rest. We have many compliments about our beds being so comfortable. I have personally spoken to our housekeeping department and our restaurant staff about your concerns. I hope that on your next visit to the area you will stay with us , so we will be able to show you that we continue to make improvements. Thank you again for your feedback and hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South

Been to Courtyard Dayton South/Mall? Share your experiences!