“May be the best ribs I ever ate!”

Bullwinkle's Top Hat Bistro
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Miamisburg
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Visited Bullwinkle's for the first time. May be the best ribs I ever ate. My husband had the pulled pork and it was also delicious. Fries nice and crispy...just like I like them and the cole slaw was better than most.

We will definitely go back again.

There are newer reviews for Bullwinkle's Top Hat Bistro

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Bullwinkles has something for everyone. Half bar and half restaurant, their food is excellent. I always get the ribs, mainly the rib basket. The red skin potatoes make the meal delicious. They use a sauce called 'Q' sauce on the ribs. Makes you want to lick the bones clean! Even the children find lots on the menu. With plenty of free parking, you are sure to have a great time.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We visited Bullwinkles for a late lunch on a Sunday afternoon. We decided to eat in the Bar as it has a nice funky decor (signed dollar bills from hundreds of previous patrons), TVs and comfortable seating.

The specialty is ribs, but we chose other things. I had the spicy chicken sandwich with coleslaw and corn chowder soup. My wife chose their special beef tips. Both were great. On the "barfood" scale the food is a "10" and at least a "8" against other good restaurants.

Our service was very good but the bar was not crowded. Free popcorn is available all the time.

We will go back again.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

My wife and I go to Bullwinkle's whenever we're in the mood for ribs (which are fall off the bone). Great value. The service at the bar is consistently very good (plus we can watch whatever game is on TV (they have numerous TV's). Service in the dining area is usually "ok", not great.

Southwest grilled chicken salad is enormous and excellent. Atmosphere is "interesting" - see their web site. Definitely a local favorite, not for someone looking for a "chain" experience.

Reviewed April 14, 2011

Bullwinkle's bistro serves American food and on Wednesdays offers all-u-can-eat BBQ for around $21. The all-u-can-eat includes ribs, pulled pork, chicken and sides. I only ate the baby back ribs which had a nice spicy sauce, but weren't as tender as I'd hoped. The big beers were a little more than $6 and had about a liter of liquid (good value).

Unfortunately, the service took a dive. We made reservations for a group of 25, but the restaurant only assigned one server. It took an hour to place orders, less than an hour to get our food (which was fine) and a third hour to complete payment. Eventuallty the server gave up on divvying up the all-u-can-eat refills and created an ad hoc buffet at a nearby table. The restaurant lost track of who ordered what and the server spent considerable time reciting all 25 orders in detail both when the food arrived and when we paid.

Overall, poor handling for a large group with reservations.