“Good for the most part, good value”

Super 8 Miamisburg Dayton S Area OH
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I booked this for $49 a night for two nights on a travel website. For $50, you can't expect a five star resort, but you can have some minimum standards. It has to be clean, comfortable and safe. The hotel is adequate in these respects. I stay in a lot of hotels in the area when Iisiting my folks so I have a pretty decent survey of the area properties.

Location: A bit removed from the cluster of hotels around the Dayton Mall. Its just past the old Huffy Headquarters on Rt. 725.

Check in: Very fast. I did notify the hotel that I would be late due to flight delays. I got in about 1:30 AM and they were waiting for me and had a room ready.

One note: The front doors say that they are locked from 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM. I never observed that the doors were ever locked. I did go in an out after hours several times. However, the front desk is always staffed.

Room: For the most part, the room was fine. No outwardly obvious defects. The bathroom was fine and the little bit of grime on the tub surround and counters could be dealt with using a little bit of Comet and some elbow grease. TV is old but had a good selection of channels.

One complaint about the room. There are two chairs, one of which had some rather dubious stains and both of which had a slight odor which I can't place. I would recommend replacement.

They hotel offers a free breakfast which I did not have a chance to try. It also has free internet access which is comparable to some properties in the area.

The location is slightly inferior. But the hotel has interior corridors which places it ahead of several places in the Mall area. Overall, for $50 a night, I would say that the property is roughly comparable to other $50 rooms. It is inferior to other hotels charging $65 or more. So you have to decide whether you want to spend the extra $15.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed November 23, 2004

My fiance and I stayed at Wellesley Inn South Dayton around the 1st of November 2004 and were quite surprised how nice it was.
I am originally from the Dayton/Miamisburg area and knew that this motel was there, but never knew much about it. It is located a bit away from the area where most other motels are; However, it is a very safe neighborhood and I had no concerns in that regard.
I booked my stay on Priceline (my 1st Priceline experience), and this was the motel that I was assigned. Knowing little of it on my own, I visited Trip Advisor here and read the one review that was posted. After reading the other person's comments, I thought OMG!; I wish I had not used priceline..... since once you book on priceline that is what you get...... there is no changing it. Thankfully, the negative review I read, turned out to be just one person's bad experience I suppose. Funny how two people could stay at the same place and see everything so differently.
I would stay here again without a doubt. A stay here is similar in my view to a stay one would experience at a Hampton Inn.
Happy Traveling to you...George

4  Thank dayton_geo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Red Roof Inn Dayton South - Miamisburg
Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South-Austin Landing
Staybridge Suites Miamisburg
Staybridge Suites Miamisburg
#5 of 13 in Miamisburg
WoodSpring Suites Dayton South

Been to Super 8 Miamisburg Dayton S Area OH? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Miamisburg Dayton S Area OH

Address: 155 Monarch Ln, Miamisburg, OH 45342-3637 (Formerly Wellesley Inn)
Location: United States > Ohio > Miamisburg
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Price Range: $51 - $72 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Miamisburg Dayton S Area OH 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Super 8 Miamisburg Dayton S Area OH reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Miamisburg/Dayton s Area Hotel Miamisburg