“My overnight stay”

Super 8 Miamisburg Dayton S Area OH
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Not the cleanest or freshest looking/feeling but OK enough for 1 night I guess. Slept from about 11:30pm and woke up at 3am scratching my arm. BED BUG BITE. THERE WERE BEDBUGS between sheets on the bed I slept in with my 12 week old daughter. Couldn't tell before I went to sleep . I will NEVER stay at super 8 again or recommend it. In house service was OK except the lady treated me like I was lying . Called 1800 # and she was EXTREMELY RUDE had to request a supervisor multiple times before she transfered me

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AAA456, Manager at Super 8 Miamisburg Dayton S Area OH, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I am sorry to know that you were not satisfied with your stay here.We did our best to make you happy.We gave you a different room right away when you complained about bed bugs.Upon a check out you were still not happy and asked for a refund and we gave you a full refund.We had a certified pest control technician check the room the next day and they did not find any bed bugs.We have report from pest control company saying there were no bed bugs in that room.Once again I apologize for your inconvenience.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Certainly not luxury by any means but we needed two cheap rooms during a long drive. We checked in at midnight and were greeted by a friendly face. The rooms were fairly clean but were not new and you could see that repairs were done as cheaply as possible. We were only there for 7 hours so it was worth the inexpensive rate. However, don't expect anything fancy. Beds were small and somewhat uncomfortable. Didn't bother with the "breakfast".

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The room smelled!!! There was mold under the rim of the sink. It was visible when looking in the mirror. The ice bucket and plastic bag was dirty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Lutz, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Let me start by saying that for less than $50 per night, here are the positives that you get at Super 8: a good location, a supportive mattress, a decent shower, free continental breakfast, friendly proprietors and a fridge in the room. I travel extensively and completely understand that you can't expect The Westin for this price. I also have experienced enough other budget motels and hotels to know that inexpensive does not have to be this shabby.

The first thing that turned me off upon arrival was the cigarette smell in the hallway. They have put the smoking rooms on the left and non-smoking on the right. This is a poor way of segregating the odors. The room was just unclean. The linens and towels were old, thin and stained, needing replacement. Day-to-day housekeeping consisted of different towels and a fluff of the pillows. Even before our arrival, the carpet was not well-vacuumed. There were stains on the fabric of the chairs. The 'Aroma Elite' coffee maker provided in the bathroom (see attached picture) looked as though it has not been cleaned or even dusted since it was purchased from Hamilton Beach 10 years ago. The toilet steadily leaked and provided us with a constantly wet and moldy bathroom floor (second attached picture). In my opinion, this is something housekeeping would notice if they thoroughly cleaned the bathroom between guests.

We visit family in the Miamisburg area frequently and thought we'd give Super 8 a try due to past favorable reviews. We most likely will not return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Extended Stay America - Dayton - South
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Red Roof Inn Dayton South - I-75 Miamisburg
WoodSpring Suites Dayton South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg

Been to Super 8 Miamisburg Dayton S Area OH? Share your experiences!