“Surprisingly good”

Super 8 Miamisburg Dayton S Area OH
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Delta, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We've stayed here before and have been pleased, but this time we were disappointed. The sheets did not fit the bed & ended up sleeping on the plastic covered mattress, not very comfortable. First time using their accessible room,and the only thing that was accessible was the bar by the toilet. There were no bars in the tub, nor were there any safety strips in the tub. It was very difficult to step up into the tub without a grab bar,and slipping in the tub without any safety strips. And to make matters worse, the way the shower curtain was hung, it was impossible to close all the way, which meant there was a puddle of water on the floor, which became a safety hazard. Had it not been for my husband there to help me in and out of the tub, I either wouldn't have been able to take a shower, or would have fallen trying to take a shower. I certainly hope they will address these issues, but in the meantime I plan on stay elsewhere when we visit family in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Henderson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

The checkin agent was very friendly and accomadating. Breakfast had good choices. Very good value for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

The price is right and the staff is helpful and polite. Clean rooms, free breakfast and wifi, I'll be back...DID learn that you should book it yourself online or call directly to the site to make reservations, asked for a non smoking, got a smoking, but they were kind enough to fix it when I got there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank brendyb75
Plymouth, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was not sure what to expect for the low price, but I was suprised by the cleanliness and and staff hospitality. Thanks.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel is a member of CLC and also pet friendly so I picked it as a place to stay. When we checked in after a 13 hour drive, the desk clerk was unsure about how to use my CLC (corporate lodging card) and I had to go back to the front desk to sign more papers after getting to the room. When I went back to the front desk to sign the papers the desk attendant said "sign these they are your express checkout forms". He pushed the papers to me, I was attempting to read as I was signing, and he was steady pulling the papers from me. He appeared to be a little stressed due to other people waiting. After getting in the room my sister that was traveling with us who is allergic to bees and wasp was stung and had a reaction with no Epipen so we had to leave the hotel enroute to the emergency room. It was about 5 p.m. when we had to leave. I told the front desk clerk (KRISTINA) that we were leaving and our dog is not used to being left alone a whole bunch so she cries when we leave her normally for about 10 minutes or so. KRISTINA said that was fine and we left going to the emergency room leaving our miniature schnauzer in the kennel in the room. We had been gone for about 10 minutes when the front desk called to tell us that she was in the kennel crying and we had to come get her. I tried to explain to the front desk clerk (KRISTINA) that we were at the emergency room due to an allergic reaction and I would have someone over there in about 20 minutes that would be the soonest someone could be back there. KRISTINA was very rude and told me that someone had to come now because the dog was a nusance (very understandable) and then she proceeded to tell me "I do not have time for this" and would not let me finish explaining my situation to her. She told me that the paper I signed said that we could not leave the dog unattended but at no fault of anyone's but my own for not reading (very valuable lesson learned) it was a pet friendly form. She told me that they do not go by the form if the dog is not a nusance but in this case we had to come get her. I explained that we would have someone right there as soon as we could and it would be about 20 minutes and she continued to cut me off and talk over me and then hung up in my face. I have never in my life been treated so unprofessional at a business. When returning to the hotel 15 minutes later my husband went inside to find the dog had quit crying. My husband came back to the car and back to the emergency room he went. When we all returned that night we came back to the room exhausted to find hair in our beds and the sheets appeared to be dirty. After dealing with KRISTINA with the dog issue we could not handle anything else with the unprofessionalism and it was to late to check out and go somewhere else we were just to tired. We stripped the sheets and blankets off and used our own covers and pillows. The next morning we got ready to leave we found the iron did not work and had to go ask for another one from the front desk. We waited 40 minutes so in the mean time we tried other outlets thinking it was the outlet not the iron. There were several outlets in the room that did not work and while trying to find an outlet that worked in the room we discovered something molded (what appeared to be piece of meat) behind the dresser with bugs all over it. My husband picked it up with a bag and put it in the bottom of the trash bag and tied it up then removed it from our room. We checked out with that EXPRESS CHECKOUT and I can guarantee that we will never ever stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone!!! I have never in my life experienced anything like this and we travel all the time for business and pleasure!! VERY VERY DISSATISFIED!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
British Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

We were in the Dayton area for a wedding and picked this place since it was close to our friends neighborhood and the rate was lower than our other options. The staff we met were all nice, and let us check in early as soon as they had a room ready. Our room was a single King on the first floor. The room was spacious and the Wifi worked great. The mattress seemed new and firm (which we liked) but rubber liner under the sheet was unpleasant and hot. Our toilet didn't flush properly and there was water damage in the bathroom ceiling which l tried hard to ignore. Though our room was non-smoking every time we entered the hallway it stunk of stale smoke scent. The towels were old and scratchy. We'd try our luck at another hotel if we ever returned.

Room Tip: Our friends room on the 2nd floor seemed better. Ask for non-smoking if you're sensitive to smel...