“Better than expected”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Michigan
“Better than expected”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were on our way south when a huge storm came through and knocked down trees and took out power to a huge portion of Ohio in late June 2012. Since the traffic was still backed up and it was late we decided to pull off and find a place to sleep. We checked all the popular places but due to the lack of power in so much of the area they were all booked up. We traveled around until we found this place and while it appeared scary at first (you have to pick up the phone to be buzzed in) but quickly turned into a pleasant experience. The rates were really cheap, the staff friendly and the rooms were clean. While it is a bit dated all we really cared was that we had a bed for the night but it came with a mini kitchen, the shower had great pressure and the bed was comfortable. My wife & I were surprised and very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: The hallways did smell like cigarette smoke but the room didn't.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michigan_Family3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Booked this online sight unseen and got a great deal. Arrived expecting something a bit nicer than it turned out to be as the hotel doesn't look like anything special, but was pleasantly surprised by how clean the room was and the comfort of the bed. Bathroom was plain but very clean, lots of hot water and good shower pressure.

This is not a high or even mid-level hotel, very budget, very spartan, but clean and quiet, and conveniently just off the I-75. I got what I paid for, but I can't really find any fault with this hotel. Slept soundly and comfortably. Front desk service was fast and very friendly. Found no evidence of bed bugs in my room as I understand some previous guests had concerns about.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pete483
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

I had to stay there for an emergency I payed a week stay I have a close friend that delivers pizza to that hotel when I told him were I was staying he told me that a few week prior he went to a room down from were we was staying the person that was staying in the room just check in and was setting in the hall way waitn on his food cause his room was covered in bed bugs so I check bed for them well my box spring was cover I ask the night host what she could do about it she move me to the room right next door I talk to the manager in the morning he told me since I wanted to leave early cause of the bed bugs I would have to pay full price for the 3 nights I stayed there 39$ a night instead 23$ a night after we washed our laundry the night we found them after we moved out of there in our clothes so they were in the room they moved us to oh not to say the crack head next door wanting to borrow my car for them to go get there fix I rather sleep in a tent that has holes in the pouring rain. The slum of a hotel the manager is the owner Wat a piece of donkey poop

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank kornmeal
Melvin W, General Manager at Studio 6 Dayton South - Miamisburg, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Sir, (I say sir as I know exactly who you are)

You were removed from the hotel by force. Please do not attempt to slander the hotel due to your inability to pay for a room.

Thank you.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 25, 2012

To all of you who are putting this hotel down I advise you to get your facts right. This hotel, while it was not the Ritz by any stretch of the imagination, definitely met all of my needs and wants, and I have stayed here frequently over multiple trips to Dayton for my various business issues. I was impressed by its location near the Dayton Mall and all kinds of places for me to hang out. I was encouraged by the staff, one lady in particular, and their ability to cater to what I needed. And if they could not accommodate me, they showed me how to figure it out for myself. The rooms are spacious and comfy, although I will admit some of the floors need a visit by Stanley Steamer, but thats nothing compared to everything else.

I firmly stand by this hotel, its staff and its service, and I can not wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Rob J
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This place seems to be run by a bunch of individuals with no customer service skills. When I first arrived, I requested that they split my payments. I wanted to pay half the fee on my card and the other half in cash. They told me that if I did this, I would have to pay a $200 deposit. The man at the front desk then proceeded to ask me how much money I had in my wallet. After he continued to pry- asking me how much money I had at my disposal, I walked out.They were very rude. I don't reccomend this place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Julian K
Melvin W, Manager at Studio 6 Dayton South - Miamisburg, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Hello Julian K,

I want to apologize for the way you may have felt during the interaction with staff. Our policy is to collect a deposit if cash is used, no matter what type of card is used.

I believe the Guest Representative may have been under the impression that you did not have enough money to stay and asked how much you had on your person to see if there was anything they could have done, as we do understand the economic times we are in.

Again, we regret any negative feelings you had during this experience and do invite you to stay with us!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Not only were the soft mattresses torture devices, but the ENTIRE building smells like an ashtray. We booked and were supposedly placed in a non-smoking room (there was a sign on the door), but once we checked out and went to our next destination we discovered ALL of our clothes smelled. We had to take time away from our vacation to rewash everything. We will NOT be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hello APVisitor,

We regret you had such a negative experience with us, and I wish I would have known of your concerns as soon as you became aware of them thus we would have been able to accomodate you better.

I do hope you will allow us another time to show you how well our guests love to stay with us!
Roseville, Michigan
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I was in my hotel room walking back and forth when I stepped on the molding between living area and kitchen when a bed bug came out from under it. I called down to the front desk and told them, they didn't believe me. I instantly packed my things and left. I asked for a refund on my stay and was told that Terminix had to verify it was a bed bug first. It has been 5 days and still waiting to hear.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Melvin W, General Manager at Studio 6 Dayton South - Miamisburg, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Hello Cheri-st,

With all America we are very concerned with bed bugs and the epidemic it has now presented itself within the last few years.

Although there is zero way to prevent bed bugs anywhere, we do take it very seriously and I do apologize for any inconvienence this caused you.

I do want to invite you back whenever you are in the area to show you how well we can exceed your expectations. I also invite you to contact the GM prior to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South
Red Roof Inn Dayton South - I-75 Miamisburg
WoodSpring Suites Dayton South

Been to Studio 6 Dayton South - Miamisburg? Share your experiences!