“Cross Country tour Day 1”

Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
NJ
“Cross Country tour Day 1”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is a serviceable Hotel that was good for an overnight stay. After travelling 625 miles from my start so it was time to stop. The room was nice and the bed was extremely comfortable. There was an outdoor pool and I believe there was an exercise room (which I did not use). A popcorn machinwe in the lobby was a nice touch. I would not make this a place to stay multiple days but it was a comfortable night's sleep. Breakfast was two different cereals some breads and danish with hard boiled eggs and biscuits and gravy. If you are looking for something to do there , forget about it. It was a trifle boring.

Room Tip: There is a nice outdoor mall 11 miles south in Beavercreek with plenty of food establishments.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
quality426, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear njtraveller13,

Thank you for taking the time to respond and review our hotel. I agree there is not much to do in the hotel but there is lots to do in Miamisburg and Dayton! If you happen to come back please ask for a visitors guide at the front desk!! Dayton is not major city but there are many attractions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Michigan
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We arrived when there was no one else at the desk but one clerk. She found my reservation with no problem. I mentioned my dog and she said I should have told that when I reserved. I did and showed her the confirmation email. She sent us to a smoking room (#133), when I had specifically JUST TOLD HER I must have a no-smoking room due to health issues. The room reeked of old stale tobacco smoke (as did the hallway). I immediately went back to the desk and she informed me that ALL rooms were now no smoking rooms. I asked if that room had been a smoking room before as there was no symbol on the door. She said yes, but the hotel was not responsible if people chose to smoke in the room. I had to INSIST on another room. What a hassle!! Was that really necessary?? The new room was okay, other than no bathmat. We just used a towel instead.

When we checked out I was told I had not been charged for the dog - I hadn't told them... I again pulled out the email and showed them, yes, the room charge included a dog charge.

I am not sure I would stay here again, just because of the front desk personnel. When we checked in, we were hot, extremely tired and just wanted to rest. No one, especially when a reservation was made and there was a printed copy of the reservation, should have to have argue about a room and a pet charge. Wake up people! In this economy, there are less people traveling and you must be professional and on top of things if you want repeat business!!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a copy of your reservation, especially if you have a pet with you!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SCBMichigan
I am sorry your were not very happy here. I will try my best to address each issue. As far as no one at the desk, we are a limited service so in the evenings many times there is only 1 employee. So time to time they need to leave the desk area for a moment to assist a guest. As far as the pet information...unless you book directly with the hotel, the notes of information may not come through...including those booked on Choice Hotels.133 is a non smoking room. Guests from time to time smoke in non smoking rooms and we do our best to recover that situation. If able we even charge the guest $150 which is stated on the registration card. We do not allow people to smoke in non smoking rooms. We have smoking rooms on the 3rd floor only. 133 has never been a smoking room. If you look on choicehotels.com it clearly states the pet fee is $10 per pet per night and says nothing about the rate being any part of that. I don't know if maybe you booked through a third party. I hope you give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future. I spoke with the clerk involved and she did not feel she came across that way. This is a learning experience for my staff and I am sorry your were not treated well. We pride our selves in our service so this was very disappointing to me. We will try to do better for you next time.
kings mountian, nc
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Many of the other local places were full and was glad to find a nice king bed here. Clean hotel. Didn't do the breakfast - it was very busy - but looked adequate. Will very likely use this place again as I visit the area often. Major mall is just across the interstate with many restaurants for any appitite or flavor. Front desk help friendly. Not a perfect place, but hard to get much better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xsubmariner
Dear xsubmariner,

Thank you for taking the time to post this nice review. I will take into consideration that you find us just adequate. We try to be a little better than that. I hope you do visit us again and enjoy our breakfast with over 15 items available for your appetite. Look forward to seeing you soon!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 14, 2012

there really isnt anything bad about the property. im just a hotel snob. i have stayed on more than 1 occasion so its good enough to go back to. if you are looking for all the bells and whistles this is not it. the hotel is clean and comfortable and i do stress clean. the breakfast is descent and the staff is great. i did use the pool and it was clean. for the price its a great hotel to stay. the flat screens should be coming soon.

Room Tip: room 204...book it
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SalonJunkie73
Dear SalonJunkie73,

I truly appreciate a hotel snob for I am too! Haha. If you book with us again, call me and I will find those bells and whistles to make you feel a little bit more special! I love going over and beyond when needed. I want to thank you for posting this and giving such generous scores! Hope to see you again soon!
Beattyville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife has stayed here several times while in the Dayton area and has always had good things to say about the facility and the service, so when I was overnight in Dayton recently I decided to stay here. It's a very clean and appealing hotel with an interesting lobby and what looked to be a great pool area, although I didn't go swimming.

The room was clean and was well-equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. Beds were comfortable.

Good breakfast with standard continental fare plus biscuits and gravy (but no meats, like most other Quality Inns where I've stayed).

The location is on the west side of I-75 at Miamisburg, just south of downtown Dayton. Lots of shopping and dining in the immediate area.

Now for the issues which left a negative impression on me. Some may have been specific to the room but others probably apply to every room in the hotel.

Both the air conditioner and the refrigerator were noisy. One of them being noisy would have been bad enough but both were loud. I had to turn off the AC to be able to carry on a conversation on my cellphone.

The wi-fi was slow and although the television listings showed around 70 channels, not all of them were available. Some of my favorites like TruTV and Fox News did not come in, and neither did The Weather Channel. This was a bit of an annoyance.

The bathtub was tiny and water pressure in the shower was very low, almost a trickle. This is a pet peeve of mine and it's rare that I can find a motel with adequate water pressure.

The price was reasonable, and I got even more of a discount by using my Kentucky Farm Bureau discount when reserving online.

Would I stay here again? Probably, but I would be tempted to explore other options before settling on this facility.

Room Tip: If you have a discount that offers more than the standard 10 percent AAA or AARP use it to get a gre...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank millenniumhwy
Dear millenniumhwy ,

I am truly sorry you had some issues with your stay. I am not sure what room you stayed in or if you reported the issue to the desk to have problems fixed. Most issues are limited to a per room basis. We pride ourselves in offering a high Quality product. We are in the process of getting new HD Tv's and that is the reason for the channels available through Time Warner cable. I have not had any guest remarks regarding the WI-fi. The water issue must have been an issue with that room. Vectren just installed brand new shower heads this year to conserve energy, but we have not had any flow complaints. We could have switched your rooms if there were elements making too much noise. I hope that if you do come back to Dayton you give us another opportunity to better serve you, so you can see there are not issues in every room. I would be happy to offer you a rate lower than your Farm Bureau discount to give us another chance. Feel free to call me directly.
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Newly remodeled, excellent shape and super staff.
Breakfast was great and staff kept it filled and warm

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hartdan1
quality426, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
hartdan1....Thank you! You comment is short and sweet! No need to fluff things up here! You made very valid points that I am sure other travelers will appreciate! *Newly remodeled*- We became a Quality Inn in 2009 so our renovations are new. We did 100% full renovations! Everything is brand new!! *super staff* - We do our best to go over and beyond the guests expectations! Lastly *Breakfast* - We believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day! We want to offer you the best in quality and freshness! Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!!
Saginaw, MI
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We've never stayed at any Quality Inn, but the price of the room compared favorably with other area motels in the Miamisburg area. We couldn't believe the amenities: lovely room, extremely clean, comfortable beds, updated facility. The breakfast buffet was very good with a great variety. From now on this Quality Inn will have our business and we'll try other Quality Inns to see if this is what we can expect from this chain. Thanks!

Room Tip: Price of room (senior rate) compared favorable with other motels and we didn't need to go out f...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon S
Sharon S......Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our efforts! Quality Inn is a great chain! You get so much at a great value! We are constantly updating your brand standards to offer you an AMAZING experience! As far as the other hotels in Miamisburg, we are the only hotel that offers a mid-price range. I hope you continue to be pleased as you visit our sister hotels around the country! Happy travels!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Extended Stay America - Dayton - South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg? Share your experiences!