“Decent place to visit if you're on a pizza fix.”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Family stopped at Milano's before heading home. The exterior was appealing, which made me a little excited to see what was coming next. Within, there are arcade games and a bar area and some classic rock and roll blaring the background, with televisions strewn about, showing various Olympic events. Felt like your typical sports bar. The booths have a digital jukebox you can use to play said classic rock. I didn't peruse the list to see what else they could play.

Alright, so on to the food. I tried one of their pretzels, and it was pretty good. Milano's advertises that they make their own dough, so I would imagine that anything that's a piece of bread would have been created by said dough. The small side salads that my family ordered looked pretty appetizing, and they raved about the salad dressing. The family opted to split some pizzas, and we had a meat lovers and a bbq chicken pizza. The pizza's are cut up into squares/rectangles, so you can get several small pieces to make up a larger slice. It was easy to take a few squares from one pizza and then a few from the other pizza and pass it around. It didn't take longer to feel pretty full from all of the eating and we still had a lot of pizza left over. Bonus points for quantity. As far as quality of the pizza, it was okay. The crust was lacking since it had a thin crust style to it, and I wished that I could taste more sauce. I guess I'm just picky about my pizza. I didn't dislike it so much that I wouldn't order again, but if I ever come back, I'm going to try a sub instead.

And on to the service. We had a waiter who seemed to be a little on the goofy side. Drinks were filled as needed, and there wasn't much else that was needed aside from that. Cheese and pepper flakes were provided without us asking, so another plus for that.

Being that I'm not from around Ohio, if I came back, I'd probably choose to go somewhere else. This isn't a slight to Milano's, because it wasn't a bad place to eat..I'm just convinced that I can find better.

There are newer reviews for Milano's Atlantic City Submarines

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We dined at Milano's on Springboro Pike for lunch on a recent Sunday. In the past, we have enjoyed the cheesesteak and the Italian beef sandwiches, and were looking forward to having them again. We were very disappointed, particularly in the bread, which is advertised as being baked daily: The crust was tough and nearly impossible to chew. The impression we got was that the sandwiches had been made on a previous day, left out, and then frozen. The crust on my son's pizza likewise had a "frozen" taste. The poor quality of the food was contrasted with the service: Our waitress was very attentive, friendly, and prompt. My one regret is not having brought the food to the attention of the manager at the time. We hope we'll have a better experience on our next visit.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We usually come hereonce a week. Pizza and subs are good, could spend $25+ on a pizza and drinks for family of 4. Sometimes on the weekends it is loud in there, but there are sometimes a lot of people in there with kids. They do have a few games for kids and a full bar with tvs.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Food was very good, but the atmosphere was not the best for talking with a client. Service was quick and friendly. Open forum makes the area very noisy as the lunch crowd grows.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Roll was fesh baked butbwithout a crispy crust. Sauce was very good. Meatballs were a disappointment as they were almost tasteless. Should have been simmered in sauce. No plan to return