“Decent hotel, especially for the rate” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Fort Myers
“Decent hotel, especially for the rate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

I got an incredible rate, so I have to say my expectations were a little low given the fact that this is a Doubletree property. The room was relatively clean, although there were stains on the carpet and on some of the decor. The area seemed pretty secure, and there was only a little noise from the interstate.

We had reservations for two nights, and the strange events started as we returned back after our first day in Dayton. First, the reservation had been changed to one night, even though I had a confirmation for two. Then the rate was different than the reservation confirmation. After returning, the front desk called to ask if we intended to check out, which we obviously did not. Exhausted by the days events and developments, we decided to take a nap. Thankfully, we didn't choose to enjoy some "alone time" as a housekeeper barged in to the room without knocking to ask us if we planned on checking out. That was a nice surprise as we tried to nap.

All in all, the reservation issue was fixed, the rate was changed back to the one in the confirmation, and the alarm clock was changed out. It was the strangest stay in a hotel I think I've ever had.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank eightonesix
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this review, January 23, 2011
Thank you for sharing your hotel experience with us. I am glad that our staff was able to correct their mistakes and I am sorry for any inconvenience that they may have caused you. We try hard here to learn from our short -commings and we will use the experience that you have shared as a "teach and train" opportunity. I hope that you will consider giving us another chance to "wow" you with our customer service on a future stay.

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton-South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

I have been staying at this hotel regularly for over 10 years on business trips. I stay here because it is the closest thing to a full-service hotel in the Miamisburg area, and the rooms are large. The hotel has been rennovating over the last couple of years, and I have to say some of their choices baffle me. The rooms have been redecorated in much darker shades before, giving them a closed in and dingy feel. Also, some of the materials used in the bathroom rennovation are giving off a strange acrid smell which has been lingering for months. The restaurant/lounge area is the most recent to be rennovated and I can only assume that the decorator likes the 1970s - otherwise, I have no idea why you would choose dark latticework screens peppered with plastic bunches of grapes as one of your design features!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Cascascas
Thank you for your comments regarding the new decor at our hotel. Because you are one of our faithful and loyal guests, we value your opinion. The fact that you have been staying with us for over 10 years says that we must be doing something right!! We have had such positve feedback on our recent renovations and I am sorry that you do not find them to your satisfaction. Your continued loyalty is much appreciated and we look forward to exceeding your expectations on your future visits.

Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

When we walked in, my husband said, "This place is way too fancy for our family!" The staff were helpful and friendly, the double/double suite was fabulous with TWO TVs (our kids were thrilled!), a fridge, microwave, iron, hair dryer, super-clean bathroom, sofabed, and coffee/tea maker. The breakfast was out of this world. If we ever travel to the Dayton area again, this is where I want to stay! The price was fabulous, and the whole family agrees that this is the best place we've ever stayed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank flatlandermom
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us. All too often, people only take the time to write reviews when their expectations have not been met. It is refreshing to receive a "glowing review" such as yours and I plan to share it with the staff in our next meeting. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Dayton!

nashville, tn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

Actually I thought this was a pretty nice place to stay. We were there for several nights and even decided to extend our stay. The layout of the room was very comfortable. It was nice having so much room. The hotel was very clean and the linens were well above average. The price couldn't be beat. I loved the location and the nearby amenities. It was about 25 miles to Kings Island. Any restaurant you could want is right in the area and many within easy walking distance. Even with the close proximity to the interstate and highway, the room was very quiet. The pool and hot tub were wonderfully refreshing after a day of site seeing. The breakfast and breakfast staff were fantastic!
The problems were minimal and if I weren't writing them down, I would probably forget them within a few weeks. The sofa in the room was in need of replacement. It was clean but there was a huge "hole" in the middle you would fall in when you sat down. I stayed in a smoking room but there were nonsmoking rooms all around me. I could smell the smoke in the hall so I feel sure a nonsmoker could smell it in their room. (There were only a few smoking rooms in the whole hotel so you have a good chance of being far away from them.) And last but not least, the biggest problem of all.....the perfume worn by the desk staff. I am NOT at all sensitive to perfume but when you get off the elevator at the opposite end of the lobby and you can TASTE it, someone needs to tone it down.
I guess you can say I would recommend this hotel and I really do think I would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank amybeth111
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to here that our breakfast staff treated you well, but it is unfortunate to hear that the sofa in your room was not in working order. It is problems such as these that need to be reported during your stay so that we may have an opportunity to fix them for you. We here at the hotel are working hard to satisfy our guests and we welcome your comments, good and bad, as they offer us an opportunity to improve our service. I hope you will choose us again when you are travelling to Dayton.

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

OK, for starters let me say I am biased in favor of Doubletree hotels. I mean, who doesn't love a warm chocolate chip cookie?? Because I love Doubletrees I am willing to forgive certain shortcomings, like the definite strong aroma of cigarette smoke that greeted me in my "non-smoking" room. I think the problem is that my room was on the same hallway with a few smoking rooms. The same happened to a colleague of mine and he requested a different room which did not have that problem.
All the rooms are suites, which is a plus, though I have to admit the layout of my 1-bedroom suite was a bit odd with the bathroom sink basically right next to the bed. (Toilet and shower in separate space closed off by a door.) TVs are not flat screen. Internet service was fine. Furnishings maybe a bit older but still OK.
The fitness room was great! 2 ellipticals (the good kind that have incline adjustment), 3 treadmills, 1 recumbent bike, a large set of freeweights and 2 weight benches. I think there was a bosu ball or something like that as well. Watercooler and towels stocked as well. Each cardio machine has its own personal TV, and if you don't have headphones just ask the front desk and they will loan you some. (They even give you a new set of foam pads for the earpieces each time... nice not to use ones that someone else sweated all over!)
My coworkers and I went down to the bar for cocktails each night and found the bartender friendly and talkative. We didn't eat in the restaurant but the menu seemed fairly standard American fare.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We encourage our guest's comments as that is how we can improve upon our service. It appears from your review that you were pleased with the fitness center. That area has been recently renovated and the equipment is practically new. The next thing on our list are the HDTV flat screen TVs. They are expected mid-year. Please consider our hotel on your next visit to south Dayton.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,290 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

My wife and I were on a trip very recently down to Georgia. We checked for a city that was about half way to our destination and we found Dayton, Ohio. We rolled off I-75 at dusk and were checked in promptly and found all that all the goodies we had ordered in advance were in the room awaiting our arrival. The room was fantastic, the price was great, the folks were very hospitable. We were also pleasantly surprised to find a top rate restaurant right on the premises - that was great. After a long day on the road we really didn't want to go searching for a spot to eat. The gym was well equipped for aerobic and weight training (free-weight dumbbells only though). All in all this is a great spot for an overnight or even an extended stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JamesII
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We are grateful that you chose us as a stopping point on your trip to Georgia. Our staff is committed to making each guest's stay a pleasant one. Please keep us in mind whenever your travels take you south.

South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. Had a few welps red bumps that later became raised red blotchy spots on my abdomen itchy with small white puss head). I had two on abdomen chest area. I asked my partner who stayed in a seperate room about it days later and he immediately pulled up his shirt and showed me his. I thought mine was bad, his was worse. Didn't think much of it at the time, just irritated skin spot. Despite this the rooms seemed to be clean and comfortable. Since this experience, I've been horrified to have to resort to staying in hotels. What few times I've had, brought my own blaneket for "ground cloth" to put ontop of sheets, then my sleeping bag and own pillow.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nogonowhere777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
#4 of 13 in Miamisburg
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg? Share your experiences!