DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
miamisburg, United States
“personal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

The front desk employees were confused and didn't know what rooms were empty. It was under staffed for the amount of guest staying there. They sent us to a room all the way in the back of the hotel that was already occupied and wanted to argue with us that it wasn't. Then wanted to send us to another occupied room but finally found us a room. We were never given any cookies.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
We are sorry that you experienced difficulty during your stay with us in April. It sounds like you found us in the middle of a quick hotel turn around and we simply were not prepared to get you checked in properly. I apologize for any rudeness dispayed by the front desk staff and I will speak to them personally regarding their actions. Please call the hotel and ask for me directly. I would love to send you a tin of our chocolate chip cookies!

Kelly Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Greater Cincinnati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

The hotel was experiencing a large turn over from several events in the area(soccer tournament). When our group arrived at 3 PM for check in we were advised the rooms weren't ready and that we would be notified when our block was cleaned, so we waited in the lobby area. At 4 PM several other groups arrived and the front desk started processing rooms, which was contrary to what we were told since we were the first group to arrive. So after waiting in the 10 deep line, I finally got my keys around 4:45. The staff was very courteous and evened compd our entire group's breakfast buffet for the next morning. The rooms were very nice and the buffet was good( not worth the $11 per though). The staff was very nice, however, I believe it was poor planning by mgmt. not to have enough housekeeping to turn the rooms for incoming guest. It just started our experience off on a bad first impression.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are sorry that you had to wait to check-in during your recent stay with us. We are an extremely polular hotel for sports teams and youth events because we are an all-suite, full service property, located next to many fun things to do. On the rare instance such as yours, that we need to turn our sold out hotel around from the12 noon check out to the 3pm check in, there simply isn't enough time to do laundry and service all of the rooms as quick as we would like. Sometimes we fall short in our service to accomodate all who anxiously await to stay with us. I am glad that you and your whole group enjoyed breakfast on us the next moring! I hope to see you back again next year!

Bay Village, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel really welcomes the business traveler with a manager's reception, breakfast voucher, and a room with plenty of space to work and relax. The fitness center had plenty of options, and you're close to the Dayton Mall for shopping, if needed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay while here on business. It's great that you found space to work and relax and even fit a workout in! The manager's reception held on Monday thru Wedenesday is a nice place to unwind. Do keep us in mind on any future visits to the Dayton- Miamisburg area!

Cleveland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great place for business or pleasure. Restaurant had great service, staff was helpful, and rooms were clean. Location was great with easy access to area retail business as well as restaurants. Would highly recommend to family as well as the business traveler.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your 5 Star TripAdvisor review. We know that there are many places out there to choose from and we are grateful that you chose us! We strive to achieve excellance and we are always looking at ways to improve what we do. Reviews like yours recommending us to others is the highest compliment that we could ever receive!

Logan, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is the first time I've ever written a review without staying on a property, however, this is also the best service I've received over the phone! I am traveling to Dayton with a boys basketball team for a tournament next weekend and needed to book a hotel. The first person who picked up the phone (Tracey) was SO nice and helpful. For the amount of rooms I needed, she suggested that I speak with Dina (event coordinator maybe?) and get a block of rooms. When I was transferred to Dina, she was also extremely informative and helpful. Although I do not have enough guests coming to block the rooms, I am well informed on how the process goes and will block rooms in the future. Tracey gladly took the information about the five rooms I needed to reserve and gave me several options to best suit our needs. Typically I do all my reservations online, but felt more comfortable making a large reservation over the phone. So glad I did! I'm looking forward to our stay next weekend! I'm sure that the hotel will be as high class as the service!

Thanks again Tracey and Dina!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words! I am glad that the staff was able to accomodate your group and offer some suggestions along the way. Being an all-suite property, we are a great hotel for teams of all sizes. With a full service restaurant and an indoor-outdoor pool, we can send you off to play ball after breakfast and greet you when you return with one of our warm chocolate chip cookies. We are glad you chose us and hope to see you again soon!

HARRISON, OHIO, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Pleasant stay, very helpful staff. Room was clean, although my husband said the room smelled lemony, but it did not bother either of us. Had a very restful weekend away. Very spacious accomedations, more room than we really needed. A channel guide in the room would have been helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We recently added 16 new channels to our TV line-up and I have new channel line-up cards on order. Hope to see you for your tournament again next year!

Milan, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

We booked two rooms on Monday evening, March 17th. through the hotel's reservationist on site for Tuesday and Wednesday, March 18th. & 19th. Had to ask the reservationist at the 800 number call center to speak with the hotel directly. Assured us we had two rooms, offered AARP rate. We arrived around 4:00pm to check in only to be informed by the front desk agent we did not have rooms there. The hotel had overbooked due to the basketball event going on and the team had taken more rooms than originally planned. We were told the hotel had reserved rooms for us at a hotel we were unfamiliar with about five minutes away (actually about 15 minutes away). She was very uncaring that we did not want to move. Didn't seem to care about the fact that we were upset. Offered us cookies, really? Like that is going to make up for the fact that you were not honest about not having the rooms in the first place. I should have figured something was amiss when I did not receive the emailed confirmation I was told I would receive. We were told all hotels overbook. Sorry, I disagree with this. I work for a resort. I am the group reservation specialist for my resort. If a group needs more rooms than they actually contracted for the group and we have no rooms available the group would move to a different hotel for those rooms needed. If we do make a mistake we would contact the last person who made a reservation and work this out by giving them the option to cancel full refund or we would make the reservation for them at a different hotel on us for all nights they would be staying. You can bet we would give them a free night stay to come back anytime. The hotel did pay for one night of our stay at the hotel they walked us to for both our the rooms we booked. They did not charge us for the second night. We were told we could come back and stay here on the second night of our reservation. Sorry, you really think I would trust that you would have rooms the second night? I feel this should have been handled more professionally and not by a front desk agent who clearly did not care. If you walk us then you should have paid for both rooms both nights. Very disappointed in this hotel. This was the first time we booked at this hotel. We had guests with us from Australia and they were very concerned and upset by this experience' Very bad!. Where was the manager when this was happening? Asking for the manager got us nowhere. Would not consider booking with this hotel again. Clearly someone does not care about individual reservations or good customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
We are sorry that your visit to our property ended with us relocating you to another hotel. We were honored this year to be chosen by the NCAA to host a basketball team for the play-in games here in Dayton. This event brings several teams, bands, cheerleaders and fans to our area for four days leading up to the NCAA March Madness Tournament. Of course, with this honor comes some undue hardship on our guests that have a reservation with us when the team then needs to extend their stay or request additional rooms. It was not possible to relocate the whole team since NCAA has to pre-approve all hotels where the teams stay. This approval process is done months in advance. We pride ourselves in giving great customer service as is displayed by the other five-star comments that we have received on TripAdvisor. Our caring staff is always willing to go the extra mile and give great customer service! I am sorry that you did not get the opportunity to experience this with a stay at our property this time. We would love the opportunity to WOW you on another visit to the area.

Kelly Brown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
#4 of 13 in Miamisburg

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg? Share your experiences!