“Good Hotel for Business Travelers”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Bay Village, United States
“Good Hotel for Business Travelers”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel really welcomes the business traveler with a manager's reception, breakfast voucher, and a room with plenty of space to work and relax. The fitness center had plenty of options, and you're close to the Dayton Mall for shopping, if needed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay while here on business. It's great that you found space to work and relax and even fit a workout in! The manager's reception held on Monday thru Wedenesday is a nice place to unwind. Do keep us in mind on any future visits to the Dayton- Miamisburg area!

Kelly Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great place for business or pleasure. Restaurant had great service, staff was helpful, and rooms were clean. Location was great with easy access to area retail business as well as restaurants. Would highly recommend to family as well as the business traveler.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your 5 Star TripAdvisor review. We know that there are many places out there to choose from and we are grateful that you chose us! We strive to achieve excellance and we are always looking at ways to improve what we do. Reviews like yours recommending us to others is the highest compliment that we could ever receive!

Logan, Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is the first time I've ever written a review without staying on a property, however, this is also the best service I've received over the phone! I am traveling to Dayton with a boys basketball team for a tournament next weekend and needed to book a hotel. The first person who picked up the phone (Tracey) was SO nice and helpful. For the amount of rooms I needed, she suggested that I speak with Dina (event coordinator maybe?) and get a block of rooms. When I was transferred to Dina, she was also extremely informative and helpful. Although I do not have enough guests coming to block the rooms, I am well informed on how the process goes and will block rooms in the future. Tracey gladly took the information about the five rooms I needed to reserve and gave me several options to best suit our needs. Typically I do all my reservations online, but felt more comfortable making a large reservation over the phone. So glad I did! I'm looking forward to our stay next weekend! I'm sure that the hotel will be as high class as the service!

Thanks again Tracey and Dina!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words! I am glad that the staff was able to accomodate your group and offer some suggestions along the way. Being an all-suite property, we are a great hotel for teams of all sizes. With a full service restaurant and an indoor-outdoor pool, we can send you off to play ball after breakfast and greet you when you return with one of our warm chocolate chip cookies. We are glad you chose us and hope to see you again soon!

HARRISON, OHIO, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Pleasant stay, very helpful staff. Room was clean, although my husband said the room smelled lemony, but it did not bother either of us. Had a very restful weekend away. Very spacious accomedations, more room than we really needed. A channel guide in the room would have been helpful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We recently added 16 new channels to our TV line-up and I have new channel line-up cards on order. Hope to see you for your tournament again next year!

Milan, Ohio
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We booked two rooms on Monday evening, March 17th. through the hotel's reservationist on site for Tuesday and Wednesday, March 18th. & 19th. Had to ask the reservationist at the 800 number call center to speak with the hotel directly. Assured us we had two rooms, offered AARP rate. We arrived around 4:00pm to check in only to be informed by the front desk agent we did not have rooms there. The hotel had overbooked due to the basketball event going on and the team had taken more rooms than originally planned. We were told the hotel had reserved rooms for us at a hotel we were unfamiliar with about five minutes away (actually about 15 minutes away). She was very uncaring that we did not want to move. Didn't seem to care about the fact that we were upset. Offered us cookies, really? Like that is going to make up for the fact that you were not honest about not having the rooms in the first place. I should have figured something was amiss when I did not receive the emailed confirmation I was told I would receive. We were told all hotels overbook. Sorry, I disagree with this. I work for a resort. I am the group reservation specialist for my resort. If a group needs more rooms than they actually contracted for the group and we have no rooms available the group would move to a different hotel for those rooms needed. If we do make a mistake we would contact the last person who made a reservation and work this out by giving them the option to cancel full refund or we would make the reservation for them at a different hotel on us for all nights they would be staying. You can bet we would give them a free night stay to come back anytime. The hotel did pay for one night of our stay at the hotel they walked us to for both our the rooms we booked. They did not charge us for the second night. We were told we could come back and stay here on the second night of our reservation. Sorry, you really think I would trust that you would have rooms the second night? I feel this should have been handled more professionally and not by a front desk agent who clearly did not care. If you walk us then you should have paid for both rooms both nights. Very disappointed in this hotel. This was the first time we booked at this hotel. We had guests with us from Australia and they were very concerned and upset by this experience' Very bad!. Where was the manager when this was happening? Asking for the manager got us nowhere. Would not consider booking with this hotel again. Clearly someone does not care about individual reservations or good customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
We are sorry that your visit to our property ended with us relocating you to another hotel. We were honored this year to be chosen by the NCAA to host a basketball team for the play-in games here in Dayton. This event brings several teams, bands, cheerleaders and fans to our area for four days leading up to the NCAA March Madness Tournament. Of course, with this honor comes some undue hardship on our guests that have a reservation with us when the team then needs to extend their stay or request additional rooms. It was not possible to relocate the whole team since NCAA has to pre-approve all hotels where the teams stay. This approval process is done months in advance. We pride ourselves in giving great customer service as is displayed by the other five-star comments that we have received on TripAdvisor. Our caring staff is always willing to go the extra mile and give great customer service! I am sorry that you did not get the opportunity to experience this with a stay at our property this time. We would love the opportunity to WOW you on another visit to the area.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This place is awesome, from housekeeping, to front desk, to serving staff they absolutely have it going on. Customer service is there #1 priority! Warm cookies at front desk, clean, nice rooms, definitely stay here! I have been at more expensive hotels but none any nicer!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the outstanding review! Your kind words go a long way towards contributing to our success. We have a great and caring staff here on property that is always ready to make your stay a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

St. Louis, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The place was really clean and well maintained. My only suggestion would be if you are on the 2nd floor even though it's nonsmoking we could smell smoke which turned out to be from the 3rd floor. The smell was more noticeable when the heater was ran. I told the lobby and they put us in the Hilton Honors floor for our stay the next week!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the recent feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am please to see that you will be returning to the property next week and that we were able to address your smoking concerns and relocate you to the Hilton Honors floor. That's what we do best here...customer service is our number one priority!

Kelly Brown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
#5 of 13 in Miamisburg

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg? Share your experiences!