“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Philadelphia, PA
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here during a business trip in the Dayton area. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though some of the furniture seemed a bit dated. The bed was excellent -- I slept more soundly here than I have in a hotel in quite some time. The hotel is right off the highway, but my courtyard-facing room was quiet. I imagine rooms facing out are more noisy. The free wireless worked well and enabled me to do several hours of work. My only gripe is that the molding along the front of the work desk curved downward and scraped into my legs when I set the desk chair at a comfortable height. I had to sit to the far side of the work desk to find a comfortable seating position. The breakfast buffet was well-done, with a lot from which to choose. I was able to print out boarding passes easily in the business center.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank joni960

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'm a fan of DoubleTrees in general and decided to pay a little more to guarantee a decent room by staying here instead of one of the local hotel/motels. I needed a good night sleep and internet to get some work done and this delivered. This place had comfy beds (like most doubletrees) and clean rooms. Nice TVs and nice "living room area" in the suite. The internet was pretty fast and I enjoyed my short stay here.

Room Tip: I had a suite with two queens and a small foldout couch in an adjoining "living room area."...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank A G
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a nice evening meal and drinks right in the hotel restaurant. We had a long work day and it was great that there was no need to get back in our car and find a restaurant after checking in. We had a very helpful waitress and were able to relax after the meal as long as necessary. I always choose this hotel when in Dayton.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Pam A
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal DoubleTree guest! We are so pleased that you enjoyed dining with us on a recent visit! We do have some of the most delicious Mediterranean inspired meals in the Dayton area. Our chef is preparing a fresh, new menu and she will be introducing those additonal mouth watering items this month. We can't wait for you to stop in a try some of them!

In hospitality,
Kelly Brown
Trotwood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Excellent place to stay and extremely friendly and helpful staff. Enjoyed our "get-a-way" romantic experience! For anyone wanting a quiet yet romantic experience, I would recommend the Doubletree. Breakfast had a wide variety of food choices, although I would recommend the breakfast should include hard-boiled eggs and turkey breakfast products. Nonetheless, the food choices were still very good and the hostess was fun-loving with fast service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joeanna H
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property based on your recent visit to south Dayton. We are so glad that you had a wonderful experience on your romantic getaway! We hope you will return again soon! Remember, Valentine's day is just around the corner!!!

In hospitality,
Kelly Brown
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Doubletree during the Christmas holidays and found it to be very comfortable and clean. The front desk staff were attentive to our needs. Nice indoor pool and jacuzzi. It is very close to the Dayton Mall--a nice plus for a bit of holiday shopping.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ONUalum
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The breakfast was really great. I also thought the location off 1-75 was great. The overall value was excellent. The Bartender absolutely superb and very friendly. The parking was plentiful. I also thought there were some quite good retaurants in the area so an excellent and convenient place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank GRALISTAIR
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting family. We are a family with two kids, so we usually prefer a suite layout with doors between the living space and bedrooms, but the price was so good here (I always find better prices on the hotels' site using my AAA card) we got two adjoining suites and it was perfect. There are only a handful of adjoining rooms, so I had to call a few times to get the appropriate person who could really guarantee we'd get them (save some issue where the room would be inhabitable) but each time I called they were so helpful, even offering me numbers of nearby hotels that might work for me.

When we checked in, the kids were instantly drawn to the large fish tank which made the whole stay much more pleasant. The restaurant had a nice breakfast, plenty of options, and we heard dinner was very good too. The first night however we thought we'd eat there but it was empty and after waiting five minutes or so never saw anyone come out so we went out to eat.

The only other thing that didn't go great was how they didn't really clean the snow. We were there during a significant snow storm, but really it was only maybe 5 inches of snow and we ventured out at lunch time to find roads ok to drive on. But the back roads to the hotel were less plowed and the area by our hotel was not plowed at all until the next day and even then was a pretty sad job at clearing the road. It does seem to be partly the region, but more certainly could have been done to make the parking lot and road safer.

Warm cookies were offered every time we were around, and they were wonderful. The rooms were really lovely, I'd absolutely stay here again. Staff were really great, always smiling and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Momof2Sharon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg? Share your experiences!