“My visit was good.”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
A TripAdvisor Member
Centerville, Ohio, USA
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My trip to the Double Tree Suites was good. I would have liked it more had the tv been flat screens with HD, I was watching the Olympics and on the tv's in the room it wasn't all that great. I did however like the set up of the room. The staff were all very nice and willing to help with anything. I would recommend my family and friends to stay there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

I do apologize that you had to watch the Olympics on our TVs in the suite. Hopefully you were able to catch some of the action on our HDTVs in the lobby and restaurant. We just received approval for the installation of new HDTV's in each suite so please stop in again on a future visit to the area and check them out. We thank you for your business!

Kelly Brown

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Booked this room at the last minute and got a great rate via Hilton's website. We have a family of 5 so we normally look for 2 double beds & fold away beds but rooms were booked in this area that fit this criteria. Found this suite that had sofa that had double bed and king bed but room for a fold away...yay! First time in a Hilton (we usually stay at Mariott's) and I was SO IMPRESSED from our greeting to check out. We checked in and we all 5 were given hot, out of the oven, chocolate chip cookies! They were delicious!! And for the ones that didn't want cookies then they were given apples :) Our room was very spacious and perfect for our family of 5. We discovered around bedtime (10 pm) that our sofa bed was broken and the staff was on the scene within 5 minutes (normally at a Mariott this takes an estimated time of 15-20 minutes to be addressed). The maintenance guy was SO nice and immediately brought us 2 twin fold away beds to replace the full size sofa bed. They brought us addtional bedding, pillows, and blankets for our 3 kiddo sleeping on an air mattress! Wow! For being so late at night we were thoroughly impressed! We travel alot and this kind of service is hard to come by...anyhow we all slept great and had wonderful amenities while visiting. We were not in our rooms very long since it was a short overnight stay. Only negative (but we are not big TV watchers) was that the screens are not flat screen...they are the old timer TV's. We will gladly pay what we did & view 30 minutes of Old Timer TV screen time! Front desk was Awesome on check in & check out. Housekeeping was super friendly too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind words about your recent stay with us! Our staff always aims to please. We make a point of going out of our way to make you feel at home. We have just received approval for the installation of the flat screen TVs so please visit us again soon to check them out!

General Manager.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel July 9-10, 2012 but had reservations through the 11th. Upon our arrival the front desk crew spent more time taking calls rather than speaking with us. When the did take time to check us in I was amazed at the poor interpersoanl skills demonstrated by the staff. It felt as if we were taking them away from something more important. Our room was clean but very dated, eighties TVs and popcorn ceilings. The shower did not have a fan resulting in what appeared to be the start of mold in that area. When we arrived at our room we noticed used room service trays and plates in the hall. These items remained there through part of the next day. On our second day when returning to our room, the keys would not work. When I spoke to the manager, I was told that since our first night was paid for with my members points and the second night was out of pocket the keys would need to be scanned again. I asked why she could not have shared that information on the day prior rather than waiting for us to discover it on our own, which resulted in her becoming very argumentative.
The overall property was in poor condition and I suspect this property is being sent to the breakers soon. I shared my concerns with Hilton online but never receive a response.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael E
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for not providing exceptional service on your recent stay with us. We are capable of so much better! New flat screen HDTV's are comming - they are just around the corner! I invite you to give us another try so we can WOW you with our customer service and you can see the many exciting changes occurring at our property.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed here before and had good luck but in this stay much went wrong. I am a diamond member but never got breakfast tickets, I prepaid two nights and had added another online. I missed the first day which I knew would lead to losing that night but the front desk lady argued with me that I couldn't possibly have booked that third night online as they were full. When she finally looked it up she found I did have one. The guy at the front desk had no idea how to turn on the computer in the business office and never checked the paper. Thanked me for telling him it was out and said he wished more people would tell him I guess as it was two steps away it never occurred to him to check. As I was getting ready to go out to dinner I took a shower and the electricity went out. On yhe other hand they have a nice managers reception on Monday and Wed with live music that was really nice.

Breakfast does not start until 6:30 a bummer for me. Otherwise fine just needs to do some work with staff

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

I am sorry that your stay with us wasn't as pleasant as previous ones have been. We try hard respond to our guest's every need and we clearly let you down this time. Please stop in again to hear live music and give us another chance to show you the customer service we are known for. Hopefully the temperatures will cool down for us in the Midwest and we won't have to deal with another power outage!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stopped over outside of Dayton on a trip back to the east coast, and snagged a good price on the Hilton web site. The receptionist was a joy to work with (her name actually WAS Joy!) and she made sure I had a room at the end of a hall. The two rooms were nice, albeit a little small, but the amenities were top notch. My only complaint is that the neither room had flat screen TVs. In this day and age at a Hilton property, this was very surprising. The breakfast buffet the next morning was scrumptious. All in all, a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so glad that you enjoyed yoru stay with us! You will be happy to know that the flat screen TV's will be arriving soon. Please consider another visit to our property to see all the new updates and changes taking place.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed here for a week while on a business trip.

The hotel is about 20-25 minutes from DAY, and is close to the main highways 675 and 75.

The hotel is in a "hotel park" of sorts with many other hotels in the area.

Breakfast is available each morning at the on site resturant. It is 11 bucks for a basic buffet. It's free for diamond/gold members. I wouldn't pay for the breakfast, but since it was free I can't complain too much.

The layout of the hotel is nice. It is basically a big rectangle with multiple side entrances. This makes unpacking your car, and accessing your room extremely easy. The center of the hotel is a courtyard with a pool. The pool is an indoor/outdoor combo and is in great shape overall. There is also a hot tub if that floats your boat.

One important point to mention. On Monday and Wednesday, happy hour is held in the bar from 530 to 630. It is 75 cent wine and select beer. Not too bad of a deal, and it draws a pretty good crowd.

The rooms are comfotable and clean. I think all the rooms are suites, so you have two rooms. One with a bed and the other with a couch, the mini fridge and a table.

The biggest letdown for me was the televisions in the room. They are the older tube style. The TV's emit a loud humming sound and the picture quality is terrible.

There is an on site snack shop with the basic stuff, and the gym is pretty nice. The equipment is a bit old, but there is plenty of room for multiple people to work out. Also, if you don't like the onsite gym, the hotel has a deal with a local gym, you just show your room key and you can go there.

There is the usual resturant nearby, panera, chick fila, kfc ect. There is also a mall, if you're interested in killing some time. There is a budget movie theater, where tickets are 3 bucks. The movies are older, but again a good place to kill some time.

There is also a supermarket next door, which may be useful.

Since this was a business a trip, the cost didn't come out of my pocket. But I would pay about 90-100 dollars per room.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 3rd floor toward the back. This will ensure traffic noise is minimal.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Goosebump6
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I had a less than great experience once before but I thought they deserved another opportunity to show how good they are. I stayed one night and had a great, clean and quiet room. The front counter gentleman was very friendly and efficient. Great job!

I had a beat up old hairdryer in my room, but that is not very important.
It worked... but it has been neglected.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg? Share your experiences!