“Good location, hotel geared toward business travelers”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed here for a week while on a business trip.

The hotel is about 20-25 minutes from DAY, and is close to the main highways 675 and 75.

The hotel is in a "hotel park" of sorts with many other hotels in the area.

Breakfast is available each morning at the on site resturant. It is 11 bucks for a basic buffet. It's free for diamond/gold members. I wouldn't pay for the breakfast, but since it was free I can't complain too much.

The layout of the hotel is nice. It is basically a big rectangle with multiple side entrances. This makes unpacking your car, and accessing your room extremely easy. The center of the hotel is a courtyard with a pool. The pool is an indoor/outdoor combo and is in great shape overall. There is also a hot tub if that floats your boat.

One important point to mention. On Monday and Wednesday, happy hour is held in the bar from 530 to 630. It is 75 cent wine and select beer. Not too bad of a deal, and it draws a pretty good crowd.

The rooms are comfotable and clean. I think all the rooms are suites, so you have two rooms. One with a bed and the other with a couch, the mini fridge and a table.

The biggest letdown for me was the televisions in the room. They are the older tube style. The TV's emit a loud humming sound and the picture quality is terrible.

There is an on site snack shop with the basic stuff, and the gym is pretty nice. The equipment is a bit old, but there is plenty of room for multiple people to work out. Also, if you don't like the onsite gym, the hotel has a deal with a local gym, you just show your room key and you can go there.

There is the usual resturant nearby, panera, chick fila, kfc ect. There is also a mall, if you're interested in killing some time. There is a budget movie theater, where tickets are 3 bucks. The movies are older, but again a good place to kill some time.

There is also a supermarket next door, which may be useful.

Since this was a business a trip, the cost didn't come out of my pocket. But I would pay about 90-100 dollars per room.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 3rd floor toward the back. This will ensure traffic noise is minimal.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Goosebump6

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I had a less than great experience once before but I thought they deserved another opportunity to show how good they are. I stayed one night and had a great, clean and quiet room. The front counter gentleman was very friendly and efficient. Great job!

I had a beat up old hairdryer in my room, but that is not very important.
It worked... but it has been neglected.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The hotel from the outside & inside lobby is pretty nice. The staff was rude, we requested a double bed room on priceline and when we checked in they gave us 1 king bed room for 4 people. We had to argue with 2 staff members before they finally gave us the right room we had already paid for. The indoor pool was nice, water temperature was warm, they also had a hot-tub. The hotel is pretty over priced for the area and it does not offer free breakfast which is a bummer for $150 a night you should get free breakfast. The room was nice it included a mini fridge to put your cold items in. The bathroom was nice, except the tub was very slippery so we went out and bought a bath nonstick mat for inside the tub. Tip: when checking in ask for more towels they only include 2 in the bathroom. Also the 3rd floor smells like smoke really bad, it was a former smoking floor so try to get a room on the 2nd or 1st floor.

Room Tip: Choose a room not on the 3rd floor it smells like it was a former smoking floor which is now non-smo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us. It is not typical for our staff members to treat guests rude. We try hard to accomodate everyone and I am sorry that we fell short during your stay. I regret that the only double bedded room we had available when you checked in was on the third floor which is a smoking floor. If you had let myself or the front desk know of your housekeeping needs, we would have been more that happy to supply you with a rubber bath mat, some extra towels and even an air purifyer. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we can have an opportunity to show you the great customer service that we are capable of.

In hospitality,

Kelly Brown

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We spent one night at this DoubleTree after being uprooted from a nearby Wyndham with no working air conditioning. We were in town for the weekend for a soccer tournament and 10 families landed on their doorstep asking for rooms. They were courteous and worked quickly to get us in on short notice. The night we spent here was 1000 times better than the previous night at Wyndham. DoubleTree was clean, the room was spacious, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was good and our server at breakfast was extemely nice in making sure we had what we needed at our table. Plus when we checked in, they gave us warm cookies - nothing like starting things off on the right foot!! After this experience I will likely look more toward DoubleTree in my travels. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a king room with a fold out coach/bed. Probably the only downside to this stay was the fold...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jnifr
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Pleased with the cleanliness, convenience, and location. Stayed here while antique shopping in Waynesville. Hotel bar was comfy, great bartender! Everyone was very friendly and helpful during our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with 2 double beds and a separate living room. The room is very spacious. Only c...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ilovemexico99
Reviewed January 22, 2012

It was in 1995 when first I came down to Dayton, the Double Tree hotel is nice, but much better the service. Something I clearly remember is that an IT partner asked for a beer, the waitress immediately brought it together with a glass. He refused the glass and said if I had my beer in a mug it would be better, without saying anything the waitress, came back with the mug and an open smile. It was something that deserves to be recalled.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank michelangelof
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This beautiful hotel was very clean, the service was great, will definitely go back. We have family in the area.

Room Tip: We had the kings size be with office suite
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rayeap
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
#5 of 13 in Miamisburg

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg? Share your experiences!