Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South
$65
QualityInn
$46
Priceline
All reviewsfull kitchentwo storythe penthousehot breakfastgreat roominternet connectionliving areaa great place to staystaff was very friendlyfree breakfastdayton malldishwasher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Michael C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Michael C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed there on September 29, 2012 and didn't check the beds like we normally do because the hotel looked really nice. However around 3 AM my daughter came and said there were bugs in her bed. I went to check and she was right. We then began to shake all our stuff and take it to the car, after getting ready to check out I called the front desk. They immediately sent housekeeping who tried to convince me they didn't have a problem and have NEVER had them she said. After showing her the bugs, I left and went to the front desk. The clerk appologized and gave me a $12.00 discount, but that was all she could do. Haha, what a joke I said that won't even cover the cost of my cleaning bills.

Room Tip: Check your beds carefully when you check in, including dust ruffle.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time out to send your comments. I apologize if your daughter was bitten by a bug in her room. The following morning we closed off your room and had our maintenance man and housekeeping manager check the room, they found no indication of bed bugs, but to be safe we also called in our pest control company. They checked the room and did not find bed bugs either. A bug that was dropped off at the front desk in tissue was so smashed it was not able to be determined what exactly it was. We have a national pest control company that maintains our property and our room cleaners are always checking for pests. We pride ourselves on being proactive. We thank you for your business and hope you will come back again.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The price was great and I loved having the mini suite with fireplace and kitchen. The only problem was housekeeping. They only do "full" clean every day and they skipped us that day and didn't restock the next. Then it was the weekend which only gets cleaning if you request in advance. We literally ran out of TP! I ask for a call back from the manager- which I never got. On the plus side it's close to Dayton Mall and only a mile from our kids- which was the whole purpose of the trip. I'll probably stay here again next year. A free hot breakfast is a big plus

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Michael C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Hello there;
Thanks for staying with us. I'm sorry housekeeping overlooked you, Im sure it was just and error on their part. I have spoken with the Housekeeping Manger to make sure they stop at every room. I'm so pleased the rest of your stay went well. We hope to see you again in the future.
Sincerely

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Every time I stay at this location, the customer service always amazes me! The evening person is one of the best I have ever seen. Taylor really cares about the customers needs. Great work!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Michael C, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your great comments on Taylor, she does keep the desk running smooothly and orderly. She has a great personality and makes our guests feel at hope. We thank you for your business, and hope to see you again.