“Great hotel, great location, great breakfast”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Morgantown, wv
“Great hotel, great location, great breakfast”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Everything was fine at this hotel, right across from the mall, great price! Just off the interstate. Clean, comfortable, quiet, good breakfast.

Room Tip: all are fine
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank vidulichm
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind remarks. It seems that you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast buffet. Please return in the summer to enjoy the pool and even use the BBQ grill and picnic area!
Aletha Dillinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Let me start off with - the location is AWESOME!! It's near a plethora of shopping and eating!! Our room (1024) was definetly run down. Furniture is aged, horrible water stains about the refrigerator, our door didn't lock correctly. The sleeper sofa mattress is completely torn apart on one of it's corners. Even though the room states it's non-smoking, it smelled of cigarette smoke. Televisions definetly need upgrading, haven't seen a big box television in a hotel in quite a while. I'm pretty sure if you tore out the carpeting on the stairs, it would reveal that the stairs are rotting. You can feel it as you're walking up and down them. The curtains are stained brown, I'm not sure from age or cigarettes? All in all, for the money, you get the space but our particular room was definetly not up to par :o(

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your remarks. We will be upgrading all televisions this year, as well as many other improvements in the rooms. Also, when the weather breaks will be making improvements to the outside. I can assure you the steps are not rotting but as in homes wood does begin to creek with time. I invite you to return at the end of summer to see the many improvements that we are making at the hotel.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2012

These condominium style rooms offer everything you need for an extended stay in Dayton. The staff will go overboard to meet any specific needs you have. Believe "indyfixit" just didn't bother to ask for staff assistance!

Room Tip: Definitely a great place to stay if you are looking for value and a very accommodating staff! If yo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I believe we do have a great staff thank you for the compliment. I have passed your remarks along.
I hope you are able to come back in the summer and enjoy the pool.
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Stayed there for about a month staff was very friendly but did come in twice and find housekeeper smoking in my room. I was new to the area and would have moved into this place for good if it was within my price range and not 1500 a month. Think its around an 600 to 800 dollar a month value. Cable didn't hardly work n I had to plug in my own tv to get cause the one I had I think was a 26 in or something. Did see another room that they showed me had hd tv but said it was on reserve for someone else. Like I said it was clean minus the lady smoking in my room but on the long term u can get the same amentities at a cheaper rate and when I.wanted to speak to whomever was in charge about moving in there permanently I.was told to call someone who never called me back.after I called her ten times. Obviously I found a new place, front desk was great beds were comfy.but long term I.would go somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank afc4244
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We will definitely address with the housekeeping staff about smoking in a guest room. This is not acceptable.
Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have stayed at this Hotel last year and this year and did not find a problem -bed was comfy -room was cleaned and had no odors Breakfast was more than enough-a wide selection -I will stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: The room was clean
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vernad
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We appreciate the positive comments! We look forward to you and your family staying with us in the future!
Indianapolis
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed during the Mead Cup soccer tournament with my family. I think they try to make it clean, but our supposed non-smoking room smelled so bad we could barely sleep. We had to rewash all of our clothes that never even came out of the bag once we got home. We had two rooms, so it wasn't just that we got a bad room, both of them smelled horrible. On the positive, the front desk person, Cesare, was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank indyxfit
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear Indyxfit,
Thank you for your review. I do apologize that your rooms smelled like smoke. We do impose a strict no smoking policy however some guests do chose to ignore this and smoke in the room.
I do hope your team did well in the Mead Cup Soccer Tournament.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Booked the room for one night through expedia.com and the hotel was filthy and disgusting enough that my wife would not stay there. The exterior was in need of repair as well as the exterior doors. There was mold around the tub. It felt dirty in the room and old. The hotel desk refused to credit my room and referred me back to expedia.com who did contact the hotel to verify my complaint. The hotel said there was nothing wrong with their hotel and refused to acknowledge my refund request (which was made to expedia.com just after 4PM of the same day I checked in). I will never again book through expedia.com if my complaint and refund is not given to me. I will also never stay at a Wyndham Hotel as well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We take all reviews seriously and we went to the room you were in and will address the issues mentioned.
I would like to address the refund with you. We did refund to the credit card expedia provided to us. If they did not refund you, please call the hotel and we will again advise them we did process the refund.
Aletha Dillinger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South? Share your experiences!