“Place to Stay in Miamisburgh, Ohio”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is very well kept, clean and friendly atmosphere; staff was very friendly and accommodating - I requested a change of room for a better view and they had no problem in assigning me a different room; breakfast was also very good and hot; shopping mall within walking distance; I was in Dayton for grad ceremony at Wright State and Unviersity of Cincinnati; they are just right off the expressway and not a long drive at all. All in all, I would recommend this facility to anyone. Rates were also very good in comparison to other hotels on the same street.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank chenaz
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate that you chose Hawthorn Suites Miamisburg for your stay while celebrating graduations in the area. I am glad we had a room that was available with a better view. We accommodate requests when rooms are available. We hope this is not your only visit to Dayton and would like to welcome you back if your travels find you here again.
Aletha Dillinger

There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South

Reviewed June 12, 2011

The trip was for 2 nights to house hunt for an upcoming move to the area. There was an infant, parents and grandma came to babysit. I had called ahead to find out the room layout of the suite so I could decide did I want a suite or go with another hotel and get 2 rooms. I was informed there would be a queen bed with french doors, a queen bed in the loft, sitting area and kitchen. It sounded great. I knew not to expect something fancy based on prior reviews so was prepared for an older hotel.
I arrived in the evening to find a room with a broken murphy bed behind a torn curtain instead of a queen bed behind french doors. Late, everybody tired so we made do. Left early next morning for a long day of house hunting. Came back to a dirty room. The watermelon rind that was on the stairs when we arrived the day before was still on the stairs. That food was on the stairs the entire 3 days.
There were safety concerns beyond the food on the stairs. Loose handrails and steps, carpeting pulled up with carpet staples sticking out to catch your feet were a couple.
I did try to talk with the hotel about this. I spoke with the front desk who tried very hard to do what she could. She told me she would have the manager call me. I have tried multiple times to discuss with the manager and they will not return calls or e mails. The staff I did speak with were polite and professional, breakfast was good but Management of this site is a real problem

Room Tip: Possibly go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. I do apologize your stay was not up to our normal standards. All your issues have been addressed. As stated in our phone conversation we do have two different 2 bedroom suites room types. The front desk did not mean to misrepresent the room.
I hope you will return and experience us as you should have the first time.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I go to Dayton to visit w/family, but I like staying on my own. I love the Hawthorne Suites because it's like I have my own apartment. The location is great--right by the Dayton Mall and close to the highway. This location is a bit older, but the rooms are clean and the staff are always nice. I haven't had a single complaint, and would recommend it for both short and extended stays.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

Dear Marianne 100,
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. I am glad that you continue to return. I look forward to meeting you the next time you are in the area visiting.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

I've stayed with Hawthorn Suites before, but not this location. It was disappointing. Our biggest complaint has been the so-called free wireless Internet. It hasn't worked for four days (I'm typing this using a connection at a neighboring hotel!).

The front desk knows it's broken, but doesn't seem to care. (At one point, they told us to call Wyndham's national help desk, which was pointless as well.)

In fact, the entire place has the look of a hotel where the managers either don't care, or aren't around to supervise properly. The housekeeping has been hit-or-miss, too. It's not dirty, but a lot of things are left half-done (trash cans in the middle of the room, cabinets left open).

Oh, and other commenters are right about the traffic noise. I-75 is right next to the hotel.

For the price, it's OK, especially during Hamvention weekend --- but you could do better if you shopped around.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

I would like to apologize for the disappointment you experienced during your recent stay in the Hawthorn Suites Dayton South, and thank you for taking the time to share your honest opinion of your recent stay. I also apologize the internet help desk could not help you with the issues. You housekeeping issues are being addressed with the staff. I do hope you will try us again. Please contact me personally for your next stay.

Reviewed May 19, 2011

The Hawthorn Suites - Dayton Mall (the former Residence Inn) is a decent hotel. It has plenty of space and all rooms have a full kitchen. However, the hotel in general is starting to show its age. The furniture appears very old and the appliances in the kitchen are very antiquated. Additionally, the bed was not very comfortable and the freeway noise was very prevalent during the night. On the plus side, the front office staff was very friendly and responsive to our needs. Overall, the hotel is acceptable for business travel but is certainly starting to show its age.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Dear ky_tax_man,
Thank you for taking the time to review Hawthorn Suites Dayton Mall.
Our staff will be pleased that you mentioned their great service. They take pride in their work.
As you mentioned we are an aging hotel. However, we are replacing items and making repairs. If you come to Dayton often, we hope you will continue to stay with us and see our improvements.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

I was displaced to due a severe storm that we had in the area. I needed to find something quick and within my budget. I was able to book a suite that same day and the price was better than all other competitors. I really did not realize the value until I saw how nice the suite was. Easy check in and check out. Customer service was excellent. The suite was clean, and well maintained. The hotel sits close to I-75, but the traffic sounds did not bother me at all. The wind was still a little high as a result of the storm, so the exhaust fan in the bathroom rattled through out the night, but heck I am used to that happening at home. I just closed the bathroom door. It was a very peaceful stay and I did not have to go out for anything. Everything I needed to enjoy my stay was provided.

Room Tip: Check online specials for the Hawthorn Suites.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank gemcitydame
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2011

Dear Gemcitydame,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your kind words are appreciated. I hope all is well with your home now after repairs from the recent storms. I hope that you can return for a get-away and enjoy our pool, when it is open this summer. We look forward to having you stay again.
Director of Sales

Reviewed March 23, 2011

The buildings look a little tired on the outside but the rooms were fine. Rooms on the highway side of the buildings are noisy. Good value for the price I paid. Fitness center not very good.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Dear dcazel,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites Dayton South. Our guest reviews are valuable to us.
We are on the highway but do honor as many requests as posible to be away from the highway. Also, we will begin painting and landscaping as weather allows.
I do hope that a desk agent advised of our agreement with a near by health club for a better work out if our facilites do not meet your needs. This is one of many complimentary amenities we offer to all our guests.
In your next trip to Dayton I hope to see you and would enjoy meeting you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Extended Stay America - Dayton - South

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South? Share your experiences!