“Old fashioned store”

End of the Commons General Store
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is old fashioned general store. Has the candies, pop and things you or older adult will remember from childhood. There are also local cheeses. This place is worth the stop.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

When you step into this store it's like stepping back in time . Penny candy , bulk candy and food including my children's favorite .... the bag of Lucky Charms Marshmallows . Home made fudge , Amish baked goods , a wonderful selection of "local" cheeses , and new little cafe` . Well worth the drive to historic Mesopotamia ! Just make sure it's not a Sunday .... it's Amish country they are closed .

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Wow, I thought I was in heaven. I personally like to sample locally made root beers and other soft drinks (pop, soda). The store carries over a hundred types of these, including the hard to find ginger beer. The selection of candies was great. The grocery store part included lots of snacks, cheeses and local meats. The prices were fine. We enjoyed poking around the store. We purchased really unusually flavored saltwater taffy, grapefruit gummies and little presents. Meanwhile, the trip there took us through Amish farmland, complete with lots of flowerbeds. It was hot, or we would have gotten out and explored the many century homes on the Commons.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

When I pulled up and saw the old amish buggy outside I knew we were in for some fun.
The old penny candy is what caught my eye as well as the "wall" of different old time soda's that you could buy and try, I forgot that there were so many......lol

They also had plenty of amish meats and cheeses and jam's as well as bulk goods for baking. They had cookware and some old time remedies such as vapor rub and liniment.

And if you take the time to look overhead you will see the wonderful collection of old soap boxes and collectables the owner has.

A very special place to visit, have your camera ready for some pictures in the Amish buggy.

4  Thank Ray K
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I went to the End of the Commons General Store during a recent journey to Ohio. I was amazed at the huge selection of candies, and was thrilled that many of them were still around since I was a child. The prices seemed really good on all their items.

They had a good deli selection with lots of local cheeses. There was even homemade jerky, which was something new to me. I tried one of the Amish fry pies (essentially an apple pie but with soft pasty) and it was absolutely delicous; it was completely filled with apples and very, very tasty!

The staff were friendly, but not annoying and allowed me to shop in peace. When I had questions, they answered them with a smile. The shop, while retaining it's Amish flavour, has a Point of Sale checkout that allows you to pay by debit/credit card.

The building is at the end of the commons (hence the name) and there are a lot of historic buildings alongside the oval common area. If you are in the area it's worth stopping by to see the huge wooden Amish horse and buggy outside - quite a feat of carpentry!

1  Thank Circusdog

Been to End of the Commons General Store? Share your experiences!